Did Kate Summon The Entity?

Options
scoobydoomh
scoobydoomh Member Posts: 47

In Kate's lore, it describes how she was taken into The Realm. Right before she was taken, she was playing a song on her guitar that seemed strange, unnatural and "dark". It goes on to say that "the leaves vibrated in unison with the guitar strings and the boughs of the trees lengthened, coalescing into a living form". This seems to imply that her song had some magical properties and the "connection to nature" she has also seems to be unnatural and magical as the forest speaks to her and "reward(s) her with constant inspiration". This could possibly mean that she summoned or at least attracted The Entity with her song.

Comments

• Psylocker101
    Psylocker101 Member Posts: 18
    Options

Possibly I find her backstory to be quite strange comparing to the others, I believe that she is the 1st survivor in a long chain of survivor backstories that will reveal more about the entity. From what I can recall no one else actually saw anything they just appeared by the campfire, or am I mistaken?
    If I am not she is the 1st one to see the entity ( or the actual cause of it ) appearing in that forest.

• bevdog67
    bevdog67 Member Posts: 57
    Options

Well, it seems that The Clown was watching her from a distance. The entity might have just snatched Kate to coax The Clown into coming to the fog.

• Psylocker101
    Psylocker101 Member Posts: 18
    Options

@bevdog67 said:
    Well, it seems that The Clown was watching her from a distance. The entity might have just snatched Kate to coax The Clown into coming to the fog.

did he? Isnt he like in the fog actually for a long time like from the 50s?

• JusticeZERO
    JusticeZERO Member Posts: 171
    Options

@Psylocker101 said:
    Possibly I find her backstory to be quite strange comparing to the others, I believe that she is the 1st survivor in a long chain of survivor backstories that will reveal more about the entity. From what I can recall no one else actually saw anything they just appeared by the campfire, or am I mistaken?
    If I am not she is the 1st one to see the entity ( or the actual cause of it ) appearing in that forest.

Hopefully this is the start of the devs addressing "Please add more lore" since it hasn't really been expanded upon in awhile.

That would be cool if she ACTUALLY summoned the entity, like maybe all of the survivors summoned the entity in their own ways and we just never knew? ret-con incoming lol :chuffed:

• scoobydoomh
    scoobydoomh Member Posts: 47
    Options

@JusticeZERO said:

@Psylocker101 said:

Hopefully this is the start of the devs addressing "Please add more lore" since it hasn't really been expanded upon in awhile.

That would be cool if she ACTUALLY summoned the entity, like maybe all of the survivors summoned the entity in their own ways and we just never knew? ret-con incoming lol :chuffed:

I really hope they go more into depth with the lore. I don't know if my idea is too far-fetched, but then again, the whole lore itself is obscure and crazy. It really would be interesting if all of the survivors summoned The Entity in some way. They never really did give very many details around how the other survivors were taken so I guess it's possible.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    edited June 2018
    Options

Devs said that the Entity's presence is stronger in some places, and Kate's lore says that she found inspiration mostly in a certain place in the wood (were in the end she is kidnapped). Personally I think the Entity was what inspired her, maybe to make her grow with a will strong enough to endure the Entity's trials.

Post edited by White_Owl on
  • Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options
    Speaking of the new DLC the clown seems like the first character we've gotten so far that has willingly gone into the entity's world.

We know every other character both survivors and killers were dragged in alive against their will with the exception of Bill Tapp and Amanda who were either dead already or on the brink of death when The Entity pulled them in.

But from Kenneth or Jeffery backstory he seems to have willingly gone into the Fog and set up camp in the entity's realms as he is freely able to move around the realms as he so chooses rather than being locked into his own specific one like the others
  • profaned
    profaned Member Posts: 55
    Options
    Speaking of the new DLC the clown seems like the first character we've gotten so far that has willingly gone into the entity's world.

We know every other character both survivors and killers were dragged in alive against their will with the exception of Bill Tapp and Amanda who were either dead already or on the brink of death when The Entity pulled them in.

But from Kenneth or Jeffery backstory he seems to have willingly gone into the Fog and set up camp in the entity's realms as he is freely able to move around the realms as he so chooses rather than being locked into his own specific one like the others.

Well in Mr.meyers lore (dbd) Benedict says he didn't come here unwillingly also don't forget leatherface also went Into the entity's realm when he was at the brink of death