The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Would basekit dads boots be a good change?

supersonic853
supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,495
edited August 12 in Feedback and Suggestions

With Billy being on the roadmap i know people as speculating a nerf and it makes sense. But i feel this is one of the addons that makes Billy so much better to play because it doesn't make him so straight and gives him a bit more control with how crazy the maps are now. Having 30% more turn rate and playing normal Billy just feels so different. I doubt they would go all the way to making Spiked boots base kit but i think dad's would be a good one if they never plan to adjust how much clutter is in a map (Hell midwich looks like its gonna become a fairly bad map for him after the PTB)

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,077

i doubt it. dad boots is good because you can charge his overdrive. when in overcharge, you can miss his chainsaw and m1 survivors out of position due to missed cooldown. While overdrive is active, you use curving. when overdrive ends, you abuse dad boots to get overdrive again and you do same thing.

Billy is like hit & run killer with strong chase. When he gets downs, dad boots helps him proxy camp and return to hooks. It is currently in my opinion his best add-on.

The other 2 add-on that people debate on being strongest which are iri engravings and Lopros chains.

• Moodyy
    Moodyy Member Posts: 124

i would nerf him by:

Reverting his curve timing

Remove Lopro/Rework it to something else

Increase the chainsaw cooldown back to 3 seconds

Overdrive turns off after chainsaw hit.

• supersonic853
    edited August 12

Technically spiked boots would be obviously better than Dad's boots since it gives more turn rate. I'm talking mostly about the brown one. But yeah on a lot of maps billy being stuck in a mostly straight line with how low his turn rate is at default makes it very hard to use it for mobility with how much fluff is scattered around maps now. So I thought if the turn rate can let billy get a bit farther and avoid some of that clutter it'd be nice. It's just personally makes him feel a lot better for me. And this is talking in the case of they do nerf how often overdrive happens.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,734

To be honest if the Billy change was just removing Overdrive I still think he'd be totally fine lol. He didn't even need it, he didn't need overheat either, he just needed his animations and collisions fixed.

• supersonic853

I think the problem with that is that billys basekit had aged by the time they had the chance to finally remove overheat. If billy didn't have overdrive and also didn't have the basekit buffs they gave him (like less cooldown and half engravings base along with curve buff) he'd be very weak even though he has a instadown on command. It also makes it very hard to make addons for him as his design is fairly one-note.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,265
    edited August 12

Can we please not replay blights entire patch history until recently where they're giving already extremely strong killers compensation for nerfs they deserve

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,734

Oh, I didn't say anything about not giving his basekit the buffs. I just don't think overdrive is entirely necessary and if all they're doing in the next update is removing it I genuinely don't think he'll be that much worse, and might even be in a better state because it'll stop encouraging overuse of the chainsaw to get overdrive

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 360

i agree give him increased turning while in sprint, its really rough especially in overdrive. still liked old billy better before these 2 reworks :(. minus instasaw ofc.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,427

Nah, he doesn't need any buffs. But if he's getting nerfed, the only thing I'd change is make it so overdrive only last for your next chainsaw sprint, then goes away and you have to charge it back up again.

He's arguably a top 3 killer, and he's very strong in loops even without overdrive. So making overdrive more limited while keeping the rest of his power intact seems cool to me. Adding a "1 overdrive rush per overdrive" limitation would also open up to make some of those "overdrive buildup" addons different and actually useful.