What do you think would improve the Dead By Daylight experience?

What I believe one thing that would vastly improve the Dead By Daylight experience would be to able to go into a custom game and play against bots AND actually get bp and XP for doing so. Hear me out. If you could get the rewards of playing the game and completely bypass the toxic nonsense, the terrible teammates, the hostile after-game messages, cheaters holding the game hostage, etc it would be a pleasant alternative if someone wants to play but is not in the mood for all that. It also might cut down on dcs, as more casual players or "picky players" could have their own matches outside of the main game. It would also be rewarding to players who hate feeling like they're being humiliated and curb stomped every game. Or allow players to practice new killers or survivors and get rewarded without being harassed for their inexperience in game.

I'm curious to know what suggestions others have, too.

Comments

• rysm
    rysm Member Posts: 260

One thing that would improve the DBD experience for me would be map atmosphere. We've completely lost the "horror" aspect of maps that we had a few years ago and it's really sad. Theres little to no fog, maps are way too bright, the grungey and creepy feel of all maps is gone. I feel like we need that back.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,508

Better MMR, where I won't matched against/with comp team in first match and then against/with 200 hours babys right in the next match.
    Maybe some lessons in game, which introduces player more deeply to the game and its mechanics? Because average level of playerbase is really low and difference between average and good players is a big problem imo.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,335
    1. More Bushes
    2. More fog
    3. Return of Blendette
    4. Serial DCers get matched up with each other until they play 10 straight games without DCing or Suiciding on hook (before 3 gens are done and without self unhook perks).
    5. Bleed out timer is reduced by 50%. Survivors don’t waste much time on the ground bleeding out and Killers are pressured to hook sooner.
    6. Carlos is no longer a legendary character becomes a separate character with a whole new wardrobe including a shirtless cosmetic.
    7. Chat wheel.
    8. More emotes and introduction of Dances (I know it’s not for everyone but I wanna see Trapper twerk).

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 730

Honestly, a "single player mode" like you described would effectively cement DBD's immortality even more than licenses could ever hope to.

The reason why new player retention isn't good and people don't stick around is because the game is insanely unfriendly to newcomers and casual players not only in it's mechanics but also in it's community (not to mention the rather impressive grind required to get perks that help alleviate the lack of experience). With how complex the game has gotten, by the time you understand how the game works and manage to get a solid grasp on most aspects, you'll have been getting slurs and mockery thrown at you constantly because of inexperience or simply for not bringing optimal perks or playing in an suboptimal way.

A single player mode would essentially make newcomers be able to play/practice in a healthy and predictable environment before, if they so chose, playing against other people. When people start playing with other people they would be able to contribute and would have a much better (even if there will always be bad apples and salty players) experience with the community.

Not to mention if someone gets targeted by hackers and prevented from playing the game, or there is a problem with their internet they can simply jump on offline solo mode.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 863

Theater mode would go hard. Having to rely on twitch streamers actually streaming to review my own gameplay is a bummer.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,589
    edited October 2

Ahh… A big NO to bots and AI in a online multiplayer pvp games.

They need to further improve the soloq experience and new player experience.

How so? Here:

1. Make starting\beginner perks more useful\more in touch with actual game.
    2. Bring the UI which shows your teammates perks.
    3. Add more communication tools, such as command wheel.
    4. More buffs to anti-tunnel system.
    5. More sexy\skimpy outfits for survivors.

That's all that comes to my mind…