The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Slugging for 4Ks makes the game worse for everyone and should see changes to prevent it

Destaice
Destaice Member Posts: 23
edited August 30 in Feedback and Suggestions

How often does this situation happen? There's two survivor's left with no hope of escape except the hatch. The killer finds and downs one and leaves them on the ground to go find the other. Now begins a 4 minute timer where the game state does not progress in any meaningful way. 1 survivor who cannot do anything, 1 survivor who will not do anything, and 1 killer who hopes to do anything.

This happens so often and yet the question remains, is anyone in this scenario having a good time? Is anyone happy about this outcome? The most boring 4 minutes of gameplay possible for 3 players?
Some might counter this by arguing "well it's only 4 minutes" but I'd argue the game shouldn't have any boring gameplay and it stops being just 4 minutes when it happens so often.

There are in my head two possible ways of addressing this. A survivor sided change, and a killer sided change.
The survivor sided change
The survivor sided change would give survivors the ability to get themselves back when two conditions are met. 1 there is only one survivor left standing, and 2 the killer is X yards away from you.
The killer sided change would allow those who are left on the ground the ability to accelerate the rate at which they die while in this state. It could be limited to the same conditions as the survivor side.
Either change would incentivize the killer to immediately hook the downed survivor rather than leave them bleeding down and immediately initiate the endgame standoff rather than delay it.
And sure there are probably better solutions than those I came up with, feel free to share if you think you have one.

Comments

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 251

just throwing out an idea and not sure how balanced it’d be but maybe if there’s two survivors left, one is in the dying state and a certain distance from killer and the killer is in a chase with the other it triggers the end game collapse?

• Azulra
    Azulra Member Posts: 478

A simpler and more reasonable change would just be that if a survivor goes down by the killer when there are 2 survivors left then a pretty short timer(10-15 seconds) starts counting down to pick the survivor up or else the hatch will open and picking up the survivor will reset that timer + pause it, but this would mean that the killer can't just juggle them for resets and can't infinitely carry a survivor that is wiggling.

• Tits
    Tits Member Posts: 203
    edited August 31

I think basekit unbreakable should only kick in, if ALL survivors are down at the same time. This wouldnt make 1 slug get back up, and itd stop all those killers abusing knockout for 1 hook each etc, itd also incentivise just hooking the 2nd last survivor and searching for the other. Whoever gets up first out of the 4 stops the others unbreakable and can start picking everyone up. If they go down another gets up. Itl only kick in if the killer is just abusing slugging as a tactic to completely win rather than pressure

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 626

Knock out is cheap and should be reworked. It's a relic from a bygone era.

Not many perks for killer incentivize camping or tunneling. Look at Grim embrace, only procs once the killer moves 16m from hook.

I don't blame killers from slugging, it should be something that is opportunistic in the moment, not planned out from the start.

I don't run slowdowns, so gens fly fast. Usually around 1 gen left I'd have built in enough pressure to finish things off.