The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Knight is still pretty bad

Chocolate_Cosmos
Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,736
edited September 5 in Feedback and Suggestions

Daily reminder that the Knight updated was Survivor sided and he is weaker than before.

Now, the cooldown change that happend this patch was good but he is still pretty bad.

Call to the Arms addon is pretty much must have. Penalty for being near your guards should go away. I am kinda fine with keeping the distance minimum to create path but he needs Call to Arms base kit and remove that punishement for being near your own power thats pretty bad.

Remove that penalty and give him faster path and more range to summon and then he is okay again.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,259

My main issue is I think they increased minimum distance you need to be from object, while it was supposed to be decreased instead (if I remember correctly)...

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,736

Oh yea thats another thing that plagues Knight since day 1. You want to break this pallet/gen/wall? Let me step back like 2 meters before you can do that sir.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,427
    edited September 5

Now that his playstyle is mostly snipes and you're rewarded for long range guards, he absolutely feels reliant on Call to Arms. They could give 5m path range and 15% faster path movement basekit, then tone the addon down. That would be great.

I'm not sure why you feel the minimum distance from an object wasn't changed, it absolutely is easier to place guards in tight areas or near objects now. It's even in the patch notes in 8.1.0. It could be bugged or something but the games I played after 8.2.0 it still seems to be working just fine.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 608

Agree. Call to Arms feels so necessary on Knight because the basekit does not provide the map control you need or the ability to pressure survivors fast. They should make it at least half basekit.

The penalty also feels so awful when you come to close to your hunting Guard. It feels like you get punished for beeing part of the chase and you rather should stay away and watch how the AI chases the survivor. This is so stupid, let me be part of the chase.

I also still dislike the bug that became a feature because tipping a window or pallet to slowdown the guard is way too easy and makes them so useless

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,259

Yeah, this is what I have been talking about in patch notes.

But when I have tried to use Carnifex, it didn't let me use him until I was at actually way bigger distance away from pallet.

I can do some testing today about it.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,077

i just want all my guard cooldowns to be halved. why can't i just use what guard i want at any point in time? I should only receive cooldown for using my ability when I miss the ability.

i suggested they make it so that whenever a guard successfully begins a chase or finishes an order action, you refresh 60% of the cooldown of that guard. I don't know why i need 20 second cooldown for breaking pallets. Billy and Cannibal have 0 cooldowns for breaking pallets….. and than i also don't know why assassin has 30 second cooldown.