Let's Theorize! What Could Future 2v8 Killers Have For Their Innate & Team Skills

Chordyceps
Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,698

Right now it's only 5 killers in 2v8, but this game mode will definitely be coming back and will be added to each time. Let's have some fun and theorize on what the upcoming killers to the gamemode will have for their team skills (benefits both killers) and innate skills (benefits the killer that has it only).

I'll start us off with some of my favorite killers in the game:

Deathslinger:

Team Skill: Auras of survivors within 24 meters of you are revealed to your team while a survivor is speared. Survivors further than 64 meters of you have their aura revealed to the team while you reloading.

Innate Skill: Reload faster and move faster while reloading.

With these abilities, Deathslinger will be providing a lot of intel to his team while speeding up the slower parts of his kit to match the fast paced speed of 2v8.

Demogorgon

Team Skill: Channeling Of The Abyss while within 16 meters of your teammate reveals survivors with 16 meters of either of you to both killers.

Innate Skill: Area of Effect of active portals is increased by 4 meters. Set, enter and emerge from portals 20% faster.

With these abilities, Demogorgon's killer instinct capabilities are increased to help with finding survivors and starting chases, while spending less time on setup and traversal.

The Dredge:

Team Skill: Nightfall charges 33% faster and is 50% shorter. Instead of cloaking the map in darkness, Nightfall grants both killers the undetectable status effect. In Nightfall, both killers see killer instinct from teleports.

Innate Skill: Teleportation movement while in and out of nightfall is 20% faster. Lockers cannot be locked.

Hilbilly shows us some killers powers can be reworked a fair bit to fit in with the 2v8 gamemode. As much as I like Nightfall, I think it would need to be changed a bit to work within the 2v8 setting.

The Unknown:

Team Skill: Survivors that are weakened also suffer from the exposed status effects

Innate Skill: Hallucinations generate 20% faster. Hallucinations reactivate 15% faster. Increases maximum number of Hallucinations by 2.

Abilities that center around taking multiple hits to down a survivor probably wouldn't work fantastically in a fast paced environment like 2v8, so changing how UVX work both speeds up chases and allows for more teamwork based capabilities.

These are some of my ideas for future killer 2v8 abilities, what do you think other killers might look like in 2v8 mode?

Comments

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068
    edited July 25

The Legion

Innate Skill: Frenzy lasts 2 seconds longer and recharges 5 seconds faster.

Team Skill: Your Killer ally sees the Killer Instinct of Survivors revealed by Frenzy.

Post edited by Tatariu on
  • Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 383

We don't need to give everyone aura reading. Demo could, for example, make anyone near a portal oblivious and blind. That could be interesting.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,775

absolutely NO to the Dredge or Legion. What a ######### miserable experience that would be.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 960

I second that - Same with Plague. Put them all out to pasture for this mode.

im quite enjoying the mode and honestly think I’ll struggle to go back to 1v4 - it’s been a very needed breath of fresh air for the game and made it a bit lighter and enjoyable again. The last thing we need is miserable killers mucking it all up.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,833

Demogorgon will need something to make it so survivors can't break its portals. With that many survivors, there is no way you'll keep them intact.

I don't think Plague should ever be an option in 2v8.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,694
    edited July 25

Okay I'm going to go to town. Trying to be semi-realistic so I kept them fairly simple and unimaginative for the most part. I also didn't do any licensed characters since we're unlikely to get all of them.

Hag

• Innate: More traps, faster setting, traps remain even after a teleport (they must be destroyed by survivor)
    • Team: Teammate can also teleport to an activated trap

Doctor

• Innate: Longer/wider range, bigger AEO shock
    • Team: While within 16m of teammate passive static will build up with 60 meters ( kind of like old doctor)

Clown

• Innate: More bottles, bigger gas area that lasts longer, yellow speed doesn't effect survivors
    • Team: Yellow bottles also effect your teammate with a longer lasting haste

Spirit

• Innate: Global phasing, louder survivors while in phase, longer lasting phase
    • Team: While phasing within 16 meters of a teammate they will disappear

Legion

• Innate: Longer chase power, get slightly faster on each hit, needs to hit 6 survivors to down
    • Team: Teammate can also see killer instinct of any survivor the legion can

Plague

• Innate: Survivors do not need a fountain to cleanse themselves of sickness but can instead self-cleanse; medics can cleanse themselves/others faster. After 4 cleanses Plague will automatically get Corrupt purge. Infected objects stay infected for longer.
    • Team: When a survivor is downed, all surviors within both killers terror radius will scream

Oni

• Innate: Sloppy effect on hit, more blood orbs around (still spawn even when in power), can see survivors that walk through them, longer lasting power but no instadown
    • Team: Teammate can also see survivors that walk through bloodorbs

Deathslinger

• Innate: Quickscope is back, faster reload
    • Team: While a survivor is speared they are exposed to your teammate

Blight

• Innate: Slower speed but infinite rushes (similar the old add-on)
    • Team: Can see auras of survivors 32m away while within 16m of a teammate

Twins

• Innate: Victor no longer attaches. Can injure and down.
    • Team: While next to victor or charlotte, gain a slight haste boost. Teammate can teleport to any downed survivor.

Trickster

• Innate: More knives, knives partially refill after a main event
    • Team: While in main event survivors in your terror radius become exposed

Artist

• Innate: Extra crow, faster crow recharge time, crows spread
    • Team: Survivors that remove crows have their aura revealed to teammate

Dredge

• Innate: Faster locker teleport, longer nightfall, break out of locked lockers quicker
    • Team: While in nightfall you and your teammate become harder to detect (sort of like wraith cloak but slightly more visible) teammate can break locks

Knight

• Innate: Can use multiple guards at once
    • Team: Gain haste while in range of a guard

Skull Merchant

• Innate: Extra drones with wider range
    • Team: Teammates gets undetectable while they or the merchant is under a drone

Singularity

• Innate: many extra pods, longer pod range, pods recover faster
    • Team: Teammates that get pallet stunned by a survivor that's been tagged will insta break the pallet.

Unknown

• Innate: Extra clones to teleport to, direct hits will put into deep wound,
    • Team: Teammate will get killer instinct of any survivor within 8 meters of a clone

Edit: I had stuff to do so I kinda hurried some of them. Will come back and edit them some later.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 960

I think just allowing your other killer to see when survivors are cleansing the portal and allowing them to benefit from the oblivious status effect would be enough.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,942

it seems they're going nerf killers with exposed similar to billy. Idk what they'll do with plague. Likely make it that infection reduces repair speed by -20%, No longer inflicts broken.

Fountains passively respawn every 45 seconds.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,370
    edited July 26

You realize they could significantly change their powers right? They heavily changed billy into being more of a support role. They could something similar to legion and plague.

Like, for example maybe plague infection doesn't damage them, just reveals aura periodically to the 2 killers. Or for legion they could do something like:

• Feral slash no longer causes deep wounds
    • After hitting a survivor with feral slash, the aura of the survivor furthest from the legion is revealed while frenzy is active, hitting that survivor will refresh the feral frenzy duration and mark another survivor, hitting a different survivor will immediately end feral frenzy and give the survivor deep wounds.
    • Feral Frenzy now lasts 30 seconds
    • If all survivors are injured, the marked survivor is able to be downed.

Something like that would make legion heavy support, where you are injuring survivors but like 30 seconds apart.

• Toystory3Monkey
    Toystory3Monkey Member Posts: 450

Singularity:

Innate - +4 more pods, -15% biopod internal cooldown, no basekit haste, +4 printers.

Team - slipstreamed survivors are revealed and hindered by 5%.

Xenomorph:

innate - leaving turrets reveals survivors instead, turret resistance is reduced by 30%, the amount of turrets increased by 4, 13 control stations spawn.

Team - while xenomorph maintains the crawler mode outside of tunnels, the other killer becomes undetectable and 10% faster.

• kosaba11
    kosaba11 Member Posts: 117

Frankly it shouldn't come back, this game mode is terrible regardless of what side you play on.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 828

I would be super disappointed if BHVR gave these powers to Legion for 2 Vs 8.

With 8 Survivors in the trial, there would be more opportunities to do what you rarely ever get to do in a typical trial, which is to get that elusive 5th hit down. Removing this aspect of their kit would kill my desire to play as them tbh (and I'm a Legion main).

Maybe they could do a kind of Susie's mix-tape / Never Sleep Pills combo into one power? Frenzy starts at base speed, lasts for 20 seconds and gives you an Increased Killer Instinct detection range. I think they'll definitely need extra duration, since the maps are absolutely huge.

The saddest thing for me about Legion in this mode is the rule that you can't both play as the same Killer, meaning that I'll never be able to team up with another member of the gang. Legion are not a well loved Killer among the community, so facing two of them at the same time is unlikely to be well received, but oh boy it would be so cool if BHVR could make this possible.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,991

I definitely want more ranged killers like Plague and Deathslinger. How chaotic would it be with them in?