The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

My AWESOME Idea for a NOED change.

First it needs a full rework imo.

It needs to not be a Hex Totem.

When endgame hits it gives the EXPOSED effect to all survivors. However ONCE those survivors are hit and downed by NOED the exposed effect is removed from them.

This would bring it inline with DS.

Comments

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

It removes the counter

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@TigerKirby215 said:
    Man I miss the "LOL" reaction.

Here use this instead.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Funbag5 said:
    Noed and DS should just get removed
    Exactly. But people try to compare both perks with eachother but they don't get that it's not about comparing both, it's about removing unfun stuff. Whatever, 2019 and still nothing changed. I'm losing hope tbh.
    They wont remove a perk. Just change it.
    And i dont think NOED needs to get changed. It punishes not going for totems
  • nomorevideos
    nomorevideos Member Posts: 75

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Funbag5 said:

Exactly. But people try to compare both perks with eachother but they don't get that it's not about comparing both, it's about removing unfun stuff. Whatever, 2019 and still nothing changed. I'm losing hope tbh.

DS and NOED are both not fun to play against, but NOED has a bigger impact on the game unless everyone runs DS or you're just stubborn and chase the one guy that clearly wants to be chased. NOED should be token based and use up tokens regardless if you hit a survivor or not. Just the swing alone should use up 1 token.

• nomorevideos

@Milo said:
    DwightsLifeMatters said:

Funbag5 said:

4 months after the NOED buff and people are still not cleansing totems btw.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

imagine unironically falling for this

• Milo

@nomorevideos said:

@Milo said:
    DwightsLifeMatters said:

Funbag5 said:

That's survivors fault.

• micsan
    micsan Member Posts: 95

@Milo said:

@nomorevideos said:

@Milo said:
    DwightsLifeMatters said:

Funbag5 said:

That's survivors fault.

And it's the survivors who refuse to do dull totems and yell at you for doing dull totems, that actually complain about NOED.

I ran small game for a while when I was new just to learn all the spawns, did this for about a month and now I don't need it to be a totem destroying machine!

The satisfaction you get when that endscreen hits and you see the killer had NOED is top notch.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

@Tsulan said:
    Survivors: give us more objectives, only gens is boring.
    Also survivors: nerf NOED, we can't be bothered to do totems. 

• nomorevideos

@Milo said:

@nomorevideos said:

@Milo said:
    DwightsLifeMatters said:

Funbag5 said:

That's survivors fault.

Epic bro.

• nomorevideos

@micsan said:

@Milo said:

@nomorevideos said:

@Milo said:
    DwightsLifeMatters said:

Funbag5 said:

That's survivors fault.

And it's the survivors who refuse to do dull totems and yell at you for doing dull totems, that actually complain about NOED.

I ran small game for a while when I was new just to learn all the spawns, did this for about a month and now I don't need it to be a totem destroying machine!

The satisfaction you get when that endscreen hits and you see the killer had NOED is top notch.

I cleanse most totems I come across but consider this Mr. Genius Man. Maybe just maybe it's pretty difficult to find all 5 totems in a single match as 1 survivor. You do not know how many have been cleansed either unless you're in full SWF and generally looking and cleansing totems is a huge waste of valuable time. Even with SG unless you're playing SWF you will never know if there's still 1 left and you are literally forced to run across the map with your little perk, trying to make sure there's none left.

• I cleanse most totems I come across but consider this Mr. Genius Man. Maybe just maybe it's pretty difficult to find all 5 totems in a single match as 1 survivor. You do not know how many have been cleansed either unless you're in full SWF and generally looking and cleansing totems is a huge waste of valuable time. Even with SG unless you're playing SWF you will never know if there's still 1 left and you are literally forced to run across the map with your little perk, trying to make sure there's none left.

This comment here is of much more value than the OP. I don't use NOED, it's a crutch for awful killers that get looped all game, if even after having all survivors exposed, you still need perk help, then "git gud" 

As a survivor, I run SG. I do this, because of ruin, huntress lullaby, NOED(although, NOED isn't that much of a threat anyway) hag and trappers traps, it's my experience that I will need to deal with at least one of these things a match. I completely agree that SG isn't as useful as a perk as it could be. Absolutely yes there needs to be some way know how many totems are left, there needs to be different notifications for totems, traps, hex totems, there certainly needs to be a better way of it triggering beyond a one time notification then a cooldown (I would much prefer it to work similar to spine chill) 
  • michaelmyers87
    michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 458
    As a rank one killer and survivor 1.5 years of experience,  NOED and ds can drastically alter matches. 

Getting decisive when I’m about to hook someone in the basement can destroy momentum. 

However if someone has ds who isn’t good at chases and I get them 5 seconds later. It’s a wasted perk slot
  • Milo

@nomorevideos said:

@Milo said:

@nomorevideos said:

@Milo said:
    DwightsLifeMatters said:

Funbag5 said:

That's survivors fault.

Epic bro.

?

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

@Vortexas said:
    First it needs a full rework imo.

It needs to not be a Hex Totem.

When endgame hits it gives the EXPOSED effect to all survivors. However ONCE those survivors are hit and downed by NOED the exposed effect is removed from them.

This would bring it inline with DS.

Well, DS is a broken perk, so there's no reason to make another perk broken. Also, the NOED exposed status effect never really affects you twice. Normally you hit 1-2 people before the totem breaks or the survivors escape.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301

@Vortexas
    Since you have 692 posts as of writing this, that means that BBQ&Chili hasn't appeared on the shrine for 692 weeks, meaning that the game is 13.3 years old.

Facts.

• micsan
    micsan Member Posts: 95

@nomorevideos said:

@micsan said:

@Milo said:

@nomorevideos said:

@Milo said:
    DwightsLifeMatters said:

Funbag5 said:

That's survivors fault.

I cleanse most totems I come across but consider this Mr. Genius Man. Maybe just maybe it's pretty difficult to find all 5 totems in a single match as 1 survivor. You do not know how many have been cleansed either unless you're in full SWF and generally looking and cleansing totems is a huge waste of valuable time. Even with SG unless you're playing SWF you will never know if there's still 1 left and you are literally forced to run across the map with your little perk, trying to make sure there's none left.

First off, it's not that hard to find all 5 totems, definitely not with SG. If you have to do all 5 then hopefully your team did all 5 gens. Getting dull totems is never a waste unless you are certain there is no NOED, only way you can confirm it now is by figuring out all four of his perks by playing.

It doesn't sound like you've used SG, unless you are playing on certain maps and keep looking around you, you will quickly scout the entire map and confirm that there are no more left, yes... even without doing all 5 yourself... Try using the perk before making up your mind.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

The only thing I think they need to do with NOED is give it some sort of tell. Give it some basic, almost non-effect before end game that a survivor can pick up on and be like "that's a NOED".

Like for example if the killer has Agitation you can tell they have it not just by how fast they move but by the TR increase when carrying. Devour has a tell that at 2 stacks the killer will just fly away from the hook with the increased movement speed. This is the sort of stuff that gives away the perk, but only to survivors that pay attention to it.

Like it can be something simple. When a killer kicks a gen the sparks are red for 10 seconds after kicking it. This is something you might only barely notice but it would give away that killer has NOED and if you pick up on that you can properly counter play it by doing totems before end game (or taking note of where totems spawned so you can run around and find it quickly if you're a ballsy type of survivor that wants more points). It also gives the killer an option where they can keep NOED hidden by just not kicking gens. Yea it's a bit counter-productive as killer but considering that NOED is there to counter gen rushing it might make sense in some contexts. But this in an of itself could be a tell, as an astute survivor would notice you never kick gens, so maybe NOED. Killers could even do this as bait if they don't have a NOED to make survivors waste time on totems.

Mechanically I've come to accept NOED. It's just lame that you can be taken totally by surprise by it and the killer can turn a losing game into a winning one. I've been using NOED on my Trapper just as a counter to gen rush and there are times where I know I wouldn't have gotten a 4k without it. Other times I know it's a bit unfair to the remaining survivors that I have it. I'm fine with NOED having some give-away just because it would mean survivors slow down on gens, which is ultimately what I really want as killer.

Also, the only problem with DS for me as killer is that more than 1 person can have it, and the non-obsession DS is WAY more powerful than the obsession DS because you don't see it coming. Against the obsession I can juggle them, slug them, set up some sort of inescapable situation if I'm Trapper or Hag and just eat the DS. But against the others you have no way to know and thus no way to counter play it. You just eat a DS and it's annoying as hell. DS should only be available to the obsession. If you want to make sure you get DS as a solo survivor then sacrifice a perk slot for another obsession perk (which I admit SS and OOO needs some love, and survivors need more obsession perks in general, killers have 5). DS itself is fine, it's only broken when multiple survivors use it against you. There's no reason for a non-obsession to DS you.

• nomorevideos

@micsan said:

@nomorevideos said:

@micsan said:

@Milo said:

@nomorevideos said:

@Milo said:
    DwightsLifeMatters said:

Funbag5 said:

That's survivors fault.

First off, it's not that hard to find all 5 totems, definitely not with SG. If you have to do all 5 then hopefully your team did all 5 gens. Getting dull totems is never a waste unless you are certain there is no NOED, only way you can confirm it now is by figuring out all four of his perks by playing.

It doesn't sound like you've used SG, unless you are playing on certain maps and keep looking around you, you will quickly scout the entire map and confirm that there are no more left, yes... even without doing all 5 yourself... Try using the perk before making up your mind.

I don't use SG because it's a waste of a perk slot. You might think it's not a big deal but in reality you're wasting a lot of time running around and doing totems. 14 seconds I believe per totem and that's just cleansing it. You also have to run around and look for them, if you don't go for all 5 totems then using SG is a waste. But going for all 5 totems will also waste a lot of time, setting you back 1-2 gens. At that point the killer doesn't even need NOED because you've effectively killed off your entire team.

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828
    NOED is fine the way it is. There are multiple counters to it:
    1 Acoid killer at all costs
    2 Escape early
    3 Or just...break totems before all 5 gens are done! It’s really not that hard.
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@Funbag5 said:

Okay, lets remove 2 perks from the game, hey while at it lets nerf freddy again (this is sarcasm) these two perks can easily be either countered(for noed) or you use a tactic to avoid ds(dribbling)

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@Acromio said:

@Tsulan said:

I loved just reading that

• thesuicidefox

@nomorevideos said:
    I don't use SG because it's a waste of a perk slot. You might think it's not a big deal but in reality you're wasting a lot of time running around and doing totems. 14 seconds I believe per totem and that's just cleansing it. You also have to run around and look for them, if you don't go for all 5 totems then using SG is a waste. But going for all 5 totems will also waste a lot of time, setting you back 1-2 gens. At that point the killer doesn't even need NOED because you've effectively killed off your entire team.

SG is a wasted perk slot because it's not hard to learn all the totem spawn locations. Generally only 1 totem will spawn per tile and they are spread somewhat evenly around the map, so all you need to do is check the usual spots on tiles where a totem wasn't already placed.

And breaking the totems is a waste of time. You should only break the totems that would be hard to get to at the end of the game or are really well hidden. More often you are better off just taking note of where the totem spawned and then going back to check if it's lit when the gates power.

• nomorevideos

@thesuicidefox said:

@nomorevideos said:

SG is a wasted perk slot because it's not hard to learn all the totem spawn locations. Generally only 1 totem will spawn per tile and they are spread somewhat evenly around the map, so all you need to do is check the usual spots on tiles where a totem wasn't already placed.

And breaking the totems is a waste of time. You should only break the totems that would be hard to get to at the end of the game or are really well hidden. More often you are better off just taking note of where the totem spawned and then going back to check if it's lit when the gates power.

How big is 1 tile again? because I don't know how much they ######### with spawns, but last year I found 2 or 3 totems inside the store house. Not to mention even now they often spawn very close together (within 15m range).

• BlackReaper
    BlackReaper Member Posts: 134

@Tsulan said:

nailed it, remove noed so we can gen rush properly hahhahahaahah

• thesuicidefox

@nomorevideos said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@nomorevideos said:

How big is 1 tile again? because I don't know how much they [BAD WORD] with spawns, but last year I found 2 or 3 totems inside the store house. Not to mention even now they often spawn very close together (within 15m range).

Shack is 1 tile. Sometimes more than 1 can spawn on a tile but it's rare. More often they will spawn on adjacent tiles but still be close together.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Funbag5 said:
    Yes please