The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Suggest your best (consistent) chase builds

AetherBytes
AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

By considtent I basically mean builds without exhaustion (barring adrenaline). Consistent value, no single burst of speeds that are reliant on exhaustion. What do you have?

Comments

• wilnunez
    wilnunez Member Posts: 7

I typically enjoy running this build when I don't feel like running Exhuastion perks but still want to loop the killer:

- Windows of Opportunity (for the obvious pallet/window aura reading)
    - Finesse (to greed unsafe windows)
    - Resilience (for extra vault speed while injured)
    - Troubleshooter (to help around tall loops where the killer is not visible)

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,451
    edited August 22

Dramaturgy, Finesse, Dead Hard, Resilience

Drama is one of the most slept on perks in the game, its basically old DH if used correctly and Finesse allows you to be even greedier with windows (its also one of the most fun perks, you can go for more risky plays to try to roll that extra 2 seconds of haste if you have no other option)

DH and Resilience is to still give you strong chase tools in dire situations where you cant get a heal. Many dont expect DH either since you have Drama, and Resilience is just great for greeding windows just a tad bit more, and makes certain mindgameable pallets reaction based.

EDIT: Oops, forgot about the no exhaustion part lol

For more "consistent" id probably do Windows, Resilience, Champion of Light, Iron Will.

Champion of Light is more to get you out of deadzones and can give you that extra bit of distance you otherwise wouldnt get, have Windows to help you navigate where to go as well is a plus, and Iron Will adds consistency so they cant hear your grunts of pain while going for said play. Then you have Resilience, which is always gonna be good for its vault speed

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

I've seen Champion of Light and Fixated to be a pretty solid pair. Maybe it doesn't count because it's arguably a burst of (lower, on the killer side) speed, but being able to make distance while blinding, and then that blind allowing you to make more distance, is really good.

I'd probably pair it with something like Finesse or Resilience for vault speed, myself. Maybe a stealth perk like Quick & Quiet or Dance With Me, maybe Light-Footed.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 795

Scene Partner+Troubleshooter is my goto combo. The downside is that it has the "distortion effect" where I struggle to take aggro because killers don't want to deal with these perks.

I usually pair it with Resilience and Object

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,179

I've been running both Iron Will and Finesse a bunch. Very fun (and in the case of Iron Will, busted) perks.

When Dracula drops, I have a build I wanna try, which is Eyes of Belmont/Alert/Object of Obsession/Troubleshooter. From what I played of the PTB, it was very effective at revealing the killer a crazy amount. YMMV.

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 645

I like running windows, overcome, lucky break & plot twist.

I know overcome is exhaustion but due to it not having any conditions other than taking a hit you never really have to worry about timing or activating it. I always carry a med kit so get 2 full self heals. I pretty much always use plot twist on the first hit to stop the lucky break timer. After that I'll generally get second chase value from lucky break before healing myself. Usually by that point I'll get lucky break stacks back from healing other survivors. If you make it to end game you get another free heal from plot twist.

I generally get pretty consistent value from that build and can easily lose the killer multiple times during a match, especially on maps with lots of LOS blockers.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,194

Well with a good SWF, you can run virtually anything, even nothing at all. We just have to figure out his loadout. In solo queue, I usually like to bring the escape key and leave match button perks. Very OP and practically an exploit.

• Aceislife
    Aceislife Member Posts: 247

Resilience, Fixated, Iron Will, Bond.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,408

I've been running Iron Will - Distortion - Hardened - DH (Use whatever)

Total stealth so I can snipe gens and just maneuver around without worrying about the aura perks galore or regression. Im usually in the area of that gen they just popped, and get right back on it.

Iron will and DH work while IN chase, while Hardened works at a lot of loops if there's screaming in play.

I've had a lot of good fortune with it :)

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

Best chase build by far is Nvidia Freestyle brightness filters /j