We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Do any survivors actually like new map design?

WolfyWood
WolfyWood Member Posts: 460

Genuinely can't imagine how a solo-queue team would win on new Haddonfield.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,973

the map reworks are definitely bad but when it comes to original maps I’ve enjoyed Greenville personally

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,204

There's an overly optimistic side of me that knows there's something very cool in the works to make it all work. Eventually.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 663

No.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,130

I dont think they even are about aesthetic when it comes to map reworks. Because even when it comes to their looks, the maps are a direct downgrade.

E.g. Haddonfield is not only really bad gameplay-wise nowadays, but it also looks subpar to the version after the Realm Beyond-Update.

And all the reworked maps where they just move stuff around also look bad. Which is quite clear, since they obviously do not put as much time, effort and thought into them compared to the time they created them.

E.g. all second versions of the MacMillan-Maps are gameplay-wise worse and also worse when it comes to aesthetics. And this is the one realm which would not even have needed new versions of the maps.

And if I look at Maps where they added new variations, e.g. Ormond or Yamaoka, you clearly see how they are worse in all aspects. And IMO it comes around as lazy if they just move around some tiles. I think Realms like Ormond and Yamaoka would have had plenty of room for actual new maps with new landmarks, yet they go the easy way and just move some tiles around, which lowers the overall quality of the maps.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 1,027

If they really prioritized aesthetic, we would get the OG Haddonfield.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 1,027

I still see no reason for extra MacMillan, Yamaoka, Ormond and Badham variants to even exist.

Agree with this.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,374

Been saying the map reworks are crap for years now

• totallynotamegmain
    totallynotamegmain Member Posts: 658

the map reworks suck for me on both sides, terrible as loops for survivor and just adding random clutter for me to get stuck on either normally and/or while using killer powers. I get they like filling maps out more and shaking them up but do we really need random stacks of boxes in corners?

But then again I’m also really bad at the game so ¯\_()_/¯

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,925

Most of them have been a miss for me. Especially Haddonfield. Holy cow did they gut that map into nothingness.

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 1,033

The new map design ruins the fun for me as killer and survivor. The maps look so bad, because you can see either all ends from one end, the vegetation gets constantly removed which made it look better, they place weird clutter everywhere.

There are not enough loops, they are too weak and mostly not playable. Bushes and most gras in which you could hide are removed. They add too many shortcuts for killers

As killer it gets boring to stomp most of your opponents without even trying and survivor feels just unfair and miserable.