We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Should a fursuit be an official DBD survivor cosmetic?

exzachely
exzachely Member Posts: 45

curious to see what people think about this

Should a fursuit be an official DBD survivor cosmetic? 32 votes

No
71%
GibberishOnryosTapeRentalsWalterBlackTragicSolitudenotstarboardMarc_go_soloMrSheep51GuiltiiHighwayCatalystAGlassOfOJSmoeChikyTitssaneesMrRetsejAstelpomoika508Tyler3RoyvalAlastortheradiodemon 23 votes
Yes
28%
HerInfernalMajestyOctoCatReverseVelocitySepexIron_CutlassVibranToucanEnderloganYggleifTrin657 9 votes

Comments

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,376
    edited September 11
    Yes

Does Bunny Legion count as a fursuit? If so we need one on the Survivor side to balance it out obviously.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 682
    No

We already have Bunny Feng, why?

• Tyler3
    Tyler3 Member Posts: 194
    No

What's a fursuit?..

• Enderlogan
    Enderlogan Member Posts: 5
    Yes

10/10 would be hilarious

I vote it be a protogen

• Hexonthebeach
    Hexonthebeach Member Posts: 452
    edited September 27

If I think to horror and halloween costumes, it's this stereotype. :D

What kind of fursuit we are talkin about?

Post edited by Hexonthebeach on
  • 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,323

my boy its time we have… the talk

i dont have an opinion personally but i feel like any survivor with that skin equipped would be targeted by a lot of people who hate said community

• Tits
    Tits Member Posts: 254
    No

If itd be anything like the silent hill suit, youd end up the brightest largest target in the whole map. And itd kinda end up like the david king situation all over again

• AGlassOfOJ
    AGlassOfOJ Member Posts: 36
    No

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Yggleif
    Yggleif Member Posts: 188
    Yes

Yes I wanna see people meltdown about it.

• Gardhome
    Gardhome Member Posts: 61
    No

Noooo.. everyone but not a furry

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,250
    edited October 14
    No

Survivors would do well with Halloween costumes. Not full-on mascot costumes, those are too big.

Killers do well in mascot suits, like Legion's Robbie the Rabbit or Clown's Mr. Puddles cosmetics. The cougar from Ash vs Evil Dead would be very much welcome, as I found it quite effective:

And if you're talking about fursuits as in the kind used for sexual purposes, then those have no place in DbD as this is not a sex game and fursuits are not really something seen in horror. Just because fursuits cover the entire body does not change their purpose. Plus, they are usually overly cartoony and look like they are from children's media.

Halloween costumes on survivors: yes. Mascot suits on killers: yes. I think anything beyond Halloween costumes and animal PJs would be too bulky on survivors.

Edit: Crossed out a part that's been clarified by OP, fixed an error, clarified my own thoughts.

Post edited by TragicSolitude on
  • exzachely
    exzachely Member Posts: 45

A fair amount of players have created fan concepts for how they would appear in Dead by Daylight. Several of these players have used their fursuits to describe themselves. I do not think fursuits are inherently sexual nor was that the intent of this post. I was just curious what people thought about the idea of someone being in a costume that covers their body in a unique way/silhouette.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,376
    Yes

sexual purposes???? fursuits are not inherently sexual but go off i guess?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,250
    No

Okay, cool.

Like I said, I think Halloween costumes are great for survivors and mascot suits great for killers. Making survivors bulkier would be unwanted, though. Yui has her tails cosmetic and it was quickly apparent it sticks out and makes her easier to see.

Oh yeah, and the full-body animal PJs like a couple survivors already have, those are popular.

I guess I'm too used to dark corners of the internet where that is what people mean when they mention them. But no matter their purpose, the fursuits I usually see are cartoony and would look strange in DbD. There are a lot of possibilities for creepy mascot suits on killers, though.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,668
    Yes

Sure why not? Bunny Feng exists and so does Halloween Jake Park. Why not? Who cares.