The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New UI is bad

OnryosTapeRentals
OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 957
edited August 8 in Feedback and Suggestions

The new UI is such a collosal downgrade from what it was. Not being able to cycle through characters with "Next" and "Previous" anymore is a massive nuisance. So is the merging of the customisation tab with characters. I'm a good way through the Rift now and thought I'd go through and update some of my characters' outfits, and everything feels like it takes so many more clicks than it did previously.

I didn't want to make a thread about it too soon on the off chance I might warm up to it, but it's been ~3 weeks now and it's safe to say I'm not going to warm to it. It's impractical and unintuitive. Please just reskin it to resemble the old UI.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• puncher
    puncher Member Posts: 118

Who cares? This game is a joke anyway. Can't take it seriously. The developer keeps making stupider and stupider decisions. 2v8 is fun though.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,090

Not a massive fan of the change to where cosmetics are as it's in a weird spot preferred the old cosmetic button but the store overhaul was decent. Can at least see all the new/recent stuff.

• pigslittlepet
    pigslittlepet Member Posts: 483

It seams the ui changes are universally hated. So that means they are here to stay. Come on. They're not going to admit they were wrong about something once it hit the live servers. If it does get reverted it will be very slowly one change at a time over a year or so in the hopes nobody notices they screwed up.

• cruelb
    cruelb Member Posts: 103

This has been said SO many times now. Hopefully they pay some attention.

• Jim_Tonic
    Jim_Tonic Member Posts: 513

I dont even know why the heck they felt to even change it.. Like it was fine. Noone said anything how it was previously..

• Jim_Tonic
    Jim_Tonic Member Posts: 513

I mean people notice. Thats why they say negative feedback about it. Not reverting it at this point is just ego. Sorry cant say it else.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,465

I still hate to press extra button just to choose who I want to play with, survivors or killers. But if all univocal feedback about menu was ignored, I have no doubt this will be as well.
    Designer's role in society is to make people's lives more pleasant, simpler, to make the things we use intuitive and comfortable. BHVR seems like are hiring anti-designers. Every new UI become more complex, unplesant, less inuitive and comfortable.