Anticamp

Davinki
Davinki Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 13

who thought it was a good idea to have the anti camp bar pause when someone gets downed near the hook. Just had a game where got facecamped by a skull merchant ace went down in front of me she just kept a him there till I died on hook. Surely then if all times is when the anti camp should save me who designed this?

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,242

Because if a survivor is careless enough to go down next to a hooked survivor, the killer having to stop and pick up thst survivor shouldn't result in a free unhook.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,125

Look, at least you get the chance at a free self-unhook, even if it didn't happen in that very specific situation. That teammate going down at the hook probably cost you the game anyway.

Could you imagine how free it would be if survivors just hung around the hook and timer still kept going?

• ChickenDR4MST1CK
    ChickenDR4MST1CK Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 9

Camping is fun. Do you have marshmallows?

• dwight444
    dwight444 Member Posts: 393
    edited September 2

this is another symptom of poor matchmaking rather than a flaw in anticamp

injured survivor should not be doing the unhook, they should have reset and/or someone else should have gone in and not put the pressure on an injured teammate

downed survivor needs to crawl away, too many matches I see the downed survivor recovering at hook and it puts everyone in a lose-lose situation

plays like these pretty much end the game. This is where you gg next on hook imo despite that others will tell you to play it out

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,521

Why wasn't the downed person crawling away from the hook? This isn't the game's mechanics fault, this is a failure of a survivor play

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,779

Your solo teammates will get you killed more often than the killer's actions. This is an example of that.