The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should DBD take away the ability for other players to see your prestige level?

Chriseh8
Chriseh8 Member Posts: 2

Should DBD take away the ability for other players to see your prestige level? 20 votes

Yes
50%
oxygenMarc_go_solosizzlingmario4VantablackPharaoh91EEPcaiptYulechkaLivepomoika508Rumplestiltskinturksmall236 10 votes
No
50%
Mattie_MayhemOGViktor1853ChikyWowie09SHARKBOSSOrthaneVibranToucanTyler3GladSkullBlio 10 votes

Comments

• GladSkull
    GladSkull Member Posts: 12
    No

I think it's pretty neat because DBD lets you earn so much to show you've been in The Fog for some time. Prestige is just another way to do that! I kind of look at it like the survivors time in The Fog. If I were in game and looked in the eyes of a P4 he might look a bit more fresh faced and afraid, as to a P100 I would think they'd look experienced and maybe like a 1,000 yard stare.

But 9/10 a P100 is a Dwight in a straw hat playing a lute!

All in all though I think prestige is just another cool thing to put on your sleeve of experience!

• Rumplestiltskin
    Rumplestiltskin Member Posts: 138
    edited August 16
    Yes

I don't think any information (including names) aside from seeing the Survivors standing there holding stuff, should be visible until after the match. It would make it much harder for cheaters to coordinate getting in the same match with the Killer to work with them for one thing. :)

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,270
    No

lemme see ur stufffsssssssssss👀

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580
    Yes

Yes, at least in lobby. I am very sick of others dodging a decent player like myself because I played P1 Meg for a Daily today.

You can show them endgame but not in the lobby. Period.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307
    Yes

Remove every single piece of information besides stuff with actual loadout considerations attached to it (items selected by survivors) and visual stuff (survivor chosen + outfit). Prestige is a good removal, next nuke profile access and perhaps even names.

Devs have said on this very forum dodging hurts matchmaking quality, and they've said when they did the prestige hiding AB test the group that had prestige hidden dodged less. They have the stats to make it the 100% correct choice to eliminate as many reasons for dodging as possible.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,120
    Yes

If by this you mean the lobby screen only, then absolutely. It does absolutely nothing other than allow players to be choosey with their team, which is sonetimes hilarious as quite a few P100 players I've matched with are terrible. It doesn't mean much to me, and only serves as an excuse.

Besides, the Prestige is going to be shown at the end on the results screen, so those vain enough to actually care what others think can display their Prestige then. It's a good thing Prestige will no longer be shown in the lobby. People might end up not being so elitist and actually play the game for a change.

• Tyler3
    Tyler3 Member Posts: 194
    edited August 23
    No

Absolutely NOT! Building up your character's prestige level takes a lot of time and deserves to be showed off. If people feel like they need to dodge a lobby because of it then that's their own problem. There's plenty of bad P100s and good P1s. Also, let's be honest, 95% of players will not bother to check other people's prestige levels after a match. This all effectively renders the ability to show off your time and dedication to the game obsolete.

Post edited by Tyler3 on