The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dedicated server is not responding; disconnecting...

HavoCwC
HavoCwC Member Posts: 4

This is the message I have been receiving since The Unknown chapter was released. I have received this so many times that I have had my ban go up to 72 hours. I had to stop playing for weeks for the ban to go down.

Unfortunately, I have been in contact with support and have found that nothing has worked that they've requested me to do, but I will attempt to tell you the things they've told me so that anyone else having these issues can have a chance at fixing theirs.

1. They believed that the perk Dead Hard and any tomes related to it could be an issue that some players are having. Unfortunately for this specifically, unless you have an entire Survive with Friends (SWF), you can't be sure someone's not using that in your match. The other unfortunate part to this is, it's happening to me in 2v8 as well which has no Dead Hard perk available for use. (Just FYI, I don't use Dead Hard and haven't in years).
  2. They requested that I disable any VPN/Proxy Servers (I don't use a VPN and have no Proxy Servers), but in case you do, here are the directions:
    1. Press Windows Key + R to open Run
    2. Type this in the Run prompt and click OK
      1. inetcpl.cpl
    3. Click on Connections
    4. Click LAN settings
    5. If it is checked, uncheck the box next to Use a proxy server for your LAN
    6. Click OK to save the settings
  3. Add Dead by Daylight as an exception to Windows Firewall (Mine has already had an exception and I even dropped my firewall completely to see if that changes, and I was still given the "Dedicated server is not responding; disconnecting…" I'll add the directions for that part that they gave me.
    1. Select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security and then Firewall & Network protection.
    2. Select Allow an app through the firewall
    3. Locate Dead by Daylight and check all the boxes next to it
    4. Click OK to save the settings
  4. The next step they gave me was to switch my public DNS, by following these steps (I did this and I still was DC'd):
    1. Click on the Start menu, then click on Control Panel
    2. Click on Network and Internet
    3. Click on Change Adapter Settings
    4. Right-click on the Wi-Fi network you are connected to, then click Properties
    5. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (or Version 6 if desired)
    6. Click Properties
    7. Write down any existing DNS server entries for future reference
    8. Click Use The Following DNS Server Addresses
    9. Replace those addresses with the 8.8.8.8 DNS addresses:
      1. For IPv4 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
      2. For IPv6 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844
    10. Click OK, then Close.
    11. Try running Dead by Daylight again.

Those are all the steps they've told me to try and fix this. I have even heard someone say to right-click on the clock on the bottom right of the taskbar and click Adjust Date/Time and make sure you hit Sync Now under Synchronize your clock. One person I saw that it works.

I haven't received any other information regarding an update so until then, I am stuck again not being able to play for awhile. Hope people find this helpful, but unfortunately for some, we won't be able to fix this until something is done. I am hoping this gets fixed soon…………. lol