The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

My concept for the survivor for the FNAF chapter

Brutha
Brutha Member Posts: 170
edited September 1 in General Discussions

This includes who the survivor is, his perks, and his lore (Don't attack me if the lore is weird I watch lore and don't usually make it myself)

Survivor: Henry Emily

Perks:

1. Connection Terminated: When you complete a generator the killer is affected by blindness for 25 seconds and deafened for 5 seconds. (Changed to only activate if the perk holder completes a gen)
    "End communication." - Henry Emily
  2. Experienced Engineer: Once you have repaired 40% of a generator gain a trap that you can place on a completed generator. If the killer goes in a certain radius of the trapped generator it will explode stunning the killer for 2 seconds and giving 10% hindered for 5 seconds (Changed)
    "You don't even realize that you are trapped. Your lust for blood has driven you in endless circles." - Henry Emily
  3. Tamper: This perk allows you to tamper with hooks. Spend 5 seconds tampering with a hook to make it faulty. If a survivor is hooked on a faulty hook, they gain the "Break Free" option. Breaking free destroys the hook for 80 seconds and frees the survivor. After Tampering this perk goes on cooldown for 70 seconds.
    "I couldn't save you then, so let me save you now." - Henry Emily

Lore

Henry Emily was once a man of vision and innovation. As the co-founder of Fazbear Entertainment, he sought to create a place where children could experience joy and wonder. His talent for engineering brought to life a series of animatronic characters that captured the imagination of countless families. Alongside his business partner, William Afton, Henry turned the pizzeria into a thriving success. Yet, beneath the laughter and bright lights, darkness lurked.

Henry's life took a tragic turn when his daughter, Charlotte, became a victim of a gruesome murder at the hands of his own friend and partner, William Afton. Her death shattered Henry’s world, leaving him consumed with grief and guilt. It was only then that he uncovered the horrifying truth about Afton's sinister actions – using the animatronics for his twisted experiments and trapping the souls of innocent children within them.

Driven by a desire to make things right, Henry dedicated his life to ending the nightmare that had been unleashed. He meticulously studied the possessed animatronics and devised a plan to contain them and their malevolent influence. His ultimate goal was to lure all the haunted animatronics, including Afton himself, into an old, abandoned pizzeria and set it ablaze, hoping the fire would cleanse the evil and release the trapped souls.

On the night of the fire, Henry’s plan seemed to work. Flames engulfed the building, and for a fleeting moment, he believed that the horrors would finally end. He watched as the flames roared, feeling a sense of closure wash over him. But then, something changed. The world around him blurred, and he felt a cold darkness sweep over him, as if the fire itself had been swallowed by shadow.

Henry awoke to find himself in a place he had only vaguely known about: Fazbear Frights. The air was thick with fog, and an unnatural stillness hung in the room. The flickering lights cast long shadows that twisted and danced, almost as if they were alive. It looked like a twisted version of the old pizzerias he was familiar with, but it was different – darker, more sinister. Henry had heard rumors about Fazbear Frights, a horror attraction built to capitalize on the dark legacy of his creations. Now, he was standing in the middle of it, but everything felt distorted, unreal, as if he was inside a nightmare.

Post edited by Brutha on

Comments

• OneGoodBoyDemo
    OneGoodBoyDemo Member Posts: 418
    edited August 31
    1. Ok perk
    2. can be broken depending on how the incapacitated status will work on the killer. 12s without being able to do anything is a lot of wasted time
    3. The perk has a very strong effect and seems to be very easy to activate and can be used several times. Of course the killer has to hook on a tempered hook but I imagine 4 survivors using it a little too strong.

• Brutha

I imagine incapacitated working like no breaking pallets or walls and no damaging generators

Also for the third one it's not like sabo where the killer literally cannot hook the killer can still hook it's pretty much just giving someone else deliverance + breakdown. Also yeah I can kinda see it being abused but that's just due to my lack of balance knowledge and could easily be changed by someone who actually knows how to balance properly.

• NoirGhost
    NoirGhost Member Posts: 42

I do like the idea behind perk 1 and 3, but isnt 2 just Blast Mine but with incapacitated added to it

• Brutha

Eh yeah, my original idea way to make it so the killer would get they're foot stuck and they'd have to hit a bunch of merciless storm skillchecks to get free but I thought that could cause the killer to lose too much time if they kept missing

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 804

Ok, so, I really like Connection Terminated and Tamper. Experienced Engineer seems a bit odd though.

• Brutha

I just wanted to make some kinda gen perk that wasn't for rushing and my original idea seemed too problematic (the original is in the comment above) and I couldn't think of anything else so I pretty much just made it blastmine but different. I'm still thinking and if I think of something I like and think makes sense I might change it

• Brutha

The original idea is in the comment above, I ended up just changing it to be blastmine but different due to a lack of ideas and the original idea seeming problematic

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,889
    edited September 1

The one issue with Connection Terminated is it is a passive effect that hinders the killer. The survivor doesn't need to interact with the killer at all to trigger it, it just happens. This reads more like a killer perk, and is not how survivor perks are usually designed because the survivors can take 16 perks vs. the Killers 4.

Blinding the killer is interesting though, and I'd be tempted to make this a trap perk, except Blast Mine already achieves the goal of countering Nowhere to Hide.

Have we considered making perhaps the concept of a hook trap? Maybe use this to counter BBQ and Chilli on the likes of fast killers like Nurse, Blight, Billy, Oni?

Connection Terminated

After repairing generators for a total of 40%, Connection Terminated activates:

• Press the Active Ability button near a hook to install a trap. The trap remains active 100/110/120 seconds.
    • After the killer hooks a survivor on the trapped hook, the hook explodes and stuns/blinds the killer for 3 seconds, and inflicts the blindness status effect for 25 seconds.

The survivor still gets hooked, but the killer now doesn't have their aura perks to let them race off and murder.

Could be combined with Reassurance and Parental Guidance to immediately freeze the hook timer while the killer is stunned and use the time to run away with no scratch marks.

It would also have potential for taking hits on the way to hooks, if you think they may wiggle off but aren't sure you can take a hit, trap the hook, but then still run and make distance if the killer still manage to make the hook without having to make a risky sabo play.

Unfortunately this is kinda like all 3 of the perks rolled into one, so new ideas for the other 2 would be needed as well xD

Nice work on the lore BTW!

• Brutha
    edited September 1

Or I could just change it to whenever the perk holder completes the gen it activates and not just whenever a gen is completed

Edit: That's what I did

Post edited by Brutha on