The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

PSA regarding Potential Energy

Yggleif
Yggleif Member Posts: 169

So I'm in the minority but I actually think Potential Energy is a great perk HOWEVER it's only if you use it correctly. So if you use this perk please stop using it on every gen that's incredibly inefficient and you're basically helping the killer at that point, this is where the perk gets it's bad rep.

Do however use it when there's two gens left before you finish your gen if you're not being pressured. The ability to do a gen then run to your teammate working on the last gen and give it a massive boost of progress and pop it when the killer is trying to contest it is absolutely GOATed and can save many otherwise close or lost games. Think of the perk like hope where it's only for one specific part of the game and you'll be using it much more effectively.

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,847

I hear what you are saying but I still wouldn't recommend running this perk. There is no guarantee that you will be alive when there are two gens left or that once you charge up Potential Energy that you won't get hit before you can use it. Even in the ideal situation there is a valid argument to be made that it would have just been more efficient to finish your gen and run over and assist with the last gen. But yes, if the killer's game plan was to hold a 3 gen then this strategy might make a difference. It just seems like it is far more likely to get little to no practical value.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

I prefer Fast Track. Gains tokens that you can't lose simply by being hit and no need to slow gen progress down to get them, you're simply using the killer's inevitable game progress for the team's benefit. You're also more likely to have a nice hoard of them if you make it to late game (and if you don't, you can still use them up before you go).

• Yggleif
    Yggleif Member Posts: 169

So while I understand what you're saying and yes you are correct there's no guarantee to get value from the perk the same could be said of Adrenaline a perk that even in it's nerfed state is one of the most commonly run perks.

As far as the situation where it's useful not coming up yes 3 genning is less common than it used to be but a situation that is common is when there's one gen left and one gen has all the progress while the other two are at nothing, Potential Energy let's you push that contested gen over the edge instead of having to start on one of the gens with no progress letting you power the doors much faster. I'm not trying to claim Potential Energy is a meta perk or anything but compared to most survivor perks that barely have any impact Potential Energy can change a game completely when used right.