Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Wouldn't the community be much better if...

Milord
Milord Member Posts: 273
We 'force' people to play survivor and killer equally? I mean, I know we can't force people to play a game that they don't want to play, but every time I read those "this is toxic, that is toxic" posts, the first thing that come to my mind is, "do you even play the other side?".

Comments

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Some people just don't find the other side fun...

Plus we all saw how this when down with the Halloween event...
  • JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

The game gets played by many young smart asses that are way too competitive. No treatment possible

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273
    JanTheMan said:

I wasn't here yet then. Is it that bad?
  • JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Milord said:
    JanTheMan said:

I wasn't here yet then. Is it that bad?
    The que times for killers became really bad. Since the only way to get the event cosmetics was to play both sides.
  • Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

I have played both sides. I just play Survivor more (a lot more) because it's more fun for me.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

@Vietfox said:
    DbD community would be way better if they realized this is just a damn game and stopped being so damn sensitive. Just saying.

All online gaming communities are toxic. I have never seen one that isn't a toxic cesspool of glorious vacuousness.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

As much as people should play the other side so that they can get a feel for the full balance, forcing people to do so would kill the game. Removing player choice is never a good idea.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

I get the point you are trying to make, but this game requires 80% of the players to be survivors for a match to even start. Obviously you can't require players to spend 50% of their time playing each side. The math just doesn't add up.

• Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

While the sentiment is valid, mechanically it wouldn't work, and at the very least, people wouldn't go for the spirit of it.

I just actually posted in a thread where I literally thought "Have you even played survivor?" Guy complaining about the hatch. (my standard response is always "Oh, ok! Let's get rid of it! So, when there's 2 gens left, I'm the last survivor standing, and I refuse to touch a gen.. Who's going to dc first?" Admittedly, the hatch standoff aspect REALLY needs attention. But the hatch, conceptually and (generally) mechanically? Perfectly fine.) It also seems like people don't think things through as to what they want/demand (read previous section). It doesn't help that it seems that people either forget, or don't care, that the other side is a human player also, and they should get to have fun too..

• lindechene
    lindechene Member Posts: 76

The community would be better off when five players queue solo and the killer is selected randomly.

Why?

• Every player would then be affected to changes to both killers and survivors.
    • Every player would have a basic understanding of the challenges of playing both sides.

A huge part of this whole toxicity is created because some people queue with their friends and the first one to die he has to sit there passively watching the rest of the game.

This could be address so that players who die spawn as either "helpers" to the survivor or "assistants" to the killer.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited January 2019

@lindechene said:
    The community would be better off when five players queue solo and the killer is selected randomly.

Why?

• Every player would then be affected to changes to both killers and survivors.
    • Every player would have a basic understanding of the challenges of playing both sides.

A huge part of this whole toxicity is created because some people queue with their friends and the first one to die he has to sit there passively watching the rest of the game.

This could be address so that players who die spawn as either "helpers" to the survivor or "assistants" to the killer.

If you've ever played F13, this would just make people who don't get Killer quit and vice versa.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

you shouldn't require it but for those that don't play the other side perhaps a bonus to bp or shards for playing x games as other side in a weeks time. It'd be like dailies but only a weekly thing but you're not forced into playing a specific character.

So if you're a killer and get the option to play as a survivor but you get to choose the survivor you want to play not be forced into doing the daily for any specific one. The same is true for survivors going to play killer, and when we're starting out we all hated the Nurse/Wraith dailies.

For most people trying the other side they'd go for Huntress or Trapper etc since those are easiest to learn with.