Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Main and style

RagingCalm
RagingCalm Member Posts: 408

The premise is simple: What is your main/mains, and what is your play style with them? Fell free to include tips, trivia, perk builds, and anything related to this at all. Make your post as long as it must be.

For me:
I currently main Pig(used to be wraith), and the general perk build for her + any other killer is Hex: Huntress's Lullaby, Hex: Ruin, Hex: Thrill of the Hunt, and any perk to complement that Killer's strength/ make up for a weakness. For Pig that extra perk has many options: Monitor and Abuse, Play With Your Food, Brutal Strength, Blood Warden, Hex: No One Escapes Death, Enduring, Knockout, Deer Stalker, A Nurse's Calling, and some others that work OK but not as well(I know I just listed most of the meta and semi-meta perks).
The current working play style is to save 1 trap for the end (2 if you have Last Will) so you can have tension at the end game. The idea that you could help your teammate tends to keep some survivors in, and you may be able to get them + the trapped person at end game.
"Tunneling" trapped victims can be done right and wrong as the pig... the right way is "tunneling" and the wrong way is blatantly tunneling. Just tunneling them outright is not very smart because then there was no reason to trap them since the trap never did anything for you. "Tunneling" is when I let the trapped victim get off the hook/picked up, and then I try to think which jigsaw box they will be at. This skill of knowing exactly where they will be and when will simply grow as you play Pig. knowing this stuff is nowhere near as important as other killers. This is because the traps have another purpose that is not obvious at first - you can locate survivors with them. This is done by doing what I said below(knowing where they will be). The traps make it much easier to do this because the survivors will want to go straight from jigsaw box to jigsaw box, rather than non trapped survivors' ability/mindset of being able to go anywhere they want, at any pace they want. Some useful compliments for this specific area of focus are Stridor, Play With Your Food(Crouch around without being a snail), and shadow born/monitor and abuse.
Another slight strength of Pig is defense, mainly against hooks and borrowed time. the crouch mechanic's obvious strength is to counter Borrowed Time, but it can be used for other defensive tactics as well. Defending gens, perhaps chests, hooks, totems, and even dropped items(Franklin's Demise) are valid strategies as long as you know the survivor is near and you don't waste too much time staying in one spot. The complimenting perks for this focus are pretty obvious.
There are some more minor strengths of Pig, but allow me to inform about her large downsides now -
Crouching actually hurts the Pig massively if she crouches all around the map as her main way of movement. Rather, crouching should be used for defensive tactics, or to sneak up on generators that have Line of Sight cover. A compliment for this is Play With Your Food and/or Monitor and Abuse. The first allows you to crouch around slightly more since the negative is reduced a bit, but note that even at 3 stacks she is pretty slow(If I recall, just faster than a running survivor). The latter allows you to walk up to areas(generators, mainly) a bit close and not have to crouch as soon. Knowing when to crouch is best practiced in a KYF with a friend who can tell you exactly when he hears the heartbeat, or if you are incredibly good with the metric system, just crouch at about 35 meters. The terror radius is only 32, but the heartbeat takes a while to completely disappear.
An additional downside to playing the Pig is that your power is mainly up to RNG. The Survivors may all get their traps off at the second or even first box, and then there is almost 0 chance to get a head pop, and you have very low pressure on them. Since Pig's main strength is to slow the game down and give you time for more chases and hooks before the gates are open, it is incredibly detrimental when RNGesus is not on your side. I have found the best ways to counter this is to guard the first jigsaw box you think they will go to(now it is up to chance, so still similar to RNG), and/or bring in perks or addons to help alleviate this. The main thing to remember, however, is that the chance of all traps getting off within 60 seconds of being placed is always there. You can only reduce that chance.
Addon comments and Trivia(Fun Facts)
Tampered Timer does not gaurentee a head pop. Rather, it makes it so that if the survivor still has on the the trap after 3 searches, there is something you can actively do to force that pop. If you know which boxes they searched, you can gaurd the last. If you don't know, try to find them. Once you locate them, hook/down them, and make sure they are left some distance away form all boxes. [You WILL get called a profanity for this]
Jigsaw's Sketch is not very good, despite how tempting it seems. This is because even if a survivor does not have the trap off after the first box, there is still moderate chance for them to be able to complete the fifth search and survive. The following addon is much better:
Crate of Gears/Bag of Gears are probably my favorite addons, more so than tampered timer. This is because it makes it much easier to locate survivors by estimating which box they will be at, since you have a few more seconds of time if you guess late. Example: you think that Claudette will be at a certain jigsaw box in 13 seconds. You crouch/walk over there, giving yourself some extra time because of the time it takes to search the box. However, you were off by 3 seconds with you timing. If you don't have Crate of Gears, then Claudette would have already left and you will have to make a choice: spend time looking, or cut your losses and leave? However, with the addon, she is still stuck searching the box, so you are able to easily start the chase with her.
The default timer for a trap is 2 minutes and 38 seconds. Tamper Timer gives 2 minutes 8 seconds. Jigsaw's annotated plan takes 3 minutes and 6 seconds.
If a survivor finishes a generator during the animation of trapping someone, that will count and start the timer once they get up.
Skill check builds have not worked once for me on Pig.
Hex: Huntress's Lullaby and Hex: The Third Seal have no effect on JigSaw boxes.
The beeping of an activated trap can be heard approximately 5 meters away. NOT a good tool for finding a hiding survivor, so don't rely on it.
The ambush attack can be used at low ranks to juke short pallet loops - start the dash in one direction, and immediately 180 turn the other way. Hopefully the survivor will run into you. At high ranks, crouching at a pallet will cause them to run way because they know what you are trying. Use this to shoo them off of safe pallets.
Amanda's letter will either dominate a team or make everyone escape. I have never had an in between.
Survivor tip against pig - it is very hard to see survivors while crouched. When a Pig crouches, you can easily walk past them.Don't call a pig blind because they crouch walk right next to you like you are in the metro.

So that's about it! If you managed to get through all that, then congrats! You now know a whole lot more about pig. Again, feel free to make posts just as long as mine! I love learning new things about this game, especially fun tricks and trivia.

Comments

• I main the doctor and I am highly aggressive to the point if I let my emotional aggression conflict with my gameplay, I'll go on tilt and lose. So I try to keep a level head. I show no mercy, do not expect any.

Almost any build works on the doctor yet I prefer hex Ruin, thana, Dying Light( with a mori), and noed just in case I failed to kill the guy dying light picked. I will say the Iridescent King is the best add on and the second one is your pick. I personally prefer the interview tape. The extra length on the shock help, width isn't much of a deal for me. With other add-ons that change your shock, you get an increased time on when your shock is charge, interview tape, you become a sniper without the increase shock time draw back. with Iridescent King, you cause exhaustion and many other goodies, it's pretty much a bunch of you purple add one a red one.

Hmm, for tips, i can say you don't have to get someone into maddness 3 asap.Sometimes it's better to down them when you get that chance. if you waste too much time getting maddness tiers, you can easily lose. Also, try to predict your shock therapy before sending out, just don't spam it. try to lead the shock toward where the enemy is heading, you'll secure many hits and downs like this.

• RagingCalm

@MrChills Very interesting. Thanks for the info!

• @RagingCalm said:
    @MrChills Very interesting. Thanks for the info!

No, thank you! Your Pig info was very, very informative. my Post was lack luster yet I believe the shock therapy tip is the most important. I am actually going to use your pig post as a forefront for my own personal pig gameplay, thank you!

• RagingCalm

@MrChills I am quite pleased that you found the long post informative. I hope to see you in the fog with your new knowledge some day!

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742
    As nurse I play highly aggressive and often down multiple survivors if I can. It slows down the game and knockout is a favorite perk of mine.
  • ZiNc
    ZiNc Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 250

@sorrowen said:
    As nurse I play highly aggressive and often down multiple survivors if I can. It slows down the game and knockout is a favorite perk of mine.

Mah man. ;D

• RagingCalm

@sorrowen said:

What rank are you at? Just curious, because at rank 1 knockout never works for me. Too many swf on comms
    Is it a specific tactic you do with it?

• RagingCalm

Some extra bits of info for Pig that wasn't on my mind when I made the initial post -
    Amanda's secret and Rules set No. 2 are not good when used alone. You must make the whole build around them. Sadly I have yet to experiment with this in depth, so if you decide to and make some interesting finds please share them here.
    If you want to farm bp, Pig is not the best. Especially in Deviousness, she gets low bloodpoint gains. A way to increase deviousness is to behind a survivor once you are on their ass(only do this in the open) and ambush attack them. Combat Straps help and are actually a decent addon by themselves.
    Crouching up behind someone and then uncrouching rather than ambushing may be better if that person has sprint burst.
    I was incorrent with the terror radius - her default heartbeat range is 28 meters, not the normal 32.
    Default crouch speed is 92%. (survivor running is 100%, killers including pig is 115%)

• korrakas
    korrakas Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2018

I'm a low rank Pig. (20-10)
    Most of the time I want to have fun with joke/sidequest builds, but I usually run a Nurse's + Devour + NOED/Deerstalker + TOTH. As you said, one of the Pig's strength is surveillance (not the perk) as you get to know more about where the Survivors are, so I run Nurse's and TOTH to give me some more advantage. It's always fun to see them swarming around my hex totems trying desperately to cleanse them.
    It's also very hard to keep them not cleaned tho due to obvious reasons. Devour is in my "fun perk slot", as it is extremely risky to run but also very rewarding when I get it to function properly. The risk, the difficulty and impossibility to juggle this properly most of the time, it's all really fun for me.
    Of course I'd be really grateful for better totem placements and/or visuals tho.
    Sometimes I change to Nurse's + Deerstalker + MYC + NOED. It's also fun, but less risky.

I usually crouch, check my totem placements, predict which one is going to be the most sought for and start a patrolling route that allows me to get to my totems easily but do not put me immediately besides them. I want to give them room to find the totems, that way they will soon swarm the totem trying to cleanse it while I get some free hits and no gen is being done.
    If the totems aren't found (unlikely) I will simply rejoice as I get to obliterate the party slicing their throats with my own hands.

As for traps, I'll trap them as soon as possible, but usually no more than two Survivors at the same time and
    will almost never trap the same Survivor twice. I usually have my own rules, which are mostly to not abuse the player of my "Game": not to chase a trapped player, hit a trapped player I cross roads with only, immediately hook a trapped player that got in dying state because of the last rule. If they got off, they are Grateful To Be Alive™ and shall not be bothered by another trap.
    Of course, sometimes the rules are broken - it's not common, but rules lose their meaning if they are broken all the time.

Also ambushing is easily my favorite mechanic of the whole game. The jumpscare potential, that precious time, usually at the beginning of the match, when you get those survivors running into a wall like blind cockroaches because they never saw you coming. Yes. DBD is good.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    I main pig but don't make fun of all the perks I use but I use hangman's trick thanatophobia make your choice and brutal strength. When I play my piggy I usually have 2 different playstyles play stealthily and go in croutch and try to ambush as much as you can or play aggressively and try to not croutch if you know the survivors are good. I try to get a trap on someone's head before the first gen is done I hook them then look for someone else. I'll try not to tunnel since I know they won't be on gens and I look for the make your choice person down them and trap them. I try to slow the game down as much as possible even if it means using all my traps. Usually when I do this they have either 1 or 2 gens left but they're all on their last hook most often and someone still has a trap on their head. For addons I bring last will for that extra trap and really anything else. I see the survivors I'm facing and I bring an addon that could help me out such as rule set #2. Only ones I've never used are Amanda's letter and Amanda's secret but yeah that my playstyle. Hangman's trick because hooks regenerates after sacrifice make your choice for the sweet insta downs thanataphobia to slow down gens just a little bit even if the slowdown isn't too great and brutal strength to deal with those pallets
  • wildcats25
    wildcats25 Member Posts: 42

Trapper
    Perk build: Whispers, Ruin, Overcharge, Iron Grasp

Basement strat: set traps at basement choke points; in particular, the stairs.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited July 2018
    Doctor
    Perks: BBQ, Distressing, Unnerving, Overcharge 
    Add-ons: Iridescent King/Any Carter’s Notes add-on and High Stimulus Electrode 

Show no mercy. Use any method at my disposal (unless it’s cheating). 
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    Myers: Play With Your Food, NOED, Deerstalker, and Iron Grasp. Usually with dead rabbit and tacky earrings add-ons unless I want to mori then I’ll use the tuft of hair and tombstone. Basic and kinda nooby build but I don’t play killer that often
  • Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371

I'm a 3 gen Doctor babeh.

Distressing
    Unnerving Presence
    Ruin
    Overcharge

• LRGamer
    LRGamer Member Posts: 160
    Doctor, Clown and Hillbilly Main:
    Doctor:
    I have Distressing, Hex:Ruin, Barbecue and Chili, Overcharge
    I play in a Make you Mad and Punish you TYPE OF WAY
    I even got a 4 Iredescent Emblem Victory.
    I’m a obnoxious Killer for Survivors

Clown:
    I play him also pretty Aggressive
    I have Hex:Devour Hope, Barbecue and Chili, Monitor and Abuse, Enduring
    I throw my Bottles and did a pretty good Job so far with him

Hillbilly:

Barbecue and Chili, Enduring, Tinkerer, Forgot the fourth Perk
    I ALWAYS go for the Chainsaw hits and am a God in wielding my Chainsaw
    I Map Pressure and all that Stuff
  • OneAngryRooster
    OneAngryRooster Member Posts: 13

Freddy's my main. I've found that Remember Me, Thanataphobia, Nurses Calling and Ruin REALLY work well for me.

Especially if I have the** Class Photo.** Then I just track everybody down and hit them and cause mayhem while they try to heal or wake up. Nasty build.

If I'm feeling frisky, I'll substitute Thanataphobia out for Franklin's Demise. You little bitches thought those 4 flashlights were gonna scare me? HAHAHAHAHAHA.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    edited July 2018
    I main Doctor as killer and my perks I'm working on are Lightborn, Enduring, Barbeque and Chili, and Hangman's Trick. As for add-ons I will usually run an Order paired with an Electrode. This build doesn't guarantee success but it's damn fun to screw around with as madness tier three stops flashlights in their tracks. Combined with Lightborn I become unblindable so I am free to just beat the crap out of everyone. Essentially I just wander around whacking people until they die as it's mostly a points build. 
    In the event that I see four flashlights then I'll run Franklin's Demise, Lightborn, Overwhelming Presense, and Distressing.
  • IsMeTeaVee
    IsMeTeaVee Member Posts: 1
    I am personally a Pig main too! Although, my build is completely different from your glorious one that you've shared!
    My perks are: Fire Up, Play with your Food, Rancor & Tinkerer.
    My Add-ons are: Video Tape & Combat Straps.
    This build works all around speed and your obsession! Tinkerer works with my add-ons! Making my crouch related charging faster! Play with your Food helps with my crouch speed! Rancor then works with Play with your Food! Everytime you find your obsession enter a chase then leave! Making sure you save them for last! You'll slowly get faster then slower as you hurt the survivors! Once all the survivors are dead, kill the obsession but if the survivors complete the generators, kill the obsession straight away. You get a free mori and you permanently see them due to the exposed effect!
    It's a weird build, yes, but it works for me and I'm proud of it as I'm fairly new to combining perks and making a build!
  • Ashkiin
    Ashkiin Member Posts: 52

Interesting thread, good read on the pig op.

I main huntress and hag. With huntress I was playing w nurse's, bbq, bitter murmur and either whispers or sloppy for the 4th. For ruin I'd switch either bbq or bitter murmur out if you need it, keeping whispers instead of sloppy. Not much to explain for, find survivor, be efficient in finishing chase quick and hook. If I see several , even during a chase, I'll hit them w hatches without breaking og chase if possible. Use bbq and bitter to snipe and reposition.

All this before the patch ofc, now just pray and bring extra hatchets or create a build for m1 (Noed, blood warden, whispers and bitter murmur maybe? lol).

For hag I switch my build a lot, used o go ruin, devour and make your choice but now am running a build I saw some guy use and I love it: Nurse's, M&A, Sloppy and claurophobia. The real thing w hag is trap placement. Be different and think where survivors will go to escape. Be efficient. A well placed trap shuts down a whole section, be it a jungle gym or connection of several ones, a shack, etc. And please, 1 trap in front of the hook is enough.. Sometimes I won't even place it, going for the places they'll go to heal or escape instead. This comes w practice but is the cornerstone of the hag.

Understand positioning, gen progression and survivor logic and you'll be able to give nurses a run for their money. It's not uncommon to get praise from survivors after, saying they've never seen traps like that etc and we all know it's hard to have anything but a toxic rank 1 survivor after a 4k. A trap may seem random but given it's efficiency it can be deadly.

An example would be 4 meters from a bus window on wreckers that also covers an escape from a gen you're thinking of checking to a gym and from an almost genless area to the shack. With the shack and gym trapped as well all u have to do is check the gen w positioning in mind w M&A. Hit, herd, tele port, down and hook. Trap if needed, either hook or the trap that got him and go to nearest gen. You could have placed it under the window but then it only serves one route and the aftermath wouldn't be the same cause now you go away towards the opposite side, someone will trigger one of the area traps b4 they get to the hook, run to 1 of the loops, trigger another trap and fall. Another will go the rescue. If the rescuer rushes and you managed to hit the last guy on the gen it's already gg.

Specially w this build. Since everyone is close even if a save is made you'll see them and they won't heal at all. And with a hook and a down or 2 hooks they'll have to hurry or go stealth away to (Hopefully) another trapped area. It is all about strategy. Hag might be the 1 killer I feel controls the match.

The only place I'll have more traps invested in is the main building. Falls, windows, crossroads inside are all great places for traps. If you can control the map and get 4 gens somewhat close to each other it's pretty much a free 4k everytime.

Hope this was a good enough read. It's hard to explain. Happy hunting

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Nurse.

I enjoy wiping the floor with survivors.

• LightsOut88
    LightsOut88 Member Posts: 123
    Freddy main. I run remember me, blood warden, fire up, and nurses calling.

Generally I try to be as disruptive as possible with freddy. The more unpredictable you are with him the better. Try to kick as many gens as possible and pull as many ppl into the dream world as you can at the same time. Its easy to get out of dream state but also time consuming! Focus on keeping the players off the gens and take them down at opportune moments. You cant be impatient with freddy, and shouldnt committ to long chases. Pull em in the dream world and if you cant down em fast let em go and hunt down the next one. Its a wear and tear style of play that is very effective and frusterating for survivors. Which is fitting for Freddy since he likes to toy with his victims before the kill :) 

I am not afraid to slug a bit with freddy if the game is going fast or if the players are being too altruistic it suits me. Leave a guy down and stay close enough that when someone tries to heal them i see it with nurses calling and can now get a 2 for 1. This makes freddy's aura game OP. Its also a great perk for all those self care users who try and heal in your terror radius to snap out of dream world. Now you can see the bastards!

Remember me keeps the gates shut up to 30 seconds longer which is very helpful end game, especially if theres still 3 or 4 alive! And blood warden is a clutch Freddy perk! I get someone almost every game hiding in an exit after i secure Blood warden and it feels like a free kill! Not to mention seeing the fear in a survivior as they cant get out of the exit gate lmao! Fire up keeps me from being slowed down by pallets and windows and i can pick up and drop players faster which is super helpful late to end game! 

The keys to being a good Freddy are map control (3 gen rule), staying active with pulling survivors into the dream world, careful selection of who to chase and when, and strategic slugging. 

Also NOED is a great option for freddy if your really struggling to get kills. 

Dont fall asleep!

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Huntress main, I run BBQ, Ruin, Whispers, Blood Warden, and Amanita + Berus toxins. I play a very straight forward Huntress. Whispers is necessary on her to be able to zone out areas of the map and know where survivors are and are not. Saves so much time to just walk within 30m of my totem or a gen or the gate and not see it lit than to go all the way to it. BBQ is to find a new target, I try to pick someone on a gen close. Ruin to slow early game and get a lead. BW is the ace in the hole in case they get to the gates, and it has worked for me several times. However, her hatchets are broke RN so I'm not playing her again until they fix it. Sad because she is my favorite. I have a few other off meta builds for her but this is my bread and butter.

Freddy I have a few builds. I found NC, BBQ, Ruin, and STBFL with stacked blocks to just be the most effective in general. I also have an OP build with Dying Light, Ruin, Haunted Grounds (was BW before Spirit), and PWYF with Class Photo and Z Block (also a green or pink mori). At the start of the game you want to sleep survivors and move onto the next with CP until you find the obsession. If they are a good obsession use PWYF and maybe HG to catch them. Once you get the hook walk away and let them save, since your add-ons will make you look like a normal Freddy and the only one who would know it's DL is the obsession if they tried to heal. Once the save happens, just come back and mori the obsession. If they have anything more than 3 gens left when this guy dies you won the game. It's impossible to do gens, and it's impossible to hide from you. Just keep them slept as much as possible until they mess up then chase them. You have all the time in the world at this point.

• serabeth90
    serabeth90 Member Posts: 100
    edited September 2018

I'm a Hag main, and my general strategy is defensive: I usually set up my traps in a fairly localized area of the map containing several points of interest, including at least 3 generators and usually a large building that survivors enjoy using to loop me. If possible, I'll try to trap my totem but I have lost games by going way out of my way to trap it and having a generator be already done by the time I am ready to start setting up in an area.

After I set up, I generally try to cause mayhem within the focused area. This means if I down a survivor and another trap is set off, I will teleport before hooking that survivor. Same thing if I see nearby survivors. If I injure a survivor and they run off to some obstacle I have not trapped in order to loop me, I generally let them go, unless I need some momentum in the game or I know there's a generator at least partially complete over there.

I've been known to have all 4 people tagged (injured) before actually downing someone, and this is perfectly fine with me as I run perks (listed below) to greatly slow healing and repair speed while people are bleeding. I replace traps as necessary and almost never go on long chases. This style of play I think causes maximum fun for both me and the survivors and most of my games are very fast paced (after initial setup).

Usual perks: Ruin, Thanatophobia, Sloppy Butcher, x
    x = usually make your choice, but other options are nurses calling, remember me, monitor and abuse, or another hex perk such as devour hope....or you can turn your totems into another point to defend (since they will not rest until they get your Ruin) and use thrill of the hunt....you can also slug a lot with this style of play, so deer hunter can help....pop goes the weasel can work if you guard your ruin and really patrol generators hard.

Usual addons: shackles are great -- after that, increases teleport distance (fly addons) > reduces time it takes to set traps (necklace addons)

I haven't leveled Spirit up yet, but I may try hallowed ground with Ruin to see how that goes....teleporting around when everyone has exposed status might be amazing. Even if they get the ruin first, they may suspect one of Hag's other hex totems when they see the other two and not know it's hallowed ground.

Post edited by serabeth90 on
  • Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

I main Pig/Bubba, and I don't really have a play style. On Pig I use Make Your Choice and I try to go after the MYC person, but I will make do with the injured person if I can't find them. If the injured person is dead on hook, I leave them on the ground because I don't really like tunneling unless the survivor is using a Laurie Strode perk or is a Laurie.
    Other than MYC I use Nurse's, BBQ and Bloodhound. I would love Whispers though, but I don't get lucky. And I don't want to use bloodpoints to look for it in the webs, just to prestige her. :p

If the first chase took a while and no generators have been popped, I put a hat on them anyway. I don't run Ruin, so generally two/three generators pop right away unless the survivors are ######### around. I then just put a hat on another survivor when I down them. I am not an endgame Piggy. If the games reaches it end, I am ######### unless I get lucky with a MYC and trapped survivors at the end.

Bubba, I just chainsaw people, put them on the hook and leave to search for people with bbq and chili. I don't camp, I don't tunnel. I 4k a lot with Bubba.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Main: Pig

Style: Sadism.

I run as many perks and add ons that will make the game as painful and unpleasant for the survivor as possible and give them as many objectives/tasks to complete as possible, slowing the progress of the game down so that at least 1 of each survivor has played "the game".
    When I'm feeling sadistic, I run 6 jigsaw boxes, carry Bitter Murmur, Sloppy butcher, Thanatophobia, and NoED. Somtimes swapping thano for nurses, or if I see that they have items, I carry franklins just to make the game....that...much...harder. (No potions #########) Basically insuring that any mistake survivors make, stays a mistake that they will feel for the rest of the match. Unlike the devs, who want to coddle them and give them second chances.
    Bitter Murmer insures I can punish anyone trying to be immersive and complete gens (aka screw you guys I'm hiding cowards), sloppy butcher forces the survivors to work as a team or walk around injured, franklins removes any items they hold onto, and noED insures as soon as the gates are opened (if they ever even open) that all bets are off, no more stealthing around, I'm serious and I'm going to torture and kill all of you. If you manage to survive 6 jigsaw boxes, and remove all 5 totems, and complete all 5 gens, for a grand total of 16 objectives I will let you live (I've only seen 1 premade group pull it off). Remove as much hope as possible so that the people who value life try to live save your friends, or save yourself by removing this mask you have 3 minutes to decide, aka "make your choice".

I also run a horror type build that focuses on stealth, and is less traumatizing where I combo some of the above with noED and blood warden plus 1 extra jigsaw box and 1 extra reverse beartrap along with monitor and abuse to go into stealth faster, to insure that if they do make it that far and leave someone behind, they get to get downed at the exit gates and dragged back inside and trapped so they can play "the game" again, and again, and again. I don't run ruin or any gen regression perks on my pig, only thing I'll do is kick and it isn't that often.

I generally never 4k and always leave 1 person alive unless they want to die, because I believe 1 person should survive (just by an inch of their life) so that I can congratulate them after the game, so they can be baptized, it usually goes to the survivor who's been the MVP of their team, saving others, risking their life to save others so the person just unhooked can get away the makeshift heroes, the ones that aren't skilled and know they will die if they risk it but do it anyway. (Bill will never be forgotten).

Favorite perk: NoED- You only live once, so why grant you the forgiveness to be stabbed twice?

Craziest kill session: Had a guy so shook and horrified when I tried to drag him to the hatch he ran away multiple times (he explained it after the match)

My one wish, is to make it so when a survivor fails a skillcheck or picks the wrong jigsaw box the box puts them in injured status, not downed, just injured. I mean you're picking through a box likely full of razor blades and needles, why are you not injured?

• Gun_Doc
    Gun_Doc Member Posts: 43

I’ve only been playing since PS+ so I haven’t had the privilege of using all the killers with a good loadout of perks yet. For the past week I have started using Piggy and I really like her a lot. She fits my style of play the most out of all the killers that I’ve tried and IMO has the most flexibility of changing the style of play in any match. Most importantly to me, win or lose I still have tons of fun playing her.

I don’t camp a hook unless it’s the end game situation and I need a sacrifice or if there is only one survivor left. I do my best to not tunnel, but if I’m returning to the hook and you’re the closest one….sorry for your luck. Once I place a RBT on you I still won’t tunnel you, but if I run across you while chasing someone else and your closer….again, sorry for your luck. If I’m chasing someone and they run right by a jigsaw box while you’re trying to remove your RBT and you are fully healed, you will get hit and then I’ll continue my original chase. My main goal in every game other than to have fun is to place a RBT on every survivor and hook everyone at least once so I can get the BBQ Bonus.

As for the perks that I run; I always run BBQ & Nurse then depending on my mood I’ll run any two of the following; Monitor and Abuse, Bitter Murmur, No One Escapes Death, Make Your Choice. Lately I’ve been pretty solid with BBQ, Nurse, Bitter Murmur & Monitor. Once I finally get NOED to level three I think it will become a standard used perk like BBQ and Nurse.

@PigMainBigBrain said:

My one wish, is to make it so when a survivor fails a skillcheck or picks the wrong jigsaw box the box puts them in injured status, not downed, just injured. I mean you're picking through a box likely full of razor blades and needles, why are you not injured?

+1 I've also thought the same thing.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

I play on PS4 so things work a little differently for me, but I've started maining The Spirit.

Again, this probably works for me better since I'm on PS4, but I find her Haunting ability works better for ambushing gens than during a chase. I try to use add ons that increase my duration of the Haunting, and let me tell you it's some of the funnest I've had ending the Haunt in front of a gen and watching Survivors scatter like chickens the moment I pop into existence. I mained the Pig before this, primarily for her ability to sneak up on Survivors, and I feel the Spirit does that better for me since I don't have to crouch before hand.

Perks wise I run Haunted Ground and currently Huntress Lullaby (Don't have Ruin yet) Haunted Ground is a little useless on it's own since it relies on Survivors just going for the cleanse before checking what they are dealing with. Paired with Huntress Lullaby (or Ruin), I find it more useful since I have 2/3rds of a chance to get Exposed on Survivors really early. I also run Deerstalker since I sometimes have to leave a Survivor lying around to either chase after another one or if there are only two left and enough gens to open the hatch. Say what you will, that's when I slug to either buy some time or set up some bait. My final perk is Monitor and Abuse so I can lengthen my chases in the hopes it messes a Survivor up, but primarily to reduce my Terror Radius so I can get just a bit closer to gens before entering my Haunt.

Playstyle is quick. I try to leave Survivors as little breathing room as possible, popping near gens to attack and chasing them down relentlessly. The way I see it, keeping them off gens is my main priority, so if I can down and hook I take the opportunity to give them one more objective to have to focus on. When I'm not in a chase, I try to use Haunting to head to where I think Survivors are working on gens or to look for scratch marks. Generally as the game goes on Survivors run less to deny me my trail, but early game when they don't know I follow those red scratches off to Survivor City.

The main drawback of my entire build and playstyle is I rely to much on the element of surprise the entire game, due to the slower movement speed and lunge range. Sure I can still win chases, but the longer I chase Dwight around, the more time Meg, David, and Claudette have to repair gens. If the Survivors also keep cool heads and play smart, I really have to try to get even a single kill. It's kind of like playing the Nurse I feel, where you can't make mistakes or else you set yourself up for failure.

I will say this though is that I LOVE the Spirit. I think another strength she has is that, at least from my experience, she's like the Clown. Few people are playing her at the moment, so it throws people off when they see her and they have to adapt to her style. I play against so many Doctors, Myers, Trappers and Hags that, while I still have to work for the escape, I play comfortably because I know what to do against them. Stay out of the terror radius, stay out of sight, watch the ground. Against the Clown I KNOW to keep an eye out for the pink gas, but sometimes instinct takes over and I run for that window. And than I get gassed.

Same with me. Everyone's looking for the Killer, so they may not notice the grass moving just a little bit funny before I pop in. Though I will also admit, I've only played one game against a Spirit, and they used their haunt more for playing mind games in a chase than ambushing a gen. All I had to do was play stealthy and the Spirit never saw me.

• RagingCalm

@Ashkiin @PigMainBigBrain

Wow, both of your posts were great! I've honestly seen so many Hag guides that they get old but Ash, your guide was very fresh mainly because you explained why to put a trap 8 meters away from that window, not just told us to do it. I also realized reading it that Hag and Pig have one major required skill in common - predicting survivors' actions from the beginning of the match to the end.

As for BigBrain, I will DEFINITELY be using your PTSD build. Seeing the comments on this post, I did not expect to be surprised by the Pig mains since I know she has some of the most diverse builds, but I did not expect this.

Obviously, after making the OP, I have changed my build(s), main(I don't have one anymore), and other things about how I play. If I remember, then I intend to make another comment detailing something about another Killer(maybe wraith), but I might forget, and it's too late to do that tonight. So tomorrow could one of you shoot me a message on my profile to remind me about this, if I don't do it?

• Ashkiin
    Ashkiin Member Posts: 52
    @RagingCalm Appreciate it, did my best to explain the logic. Hag definitely depends on predictability and being one step ahead. Good traps with no logic between them doesn't really work well in my experience. Do you have much experience on Doc? I'd love to see a post on him in here. 

@Serabeth90 I get the logic you're going for w tharanphobia but it doesn't really do much. At 2 it does less than failing a skill check. If you don't need ruin you should try my current build, it fits your style. Nurse's, sloppy, claurophobia and M&A. If you're really used to ruin I guess take out claurophobia for it. Tell me how it works for you 
  • serabeth90
    serabeth90 Member Posts: 100

@Ashkiin said:
    @Serabeth90 I get the logic you're going for w tharanphobia but it doesn't really do much. At 2 it does less than failing a skill check. If you don't need ruin you should try my current build, it fits your style. Nurse's, sloppy, claurophobia and M&A. If you're really used to ruin I guess take out claurophobia for it. Tell me how it works for you 

Thanks! I will have to try that build once I get Coulrophobia...I have the clown, but no points into him yet. I also liked your post about being more simple with trap placement. A little of it I had figured out on my own after a few games of frustration where I would put a single trap right under a window or right next to 1 side of a pallet and of course as soon as the survivor set it off, they jumped to the other side :X....better to place a few meters away from the path you know they will run when you're behind them and basically pushing them towards the trap.

I get frustrated sometimes because I feel like I am very clumsy and bad. But as I played more I came to realize that even someone like me that has slower reflexes and poor aim can win on the Hag if I think ahead of time and trick them into taking the paths that I want them to take. I've really enjoyed her and if I hadn't started playing her I think I would've given up on killer altogether. I can't do stuff like skillshots (Hillbilly -- I run into walls) or blinking to a survivor (Nurse -- I can't even).

• SteveyHooves
    SteveyHooves Member Posts: 246

Hello I'm SteveyHooves I play On PS4. I'm a Killer Main. I Like pastel colored Ponies (Not in the creepy way) and RPG's and I Hate DS and People

Wraith Perks Bloodhound, Noed, Ruin, and Bitter Murmur. Add-ons Swift Hunt (reappear faster) and Whirlwind (Speed movement speed up while cloaked)

Play style:If i see you... you're going to die (Probably) i don't care if you've just come off the hook and are hobbling away by yourself.... you DIE NOW!

In other words i tunnel (Sometimes) and i don't care because my job is to kill not show mercy... Its in the name "KILL"er that's what i do and i love doing it.... I just attack the closest Survivor and if its the one on that was on the hook Well to bad for them. I don't care if people want to call me a tunneling piece of trash. i don't set myself up so i'm closer to the injured survivors its funny because most of the time they run to me or are running alone. well like i said i'm not going to leave them alone because they were just on the hook they're literally the only survivor i saw. time to die.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited September 2018
    Hag:
    - Ruin, MYC, Deerstalker, noed
    - Start by trapping the main loops (around 5-6 traps) then patrol.
    When the first gen has been done i focus on patrolling the ones from the other side of the map and setting traps. Basically i let them do the gens around the first gen done so it will be easier to catch them when the last gens are close to each other.
    - Traps: i set them on hidden or unexpected places and in one side of the pallet. When they loop me around them the trap triggers, they turn back and drop the pallet thinking i'll teleport and then i down them.
    - MYC is a fantastic perk for the hag which removes the need of tunneling.
    - Deerstalker basically to slug the last 2 survivors and increase the chances of getting 4K.
    - Noed just in case they do all the 5 gens, but honestly i needed it only once since forcing them to do specific gens works pretty well.
    Post edited by Vietfox on
  • ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Meyers main, I prefer playing stealthy. M&A +Whispers for early game sneak grabs, Nurses Calling and Ruin though I swap them out frequently. I try to save my EW useage til mid-late game. Maybe not the most effective strategy but it's one I have a lot of fun with
  • popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    My main: Nurse
    Style: blink to and hit everything that moves (yes, I DID hit the moving horse on the Father's Campbell Map, I thought it is a survivor).