We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

What do you think of the 8.3.0 perk updates?

Senile_Grandpa
Senile_Grandpa Member Posts: 21
edited October 12 in General Discussions

I really love the Hex: Crowd Control buff. I hope they're buffing every Hex totem perk and make them actually strong as a trade-off for disabling the perk forever.

Comments

• Gardhome
    Gardhome Member Posts: 61

Predator good, Crowd Control awesome, Zanshin (i dont know cause i dont have Oni), WGLF is great against slugging. The only perks i didnt like is THAWCK and Death bound, they became much worse than before.

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 1,017

Hex crowed control is very cool now and a must cleans.

Dead man’s switch is strong and even stronger, but I don’t like that it only activates once.

Distortion: I like that survivors have no counterplay anymore, but they also did the perk very dirty.

Deathbound is extremely cool now, but I wish we would have gotten the ptb version.

The other perk changes are whatever.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,464

dms is only perk i am using in the perk buffs. it's legit super strong to block a gen for 50 seconds. the thing i don't like about it is its ability to be exploited by SWF. maybe it would be better if it blocked further gen from completion automatically over giving survivor control for what gen it blocks. strong perk but… highly exploitable.

• ProudRinMain
    ProudRinMain Member Posts: 333
    edited 11:06AM

Machine Learning. Wish it could re-activate without having to wait for the perk’s duration to elapse. ( it wouldn’t stack, it would just reset the haste timer and undetectable when another generator that’s been kicked while the perk is active is repaired or at the very least, allow the perk to give a loud noise notification or something that the generator is very close to being done to hopefully help the killer get more consistent value of the perk. )

You lose a generator anyway so it wouldn’t be problematic, really.

P.S: Blood lust would be disabled for as long as the haste effect is active.

Post edited by ProudRinMain at
  • SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 1,021

It's a great change.

Other hex perks on my wishlist are:

Hex: Huntress Lullaby

Hex: Thrill of the Hunt

Hex: Two Can Play

Hex: Wreched Fate

And maybe Hex: Ruin.

• NarkoTri1er
    NarkoTri1er Member Posts: 402

Hex: CC buff is okayish

Predator buff…idk why did it even reach live servers.

Machine Learning is nasty and i think it shouldn't have been tweaked like this.

Genetic Limits will be also extremely nasty on killers like Singularity.

Distortion was failry nerfed, but 15s for tokens is just ridiculous, just handholding to people who can't last even 30s in chase.

WGLF is overtuned.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,372

Basically all great changes. Except Thwack, that one is a net nerf overall.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 664

Overall very good changes. I love the new Machine Learning, Hex: Crowd Control, Quick Gambit, Zanshin Tactics, and WGLF. The Distortion nerf is also good because it makes aura perks more viable which results in more perk diversity and fairer matches.

Deathbound feels a bit weak due to its live-nerf because it feels like a weaker version of Plaything but I'm still testing. Leverage could even get a slightly buff because in a meta with Resurgence, We'll Make It, Plot Twist, Syringes ect. it still feels underwhelming. THWACK! still seems bugged because you don't see the survivor aura and it doesn't work on M2 attacks.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,780

I think most of it was pretty good, except Thwack and Blood Echo which imo are worse than before. Zanshin, Deathbound, and Corrective Action were too strong on the PTB but they fixed all of them

• Shaddoll_Serpent
    Shaddoll_Serpent Member Posts: 156

WGLF needs to be looked at again, but the rest I don't really have any issues with. Crowd Control and Predator have been really nice.

• ErebusSurge
    ErebusSurge Member Posts: 23

predator should be killswitched, distortion returned, WGLF needs a buff..

• TWS001
    TWS001 Member Posts: 157

I'm slowly working my way through all the updated perks on both sides. First game I used the new Inner Focus was against a slug build Nemesis on Disturbed Ward. It was the reason all four of us survived. Couldn't have worked any out any better. The 6 second aura read on the killer everytime a survivor loses a health state basically told me where every survivor was slugged and also got me the trophy for revealing a killers aura for more than a minute during a game.

Predator was also very useful on Artist for hitting survivors with birds when they thought they had escaped by hiding around structures. Can only imagine how busted it could be on Nurse.

Corrective Action helped when survivors let go of gens and it magically gives you a skill check at exactly the same time. Saw that happen a few times.

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 327

I'm heart broken that THWACK lost its aura reading. IT was a staple perk on one of my Nemesis builds

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 327
    edited 2:11AM