We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Is Killer Specific MMR Copium?

Yes I'm aware it supposedly still looks at your main mmr so you arent just destroying new players if you're a generally higher mmr player, but mmr is such a nebulous thing in this game. I've been trying to branch out from my mains and give some more mechanically demanding killers a try, but the survivors I'm running into feels exactly the same caliber as usual. It's just frankly demoralizing given how prevalent BMing is in dbd. I'm not asking for survivors so inexperienced I 3k+ every game, I'd just like to PLAY the game instead of 5 hook states max, tbagged at every gate. Just tanking the BM to learn tougher killers is not my idea of fun.

Answers

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,116

One thing that might potentially help, are you going against the bloodpoint bonus? I have noticed my games are usually harder if I go against the bloodpoints for either side...

Which makes sense, if there are not enough players for the other side, the pairings aren't gonna be as even.

• sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 554
    edited October 7

The problem is that we can’t even be sure whether MMR is a copium
    BHVR could turn off mmr or implement another system and we wouldn't even know about it unless there are some significant changes

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,825

Believing that MMR exists in any capacity is already Copium

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 317

This made me laugh because of how accurate it is! I started playing this game for the first year or year and a half only being able to play really late like 11pm - 3am. So I kinda started in the trenches most of my matches I didn't get a single kill while getting all the BM and ggez and a load of other things. It wasn't until last year I was able to play during the day light hours and oh boy was I surprised literally night and day lol.

Now to answer op question so I have a p100 huntress (my main) and p100 (retired nurse). I've found that huntress provides my hardest matches, while nurse it takes around five or six wins in a row to get to my huntress matches.

When I play Drac or Freddy (p6 and p13) my matches never dip below those nurse level matches. So I would assume that mmr decays to a particular cap when you don't use them often but never drops below that. So your survivors will typically be near the middle of your skill level at the lowest unless matchmaking is crazy off (I've had matches with people less than 100 hours and that's even with playing my main).

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,152

I think BHVR needs to come out with a statement, because I really have no clue if MMR is a thing anymore or not, and others feel the same. How can you do that? How can you have a game where your players don't know if there's a matchmaking system or not?

• Triplehoo
    Triplehoo Member Posts: 639

For me, the games usually start to go down the drain around 6-7pm. I usually stop playing after 2-3 games around that time because I get queued with people that are waaaayy over my level. Especially on weekdays.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,501

Agree on matchmaking mostly. But late at evening after 10 PM my matches start to be lot tougher if I happen to play killer. For last part are you serious because that sounds like some horror movie.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,727

It certainly exists but it's really only noticeable at the extremes IMO.

I have 3-4 killers that I only play when I'm trying to win and the rest I generally just mess around with. I'll 8 hook and then farm or meme or do whatever which means a lot more people escaping.

There is a very noticeable difference between the killers I'm trying to win with vs the killers I don't.

For the killers I try to win with, the groups vary in skill; sometimes they're bad, good or just kind of meh. For the killers I'm not trying to win with; they're always bad outside of a suspected backfill lobby.

For most people though, I doubt the killer specific MMR will even make much of a difference since they're probably all in range of each other anyway.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,323

no wonder im such a good killer i play around 3 to 10 pm

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,323

i suddenly wanna pull an all nighter with a bat at my side