The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

3 Killer Perk Concepts (+ a new Status Effect)

SoGo
SoGo Member Posts: 804
edited September 10 in Creations

Let me know what do you think about these.

Scourge Hook: Creative Slaugter

It's said that serial killers never change or adjust their methods of slaughter. That was never your case.

At the start of a trial, 4 random hooks are changed into Scourge Hooks.

Each time a survivor is unhooked from a Scourge Hook, a random one of the following effects applies to the survivor who unhooked:
• 30/60/90 seconds of Blindness
• 10/20/30 seconds of Exposed
• 30/60/90 seconds of Deafened
• 40/50/60 seconds of Oblivious
• 5/7/10 seconds of Hindered
• 15/30/45 seconds of Exhausted
• 30/60/90 seconds of Amnesia
• 10/15/20 seconds of Incapacitated

None of these effects can happen twice in a row.

Secrecy

You have always been surrounded by a shroud of mystery and secrets.

For the first 60/90/120 seconds of a trial, survivors will be unable to interact, hear or see all totems on the map.

Then, this perk deativates.

Fakeout

Plot twists, fake evidence, unexpected endings, that is your speciality.

You can create 1 Fake Generator. You can put it in places where generators can spawn normally by pressing the Active Ability Button. The Fake Generator will be highlighted to you in green. There can be only 1 Fake Generator in the trial.

Survivors can repair this generator, up to 25 charges. They will not get any skill checks. Once they reach 25 charges, the generator explodes, creating a Loud Noice Notification. The generator then vanishes.

Survivors repairing the generator during the explosion lose a health state. If a survivor is within a 6/9/12 meter radius of the generator when it explodes, they will scream and become Incapacitated for 7/12/17 seconds.

This perk disables once all generators are powered.

New Status Effect: Amnesia

Amnesia causes the in-game HUD to entirely disappear, replacing it with a special filter (hazy, blue-ish edges of the scream)

Post edited by SoGo on

Comments

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451
    edited September 5

I really like the concept of a random status effect with your Scourge 👍

That is something I could easily see implemented.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197

Given the sheer number of statuses on the scourge perk, and their rather modest durations, I don't think it warrants the inclusion of a Haste effect. Also just dont apply it to self unhooks, which I think is how Make Your Choice works as a similar unhooker debuff.

Secrecy is interesting, I don't think we have anything that flat out makes objects intangible, besides survivors with Spirit/Dracula.

Fake generator is an awesome idea, but I think needing to place it manually is kinda clunky. At only 25 charges it could simply spawn randomly.

• SoGo

Thanks for commenting!

To be honest with the Scourge Hook, I added the Haste to make it even more random and because I was running out of status effects. The self-unhook part was kind of a last minute addition, but I may remove it later.

With Fakeout, I don't want it to be completely passive, but making it so it works like Freddy pallets (spawning at pre-determined spots) would maybe work better.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197
    edited September 6

There may also be issues with different killer powers and their controls. So that's why I'd be wary of making it manual.

Have it light up in a different colour aura for the killer, that at least allows you to play around it, (like defending it in order to dupe survivors into thinking it's an important gen to finish) and that can make it less passive.

• SoGo
    edited September 8

The problem of it overlapping killer powers would not exist if the perk was bound to buttons like the E button. As far as I know, no killer power uses the E or F button, does it?

Highlighting the fake gens in a different color is a good suggestion, though. I like it.

• SoGo

Made some adjustments to Fakeout and Scourge Hook: CS

• SoGo

Added a brand new status effect to Scourge Hook: Creative Slaughter.