The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

(LONG POST) As a killer main, I agree with survivors mains on the current state of the game.

2»

Comments

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,209

Nerfed Gen perks - Gen perks got nerfed because too many Killers were 4 stacking them (PR+Pop+Deadlock+GE). That's why I recommend balancing gen perks around being 50% boosted if you bring only 1, so that they can still be powerful, but only in moderation. Too many Killers who stack gen slowdown win from Attrition and Attrition alone, and soon find themselves inflating their MMR above their skill level. By crutching on slowdown so much, they lose the ability to win normally, and start to think it is impossible to win without it. It's like a Survivor who starts to bring 4 Meta perks, then starts to only play with a Syringe or BNP, and finds the game impossible to win without them.

A lot of maps are RNG - I mean yeah Ghosty on Autohaven or Huntress on The Game aren't the best of times, but its better to have good and bad maps for every Killer, so that they can have that better time when the maps are swapped (as Huntress on Autohaven is fun, and Ghosty on The Game [if you play Ghosty right] is fun). As far as maps in general, so many maps are getting butchered, like the new Ormond seems to be a 10-20% escape rate (ignoring Hatch) from my matches on both sides. Even the Farm maps got 5 tent pallets and nothing of value beyond that. So I guess there is RNG, and it just determines for Killer if it is a free-win or fairly easy.

Survivors got basekit BT and Killers got? - 10s per gen (80s→90s), 10% Brutal (2s →1.8s & 2.6s→2.34s), 10% STBFL (3s→2.7s), 10% Survivor hit speedboost reduction (2s→1.8s), the deletion of DS, and probably more I can't think of off the top of my head. Oooh, also Endurance being butchered, to prevent BT from stacking with OTR and/or DH. So I'd say if you are playing the correct way for the health of the game (chasing the rescuer) this gives Killer exclusively buffs at no cost.

Kicking gens isn't really worth it - Exactly! Chase Survivors! Lethality is far more powerful for slowdown than kicking gens over and over again. The sooner I get someone on hook, the sooner I force someone to rescue, the sooner I can chase the would-be rescuer, the sooner I can get them on hook, the sooner the Survivors lose. If I tunnel against Survs with brains not in another pair of pants, they have 3 Survs on gens the entire match, and if I spread hooks, I have 1 Surv on gens the entire match (Chase/Hook or Healed/Rescue or Healing/Genning).

The only logical option is to slug and tunnel - I mean tunnel, on paper, yes. Injured Surv or Healthy Surv, person with hooks or person without hooks, it logically makes sense to tunnel, and that is a massive design flaw. The problem is this sets people up for failure. If I tunnel the weak link every match, I can only win by tunneling weak links, and don't learn how to win against Survivors with more skill than me. By forcing myself to 8 hook before killing, I make sure my MMR only increases when I 100% win a match against all Survivors, thus I am prepared for the softcap of MMR, where weak links no longer exist. Slug, kinda mostly not logical. The sooner I get someone on hook, the sooner they die, or the sooner I force someone to rescue them, which provides natural slowdown. Slug an obvious DS play, or push off a would be pallet/flashbang rescuer, yeah these are the only times it makes sense logically.

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 449

My only issue with solo q survivor is the team mates i can get
    when team mates aren't utterly useless the games are fine an fun.

• legiondoctor
    legiondoctor Member Posts: 146

Well bhvr is slowly encouraging to tunnel/ camp cause some that counters something gets nerfed or gen regression gets badly nerfed theres nothing killer can do other then damn i tried but survivors have (insert perk here) i cant do anything about it other then tunnel them