We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

I feel nothing for this Dev update.

Am I just jaded for feeling like this Dev update is lackluster? Or am I this way bcuz this update did nothing to convince my friends to come back?

Zanshin Tactics looks fun tho I guess.

What has made you excited for the update?

Comments

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 327

Why did they nerfed deathbound? It was already a weak plaything

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,299

I'm happy I still have my Zanshin Tactics - I'm fine with that change.

Honestly I'm pretty fine overall with the update although I absolutely understand it's very polarizing this time.

Truth be told I won't be excited for a balance update until I see either Freddy or Myers in the changelog.

• dwight444
    dwight444 Member Posts: 405

not every update needs to be definitive in favoring one side or another; just a regular update tweaking some perks, that's fine

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 1,021

I don’t like this change as well. It had the potential to be better than plaything.

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 327
  • ranbuta
    ranbuta Member Posts: 90

It is no surprise that deathbound is being nerfed.
    The slagging strategy rarely uses hooks. In other words, it was too strong as it was always triggered.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,658

They reverted the dumb Mori change and killed the Corrective Action + Hyperfocus supercombo, while reworking Distortion back into something decent with a commonly-requested redesign. Most of the perk buffs for both killers and survivors are staying which is good because those perks sucked and they needed it.

Overall I feel alright and I'm looking forward to the Halloween event and the next Rift.

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 1,021

This was my favorite perk change. It’s sad to see it not coming like it was in the ptb.

• Rick1998
    Rick1998 Member Posts: 249

i'm still bummed that some known kilelr bugs just get and stay ignore for aparently forever .
    xenos tail eon't work on survivors deplyong turrets .
    blight gets double fatigue at ramdom times

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 319

it was just a patch nobody wanted

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,466
    edited October 3

no, it triggers when another survivor heals another survivor AND the perk also doesn't grant oblivious if you stay together. so for example, say your co-op gen, you heal a survivor near gen then you start repairing. that person is not oblivious.

deathbound was atrocious bad perk and the current iteration is not any better. that is a lot of the problems with current perks for killer. A lot of killer are D-tier bad. A LONG list of them. like…. 80% of them because unlike survivor, they didn't get buffed or revisited at all. After being buffed, it is now C-tier perk.

buffing D-tier worthless perk to C-tier perk doesn't make player want to use it. None of the perks that got buffed were remotely worth nerfing. the most notable ones is Zanshin tactic which was b-tier good perk for killer but it got immediately nerfed for being remotely useful. now they just nerfed it back to C-tier.

At least blood echo and genetic limits are like average b-tier perks because exhaustion is very useful but it is like… i don't think killer want spend multiple perk slots to counter survivor perks.

it is so different from how survivor perk get buffed. they take a worthless healing perk resurgence which was like C-tier healing perk and now it is one of the best healing perks in the game when combine with med-kits. C-tier → into A-tier. it is wild for double standards of perk changes.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 555

After all, nothing was changed, so it is possible that Gen's speed will increase every time someone starts a chase in the future. In addition to making VCPT powerful again, which is easy to play in a role, the speed of the game will increase even faster just by bringing in someone who is confident in the chase, even if they are solo.

• Devil_hit11

You need to use it on a killer that punishes you for staying injured and actively want to slug like Oni. Maybe twins but twins already has add-on for undetectable. the perk is situational with very exploitable weaknesses since you can 99% a heal and then use med-kit to self-care the 1% to avoid activation of the perk and even when you do activate the perk, the perk has counter-play build into itself.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,534

Why not? They tuned down the most overpowered perks, buffed Skull Merchant so she's at least usable as a chase killer but still less oppressive, and reverted the green and iri mori changes. And I heard they reverted some Unknown movespeed change that would have made him feel worse to play.

Good changes from the PTB in my book.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,117

That's a good point.

I suppose Plaything is a little easier to predict the impact, since you can guarantee its effect and if a survivor wants to get rid of it they have to cleanse a totem. I would argue Plaything on its own is not particularly good, but at least it does always work.

New Deathbound does have counters the survivors can use, but its activation condition is permanently in effect and easier to trigger with no way to remove it other than getting injured by the killer. I would think it has to be a little more reserved because there is no way to remove the effect. I'd say this is quite strong vs. SoloQ, which is true of Plaything. Not so good against SWF, but to be fair, neither is Plaything.

Youbraise a good point Oni is one that becomes nasty with that combo for sure. Otherwise, you do have the option to not take it if you see a plethora of medkits in the lobby.

• Devil_hit11

i don't think any killer is going to use it. the closest perk i see people using in their main stay is legion with blood echo. Zanshin tactics might have some chance prior to the change on pyramid head and huntress but no chance after the change.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,117
    edited October 4

What level of play are you thinking of my guy? This perk is gonna be decently strong around mid tiers where most players are.

When you say "any killer", do you mean the killers who go hard every game taking only the best perks they can to take on the strongest survivor SWF perk combos?

Cause I think you'd be very hard pushed to do anything to this perk to make it viable up at that level. Oblivious/Stealth is just not that strong against high level players and teams, it's why Ghost Face is plain ass and chips at higher levels. Even if you made it permanent that doesn't get reset period, with no condition on range from allies, it would still only be good on the fast killers like Blight or Oni, Billy with Muffler...

However for your mid tier players and SoloQ, this effect is gonna be tough to deal with, which is also true of Plaything... it's only good against mid tier players who need to break their totems, and even then, that's mostly just for Pentimento...

So while I don't disagree with you that yeah, its not a meta level strength perk, very few perks are (and to be frank, very few killers are)... what could you realistically do to it that would make it a meta perk without it being bonkers, especially at low and mid level?

To me this perk is now interesting, something you can make use of in niche scenarios that is interesting to build around, that's all I really want, whereas before it did nothing no matter what level of play you were at, nor how much build investment you put it.

• Devil_hit11
    edited October 4

Even if you made it permanent that doesn't get reset period, with no condition on range from allies

the perk would at least trigger and have an effect. right now, the current perk only has an effect for player that don't know what the perk does. the perk is still blank perk slot. i would rate perk that are like C-tier or lower as pretty much unusable perks. \

When you say "any killer", do you mean the killers who go hard every game taking only the best perks they can to take on the strongest survivor SWF perk combos?

i mean a killer actively using the perk in a daily perk build. The ideal would be that in some particular build for killer, it is best slot perk but that is not how killer perk are these days. there is like no perk creativity for killer. everything is already soft-balanced for killer and released as if it is already nerfed where the perks reward has already been accounted for being too strong.