The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Skull Merchant changes...

Let me just preface this with I absolutely LOVE the banger of changes from last patch. Especially with my boys Dredge and Knight. I was hoping with this patch the trend would continue, but it felt more like a misguided balance patch, with Billy and MAYBE Twins being the only killers that truly deserved what they got.

While I'm sure there have been complaints of Unknown possibly feeling clunky with these changes, and that is completely justified because that was a worry of mine as well. It seems Skull Merchant was taken a bit to the extreme in the balance perspective.

I've listed some changes that will address some of the more glaring issues with Adriana, while still leveling with some of the changes necessary.

[Change] Claw Traps no longer grant the broken status effect
[Change] The Skull Merchant only gains haste per claw trap
[Change] Haste stacks per claw trap, capping at 5% (2%/3%/4%/5%)
[Change] Hinder for being scanned with an active claw trap reduced to 5%
[QoL] Increased radar detection to 15 seconds from 12
[QoL] Getting scanned with an active claw trap increases the claw trap timer by 15 seconds, down from a full recharge

• One of the most glaring issues with the Skull Merchant within the status effect outrage, is that someone randomly getting scanned across map will cause her to gain an unannounced speed boost that would catch an unsuspecting survivor off guard, effectively making the chase unfair. With only allowing haste come from active claw traps, the survivor will be able to judge that The Skull Merchant will have a boost of speed and be able to play around it effectively. (It also takes a lot more to obtain the speed boost anyway)

[Change] Reduce scan immunity to 2.25 seconds
[Change] Reduce scan lines to 1
[Change] Rotation speed increased to 125 degrees from 85 degrees

• With the reduction of a scan line, it's seemingly appropriate to make sure the beam has a faster rotation and shorter window. This will incentivize the Skull Merchant to utilize beam rotation, while providing the survivor more opportunity to duck, dodge, bob and weave the beams in pursuit of LOS blockage or to the next tile.

[Change] Increase minimum distance to other Drones or hooked survivors to 16 meters from 12 meters
[Adjustment/QoL] Adjust clearance to strictly be vertical (this to prevent making a shrine of drones down basement stairs)

• Increasing the minimum distance will not allow the Skull Merchant to stack to beams on top of each other, allowing a bit of wiggle room for the survivor to avoid a double set up. There has also been an issue with being able to stack multiple drones on top of each other up staircases which inevitably makes it a death zone - adjusting the clearance/distance to be vertical will prevent these kind of scenario from happening.

Ultrasonic Speaker: Reduces the duration of the immunity to consecutive Scan-Line Hits for survivors to 35% of it's default value
Low Power Mode: Grant 1 scan line, Rotation speed to 0
Expired Batteries: Increases the strength of the haste by 50%. Downside remains.

Aside from the multitude of bugs that exist with this killer, and as much as I am waiting for the rework.

It is not exactly fair for the killer to be sent to the shadow realm until she sees her rework. Please consider these changes or any portion of it when it comes to the PTB Merchant.

As always, thank you.

Comments