The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Has Survivor Meta Truly Changed?

2»

Comments

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,829

We wouldn't mind going back more but we can't bring things back with us and this is kinda where we feel wheres it still in the realm of "fair bs". We'd rather have a chimera of different parts of the timeline but we doubt many feel the same.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,401

Fair enough, I can understand that. Personally I don't mind the problematic balance that much, the way I see it the good outweighs the bad in the Old DBD, but I know that isn't true for everyone.

Gotta say though, my friends, the chimera is not a bad idea. Obviously it depends on what you will do, but I believe it could work.

• Destaice
    Destaice Member Posts: 25

In my opinion. The issue is the gimmicky side of survivor perks.

Killer perks tend to compliment what you're already doing. Rarely do you have to go out of your way to complete gimmicky side objectives. And perks that did like Machine Learning get changed.

Meanwhile half of survivor perks read like this; "if it's a Wednesday and the killer is Clown you get no fall stagger in The Game if you've looted a flashlight from a chest or cleansed Hex: Haunted Ground. 60 second cooldown."

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,091
    edited 1:03AM

i'd say opposite is occurring. the killer meta has been perfectly static for a full year with killer using the nerfed version of perks because nothing else is worth using. survivor perk buffs have been solid and have progressively made their perk selection more diverse. killer perks on other hand haven't moved needle at all. the few random killer perks that end up being somewhat relevant like Ultimate weapon and Weave attunement are just getting nerfed not to mention all 10+ killer perks getting nerfed. survivor have received major perk nerfs post 6.1 like Circle of healing, Made for This and Distortion with other perk changes like Adrenaline, Buckle up, Background player & Prove thyself but it is nowhere near extent that killer perks are being weakened.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,954

the meta depends on them overbuffing a z tier perk and then it eventually gets nerfed back into z tier

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,193

I think the notion of a meta in terms of survivor perks is a bit of a misnomer. It literally doesn't matter what you run in solo queue. Your experience is determined entirely by matchmaking. You can run full meta every game and have zero difference whatsoever in your results as a survivor. It's not like killer where running full meta directly correlates to results. I would challenge anyone who plays solo queue to equip 4 random perks or zero perks and compare your results over 10 games to 10 games of full meta.

• GeneralV

I would challenge anyone who plays solo queue to equip 4 random perks or zero perks and compare your results over 10 games to 10 games of full meta.

Challenge accepted. What would you say is the current survivor meta?

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,091
    edited 2:31AM

i think he is saying that you can run your most prefered perks to win vs not run your most prefered perks and win the same amount. For example, say your confident winning build is Deja vu+Build to last+Lithe+Kindred with Commodus toolbox with yellow wire spool+grey scraps. He is saying that you running a less comfortable build would yield same results e.g Running Dramaturgy+Strength of from shadows+Botany knowledge+Empathic connection.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,193

Windows, OTR, Exhaustion, Finesse would be a pretty meta build. Take a syringe while you're at it. Not disputing that there is a meta on survivor. Just saying that it's not super impactful in terms of escape rate. At least in my opinion. You might have a different experience than I do.

• GeneralV

I do not have Finesse unlocked. Is there another option?