The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This 2v8 mode is how this game should've been since the beginning

AggressiveFTW
AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049
edited July 26 in Feedback and Suggestions

It's about chases, playing by hooks (cages now). No carrying, just a fast animation to send them to a cage and then go and chase others.

This might be a very controversial opinion, but perks should've never existed. That was a mistake. Classes having various benefits that can help both you and your teammates in some way, is the right way in my opinion. It's also much easier to balance than letting all 8 survivors use various perks. That would extremely easy and fast increase toxicity and unhealthy stuff balance wise.

I'm not saying the mode is perfect in any way. I'm just simply saying that this is what this game should've been from the beginning.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 967

honestly, some things definitely need to be taken back into the main game. The combination of the hooks and the cage of atonement has solved SO many problems in one swoop:

-no more suiciding on first hook

-it moves if the killer stays near it too long eradicating the ability to camp

-there’s no incentive to have to carry a survivor to a hook so has reduced slugging MASSIVELY.

I’ve been advocating for this change to hooks for years now and it’s nice to see it in action as it really works.

-Basekit self care on death hook has also been a pleasant surprise and a nice alternative to not being able to heal out of the dying state or get flashlight saves .

• Kuris
    Kuris Member Posts: 228

I enjoy the perk and fun builds you can have around Luck / Kobe'ing & Wiggle / Flashlight / Flashbang saves. I will admit it changes the pace of the game a lot though, and the pacing does feel a bit better. Definitely in some capacity should be a sign of the direction the main game should take.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,077

i miss the add-on for killers and the perks. I do agree with cages and the game being about chases.

• AggressiveFTW

That tactic isn't even viable in higher levels. Eventually, people will not continue to do it in most situations.

• Toystory3Monkey
    Toystory3Monkey Member Posts: 450

i thought this gamemode is about fun and not winning.

either way, 2v1ing people is certainly viable whenever 2 killers wind up on the same side of the map before splitting again. you can get multiple 2v1s and then proceed to just stomping people with overpowered abilities.

• barbabear
    barbabear Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 6

This is the REBORN of DBD! INSANE MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• CodesterKing
    CodesterKing Member Posts: 14

After a good amount of matches, I can't agree more. This mode is like normal DBD minus the downtime of hooking and finding people. Constant chases and the immense amount of options during a match make games super intense and fun.

Another aspect worth mentioning is the removal of hook notifications. You can't easily tunnel a dude out anymore, plus it gives survivors opportunities to reset during the match.

Loving this gamemode and I'll struggle getting back to 1v4 lol

• WolfyWood
    WolfyWood Member Posts: 444

Its only going to be fun until killers start optimizing because quick downs are even more punishing.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,077

i am almost certain that this mode is new foundation for next generation of dbd. so much so that i think original dbd of 1vs4 might be segmented to side mode. there is over 100k player playing this version of dbd and i cannot imagine that if this stays like 100k for next 2 weeks. this mode is going to be permanent. this mode has potencial to just be standard dbd mode.

really, only thing that is missing in this mode is perks. they would have rework entire killer perk system and survivor perk system if they choose to make this as new foundation for dbd. I could very well see this happening. I would not be surprised if this mode also goes competitive. for now it is just beta mode and it is just fun and games.

Brainstorming perk system:

An example could be that killer get 2 personal perk and 1 global perk. a personal perk applies only to the killer who selected it. A global perk applies to both killers. max 2 global perks per team.

Survivor roles have a role perk. each survivor may select 1 role perk and 2 personal perks. the role perk is tied to the role. the personal perk applies to survivor. This would just be a brainstorm of how this mode would work if it was official main-stay mode.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

Yup. I'm honestly only playing cos it's 400% bp incentive. If this was permanent I'd stick to normal mode. 2v8 is too chaotic and overstimulating for me. The incentive is the only reason I'm tolerating it.

• ElodieSimp
    ElodieSimp Member Posts: 385

7 out of the 10 matches I've played has been non-stop slugging, absolutely miserable and makes you want to DC. Probably because killers are catching on that survivors can't do anything.

• AggressiveFTW

You thought this gamemode was about having fun and not winning? People will try to win if they want to. The game has never been as sweaty as it is now.

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 317

Meh. It's a fun chaotic mode, that's it. 1v4 is more polished and interesting at long term.

• Toystory3Monkey

no, im very realistic about what it is, im simply being sarcastic about people who dismiss any design / balance concerns by "muh muh fun not win". i guess i was still too subtle.

• Toystory3Monkey

ive played survivor much more than killer (bc queue times are faster for survivors) and from what I can feel, there's little to no skill expression for survivor.

you just triple/double gens and it doesnt matter which ones bc 5 genning yourself is borderline impossible, unhooks are free and instant too, resets are also super fast, chases are either full autopilot bc endless pallets or you just get 2 teamed by killers / overwhelmed by overpowered chase ability (nurse/huntress having 5 addons) that you cant really play around bc how broken it is so it's extremely one-sided here too.

the only killer that's mildly interesting in chase is wraith and wraith is EXTREMELY and ENDLESSLY boring bc all he does is trying to bodyblock you from the pallet.

I genuinely don't see what part of the survivor gameplay there can be enjoyable in the long term once the novelty wears off. It's just overstimulation with "reward" buttons that you get to press for free and no limit.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477
    edited July 26

Without perks games would have died already because of boringness

But hooks are surely the real reason why tunneling or camping exists

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 987

I like finding people. The macro gameplay gives the game a lot of texture and just chasing all the time is stressful. The downtime is important. I also never would have gotten invested in this game without perks. Trying different load outs on different killers is half the fun for me.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 987

Every game gets "sweaty" the longer it goes on. People optimize stuff. It's what humans do. The skill floor today is higher than it was a year ago. It's a pointless thing to bemoan

• Matteo4P
    Matteo4P Member Posts: 12

I totally agree with you: even toxic flashlight saves spam is removed. Without considering some broken things, dbd is almost perfect with cages instead of hooks: the entity can eat the surv with the cage too so it won't have any problem about it

I also think a new game mode 1v4 with the 2v8 classes should be in the game