Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Increase base generator damage/Another objective

Gardenia
Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
A part of the reason I think genrush can happen so much is that the base damage of kicking a gen is too low. If you kick a gen that's almost done, it won't reduce it much. 

I think tier one pop goes the weasel should be base for kicking gens.

Either this or add another objective.

Comments

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    I would be down for this, but if devs nerf the gen speed they should also nerf killers who do well with the current system, like Billy or Nurse.
  • Gardenia
    edited January 2019
    Vietfox said:
    I would be down for this, but if devs nerf the gen speed they should also nerf killers who do well with the current system, like Billy or Nurse.
    Why do Billy or Nurse need to be nerfed? In regards to generator damage?
  • Vietfox
    Gardenia said:
    @Vietfox said:
    Because they got a good map pressure with the current gen speed. If we increase the time it takes to repair gens that means we are buffing them indirectly.
  • Gardenia
    Vietfox said:
    Gardenia said:
    @Vietfox said:
    Because they got a good map pressure with the current gen speed. If we increase the time it takes to repair gens that means we are buffing them indirectly.
    That makes sense. 
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

That'd probably be pretty bad if the killer got a three gen strat going on. There's supposed to be hope for the survivors, lore-wise. If there isn't a chance to escape 'cause the killer can take a chunk off the generator, it would create a situation where winning could be unlikely.

An additional objective could be quite a lot of fun, though, and liven up the gameplay. I'm up for different game modes, too! That would be cool. :)

• Vietfox

That'd probably be pretty bad if the killer got a three gen strat going on. There's supposed to be hope for the survivors, lore-wise. If there isn't a chance to escape 'cause the killer can take a chunk off the generator, it would create a situation where winning could be unlikely.

An additional objective could be quite a lot of fun, though, and liven up the gameplay. I'm up for different game modes, too! That would be cool. :)

It's survivor's fault to let the 3 gen strat happen.
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Vietfox said:

Not all the time I go it a game and see who if 3 gens are close togeather and I just go nuts defending them and making it my game lol
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox said:
    fluffybunny said:

Not all the time I go it a game and see who if 3 gens are close togeather and I just go nuts defending them and making it my game lol
    If survivors are smart enough they won't let that happen.
  • NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277
    edited January 2019

@fluffybunny said:

• evertime I see someone say this I have to give it hell yes more modes plz.sick of this ranking.
  • fluffybunny

@Vietfox said:
    @fluffybunny said:

Yeah, I know, but it'd be even easier to do if killers take off a chunk every time they kick the gens. What's to keep them from chilling by three gens that are close enough together?

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Yes, we need more damage done to generators. Like this:

• Vietfox

That seems fair and balanced.
  • Vietfox

@Vietfox said:
    @fluffybunny said:

Yeah, I know, but it'd be even easier to do if killers take off a chunk every time they kick the gens. What's to keep them from chilling by three gens that are close enough together?

Good survivors can deal with that, all 4 solo survivors need to be 200 IQ though.
  • Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    Gardenia said:
    A part of the reason I think genrush can happen so much is that the base damage of kicking a gen is too low. If you kick a gen that's almost done, it won't reduce it much. 

I think tier one pop goes the weasel should be base for kicking gens.

Either this or add another objective.
    Tier 3 at least
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Vietfox said:

What? I mean once you find all the parts, and where it landed, I'm sure you can repair it just fine. :p
    Also
     :p
  • Vietfox
    edited January 2019
    Vietfox said:

What? I mean once you find all the parts, and where it landed, I'm sure you can repair it just fine. :p
    Also
     :p
    I know it was a joke, i'm ######### but not that ######### :p
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@fluffybunny said:

@Vietfox said:
    @fluffybunny said:

Stop with the colloring your posts!... also now i know how to do it hihi

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    I'm down! 
  • ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Id like to see that. Assuming Billy and Nurse saw slight nerfs it'd be a really good step towards not only stopping gen rush but balancing most low map pressure killers
  • Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

I don't think Pop Goes The Weasel should be part of the base kit but I do think the generator regress speed needs to be buffed from .25 to .50 charges per second

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:
    fluffybunny said:

If survivors are smart enough they won't let that happen.
    They try but you try stopping a hag or bubba from dealing of 3 close gens
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Devs dont wanna cause more "gen sim"/ more holding a button to complete the objective they should add objectives 
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

@Vietfox said:

This exactly. If there are three killers that don't need any buffs, it's Nurse, Hillbilly and Spirit. Maybe even Hag. I'm always scared that the devs will buff killers again without changing anything about those three killers. It woul be too much.
    Let's also add camping and tunneling. I'm sorry, but if killers want a nerf to gen rush, they also need to accept a nerf to camping and tunneling. That shouldn't even be a discuission.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Stopping regression's too easy.
    Or rather, the fact that the Killer is the one who needs to win time the most out of all players, yet is also the one who needs a way longer animation in comparison, is just bad.

• fluffybunny

@Milo said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Vietfox said:
    @fluffybunny said:

Stop with the colloring your posts!... also now i know how to do it hihi

Nuu, I like the colors. D: I found a guide here on using markdown and HTML. I think they have all the colors there, too.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

@Bravo0413 said:
    Devs dont wanna cause more "gen sim"/ more holding a button to complete the objective they should add objectives 

True, but the question is if they want to change their game in such a drastic way after two years.
    Also if they do this, certain top tier killers will need some nerfing. I'm thinking of Nurse, Hillbilly, and Spirit in particular.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    ad19970 said:

@Bravo0413 said:

True, but the question is if they want to change their game in such a drastic way after two years.
    Also if they do this, certain top tier killers will need some nerfing. I'm thinking of Nurse, Hillbilly, and Spirit in particular.

Yeah but think about it....if alls survivors have to do is find something to be able to work on the gens then I dont think any nerfs would need to happen honestly 
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    edited January 2019

@Vietfox said:

That is why instant generator damage should be linked to a bar that slowly refills. The fuller the bar is, the higher the instant damage.
    This means that if you have a near infinite amount of movement speed, you wouldn't even be able to abuse the instant generator damage mechanic.
    This also means that if you're a stronger killer, you also wouldn't get more out of it. (Unlike Pop Goes The Weasel)

With that in place, what OP proposes becomes very workable with and is a more skill-full solution for killers rather then going with something as simple as increasing generator time.