The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Workshop on dbd?

What do you thing about a workshop for dbd, i mean we can create our own skins for the game, It would be amazing or maybe a map, this need to happen a.s.a.p

Comments

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

i dont think they wont make it but who knows probably the devs gave us a surprise

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

I think it shouldnt be like most games where you simply download stuff and suddenly every survivor has neon clothes.
    If anything, DBD's workshop needs to go the Dota2 or TF2 route where the devs look into the workshop and make stuff official, after tweaking it to fit the game of course. This obviously applies more to Skins and complete playermade maps or characters, instead for say single buildings or simple Object designs ( barrels, crates, new trees).

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited January 2019
    The only thing they could do is allow them to make skins in a workshop but I don't see that ever happening as it's a revenue stream for them.

Maps can be made in favour of one side so that's a terrible idea, imagine a survivor making a map which doesn't allow the nurse to blink through objects as they dislike her, having the devs test each one would also be too much work and take away from fixing the games actual issues.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Lordkazu said:
    What do you thing about a workshop for dbd, i mean we can create our own skins for the game, It would be amazing or maybe a map, this need to happen a.s.a.p

No thanks, claudette is hard enough to spot already

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

As cool as this is it probably can't work since the Devs make bug fixes and changes to all of their maps, like totem fixes, hook fixes, Gens etc and might not be able to fix problems or add new features on your own custom map.

I think the only way to do it would be to create a custom mode where you can create map modifiers to create a custom map that you can save and use the custom mode for a lobby. It would be a normal lobby but it would go through custom mode then to the normal lobby after picking modifiers.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Claudettes new skins coming to a custom shop near you