Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Would This Work? (New Modifier Idea)

Thund3rstruck57
Thund3rstruck57 Member Posts: 265
edited September 21 in General Discussions

Ok so assume for the sake of this hypothetical, the game would have no issues running this modifier.

Imagine 1v4 where the killer and every survivor have EVERY PERK IN THE GAME (with a few conditions/restrictions listed below). What potential problems could you guys see with this mode (again setting aside game performance)?

Conditions/Restrictions: Killers can bring add-ons and offerings. Survivors can bring items with add-ons and offerings. Survivors don't have No Mither. [Edit: Killers don't have Lightborn]. Killers only have 4 hex perks that are randomly selected by the game at the start of each trial. Perks/perk icons are not shown in the HUD. [Edit: Maybe killers should see their 4 hex perks since those are the only ones that are randomized and survivors should get a perk icon notification only for those hex perks when their effects are activated]. Items/add-ons are shown in the HUD.

Thoughts? To me this sounds like sooooo much fun!

Post edited by Thund3rstruck57 on

Comments

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,477

Itd be chaotic...

yes

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 1,080

Those'll be some juice scourge hooks/Boons. And healing will probably be pretty quick.

Probably too many effects that players are unaware of/haven't played enough of, and it's information overload.

Fun concept though. Would be interesting to see what actually would happen.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063
    edited September 21

Okay, I really want to try that. My god would the aura read be insane.

I don't know whose stacked perks are stronger? Survivors will have insanely speedy heals whenever they aren't broken, but the gen speeds will be nuts; it's resilience + deja vu + PT + overzealous (which will always be 20% because every totem is a hex) + quick gambit and all the skill check perks vs thana + dying light + pentimento (which is easy to get off when there's ruin + devour + blood favor + huntress lullaby + third seal AND plaything/face the darkness potentially hexing up any totems that get booned instead of destroyed), against every gen regression perk in the game at once. Killers will have some mighty kicks. On the other hand, maybe the 8 kick limit would get reached basically immediately via automatic regression events? That can already happen pretty readily with Surge on an indoor map.

But on the survivor side, not only do exhaustion perks not stack, but Sprint Burst renders most of the other exhaustion perks unusable.

Players would have basically constant aura read on each other at all times because every killer aura perk in the game vs Object of Obsession. Also constant screaming. Neither the survivors nor the killer would have any idea what yellow gens mean. The active ability button would be screwed and HUDs would look so horrible. It'd be hilarious.

Though, No Mither is obvious, but there are a few perks I can think of offhand that you don't want on your build unless you're good enough to use them.

-Calm Spirit nerfs cleansing and chest opening

-Deadline increases skill check frequency while making them appear in weird places like they do in Madness. Not good for beginner survivors

-Scavenger will recharge your toolbox if you hit great skill checks, and you'll automatically hit greats because of Stake Out, but then it hits you with a -50% repair speed penalty for 30s.

-Technician nukes gens if you fail skill checks

-Dark Arrogance punishes you for getting stunned or blinded (though, OTOH, Enduring and Lightborn, so I guess it doesn't matter here)

-Actually, every flashlight and flashbang perk is useless because Lightborn

-With a 5 totem cap, worse hex perks might prioritize over the better ones

Blood Warden/No Way Out/Terminus/NOED/Rancor/Remember Me every game, too. Also, Hoarder + every chest perk for mass item shrines. But also Franklins and Weave Attunement.

• Thund3rstruck57

Ya things will be happening that players won't be sure why they're happening, but removing all the perk tiles/icons from the HUD is meant to help prevent information overload and people just staring at a ton of perk info graphics all game, allowing them to focus on the gameplay. Like Chaos Shuffle, it will reward players that are familiar with more perks.

• Thund3rstruck57

Wow you put a lot of thought into this! I appreciate that. I have some notes:

HUDs would actually be pretty clean because there would be no perk tiles/perk icons. Perhaps killers can see what their 4 randomly selected hex perks are and survivors only get icon notifications for those hex perks when their effects activate. That would still be pretty clean. Status effects would still be visible though so that might need to be cleaned up a bit haha.

The other exhaustion perks will actually be usable even with Sprint Burst because of the new Blood Rush (that's actually what gave me the idea for this mode).

Because Shattered Hope exists, hexes that are booned will be destroyed when kicked and can't receive Plaything, Face the Darkness, Two Can Play, Wretched Fate, or NOED, but the broken totems can receive Pentimento.

Many of the activate ability button survivor perks have unique activation conditions (being on a gen, standing next to a gen, standing next to a pallet, standing next to a totem, sprinting, crouching and not moving, being in a locker, healing someone/yourself, etc.). Considering you can bring 4 of those types of perks into a regular game and there's only 2 activate ability buttons, I think there wouldn't be any new conflicts that aren't already in the base game. If there are existing conflicts, they probably work on a priority system (this perk will always be available to activate first if paired with another perk that shares the same input).

Overzealous deactivates when the survivor is hit once so probably not that problematic even with all hexes.

OMG Lightborn was an oversight on my part. Killers don't get Lightborn. I'll edit the original post to include that restriction.

As far as you other perk restriction suggestions, you take the good with the bad. The idea is to have as many perks able to be used as possible. No Mither eliminates all healing perks/medkits and Lightborn eliminates all blinding perks/flashlights so those need to go.

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 305

I'll take everything over lights out

• Thund3rstruck57

I do like how spooky and atmospheric Lights Out is but I will agree it needs some tweaks.