The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Lunar Event

SH1FTY423
SH1FTY423 Member Posts: 85
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
Am I calculating this right as far as I know survivors can only get one Lantern per game but the killer will have the potential to destroy 7 how is that not easier for Killers? is there a point adjustment or what's the deal there do you guys have any input on this? The Dev Stream was unclear on this.

Best Answers

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    edited January 2019 Answer ✓
    But i think killers get less points for smashing than taking a lantern
    Post edited by antgnstea on

Answers

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    From what I understand both sides can earn points by playing regularly. The difference being that survivors can earn bonus points by escaping with a lantern and killers can earn bonus points from smashing the lanterns.

This might all be wrong, but this is what I have heard.
  • SH1FTY423
    I understand the concept but it seems like the killers have more potential 2 earn since survivors can only get one Lantern and a killer can smash 7
  • SH1FTY423
    SH1FTY423 said:
    I understand the concept but it seems like the killers have more potential 2 earn since survivors can only get one Lantern and a killer can smash 7

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Survivors earn 4 points for a Generator, That's 20 points each per game if all are completed. Which should be easy considering how quickly gens are getting done and the points remain even if you die afterwards.
    and Then there's an added bonus of an extra 25 if you escape with the Vessel.

That's 45 if you get the gens done and escape with a vessel.

Killer earns 2 points per Hook, a Perfect game that's 30 points which is considerably much harder to get than 5 gens. and only 3 extra Points to destroy the vessel which again will be a little bit more difficult to do since a survivor has to be on a hook for them to be able to be destroyed.

That's 33 If only the base 2 vessels spawn and you manage to destroy them in time.

Honestly, the answer is to rush the Gens for those quick 20 points each and get out asap with the vessel, This is going to be a lot of people's strategy and honestly make it harder for Killers in terms of the event.

• SH1FTY423
    edited January 2019
    Allready see how the next few weeks is gonna  go.I just hope it's not as bad as the hallowed blight was.
  • antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    SH1FTY423 said:
    Allready see how the next few weeks is gonna  go.I just hope it's not as bad as the hallowed blight was.
    I feel like nothing can be as bad as blight event. :) 
    I’ve high hopes for this one though. It seems quite  challenging and different, hopefully in the best way. 
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@SH1FTY423 said:

Killers have limited time not sure how many will seek Lanterns over survivors to hook. Map pressure can only be applied by certain killers. I maybe wrong we will have to see how it works but i don't think they will have enough time for both.

• SH1FTY423
    So far so good definitely adds a challenging aspect to the game little bit more difficult than it used to be I find it rather fun ....good job so far.
  • SH1FTY423
    edited January 2019
    I spoke too soon first game in already picked up a lantern and it didn't show up in the top Corner when I picked it up it vanished when hooked it dissappeared as in didn't go to hook here we go again
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

What sucks for killers is that if I understood correctly, to get all the potential points, people have to use offerings.

If survivors can get 45 points without using offerings, killers should be able to do the same thing. At least as long as they use 1 offering for themselves.

• SH1FTY423
    At this point I can only make progress if I play as Killer