The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

It's funny swf...

Arroz
Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

It's funny how killer main complain about SWF teams with voice chat... But the game is nominated as "best with friends" at the steam awards .. what a coincidence,...

Comments

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited January 2019
    Arroz said:

It's funny how killer main complain about SWF teams with voice chat... But the game is nominated as "best with friends" at the steam awards .. what a coincidence,...

Its mostly becaise the game was built around solo play hence why bond and aftercare exists. Having an swf on comms has spme serious imbalances. You can run a object of obssesion uav drone that hangs around an obnoxious loop and constantly update your team on the killers position.

Gens are done faster as the team awares each other of any gen that are close to being done that a solo survivour could miss. Adrenaline is devastating on a co-ordinated team. If one survivour spots a hex totem everyone knows where it is. The list goes on but the point is swf still needs some tweaks. It shouldnt be removed.

The co ordination and advantages of swf should come with consequnces i.e. slower gen progression a single use mori for killer. Maybe two hooks states im spitballing ideas but its undeniable that swf is a little to strong and needs to be toned down in some way that gives the killer a chance. 
  • Arroz

@Zarathos said:
    Arroz said:

Its mostly becaise the game was built around solo play hence why bond and aftercare exists. Having an swf on comms has spme serious imbalances. You can run a object of obssesion uav drone that hangs around an obnoxious loop and constantly update your team on the killers position.

Gens are done faster as the team awares each other of any gen that are close to being done that a solo survivour could miss. Adrenaline is devastating on a co-ordinated team. If one survivour spots a hex totem everyone knows where it is. The list goes on but the point is swf still needs some tweaks. It shouldnt be removed.

The co ordination and advantages of swf should come with consequnces i.e. slower gen progression a single use mori for killer. Maybe two hooks states im spitballing ideas but its undeniable that swf is a little to strong and needs to be toned down in some way that gives the killer a chance. 

The problem is voice chat and devs can't do anything because they are Third-party programs..

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    This game works way better with voice chat. It's important and more fun if the survivors can comunicate with each other. But the game needs balancing in order for this to actually work. Nerfing SWF is heavily nerfing Solo players. Buffing solo players heavily buffs SWF. So i would say, make this game more about communication but also balance it so killers don't have the bullshit that they have to deal with now.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Arroz said:

@Zarathos said:
    Arroz said:

The problem is voice chat and devs can't do anything because they are Third-party programs..

Oh the devs can certainly do something.
    How about balancing the game around voice comms e.g.?

• Arroz

@Broosmeister said:
    This game works way better with voice chat. It's important and more fun if the survivors can comunicate with each other. But the game needs balancing in order for this to actually work. Nerfing SWF is heavily nerfing Solo players. Buffing solo players heavily buffs SWF. So i would say, make this game more about communication but also balance it so killers don't have the bullshit that they have to deal with now.

Agree with you, it will be unfun if they delete swf... But it's fun comunicate with each other but it's unbalanced for the killer..

• Arroz

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Zarathos said:
    Arroz said:

That's a good idea

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Zarathos said:
    Arroz said:

That's a good idea

It is, but the devs refuse to add voice chat in-game or balance around it. Even with the majority already using voice chat because of SWF. It's silly. If the devs were so against voice coms they shouldn't have added SWF in the first place! This is the biggest problem with the game and the source of most other problems (genrush, Nurses & Billys only, toxic troll groups, ruin and BBQ in every match, etc.).

They say they want to buff solos to the level of SWF and then later buff/rework killers. The thing is they said that 1 year ago. They've done nothing major to close the gap between SWF and solos since then. Which even if they did the gap could only be truly closed by adding voice chat in-game, something they've ruled out. In the meantime killers are just supposed to bear and grin it with SWF or only play Nurse. This of course gets boring for survivors facing the same killer every time.

• Arroz

@Okapi said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Zarathos said:
    Arroz said:

That's a good idea

It is, but the devs refuse to add voice chat in-game or balance around it. Even with the majority already using voice chat because of SWF. It's silly. If the devs were so against voice coms they shouldn't have added SWF in the first place! This is the biggest problem with the game and the source of most other problems (genrush, Nurses & Billys only, toxic troll groups, ruin and BBQ in every match, etc.).

They say they want to buff solos to the level of SWF and then later buff/rework killers. The thing is they said that 1 year ago. They've done nothing major to close the gap between SWF and solos since then. Which even if they did the gap could only be truly closed by adding voice chat in-game, something they've ruled out. In the meantime killers are just supposed to bear and grin it with SWF or only play Nurse. This of course gets boring for survivors facing the same killer every time.

Agree with you! And yeah it gets boring face all the time nurses with bbq and ruin.. Today i faced like 3 nurses in a row..

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

You find it funny until you go against a optimal SWF team on comms

• Arroz

@JoannaVO said:

Uhm? Cof Cof 5 blinks nurse Cof Cof Ebony mori.. Insta down hatchets/clown bottles COF COF NOED!?

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

@Arroz said:

@JoannaVO said:

Uhm? Cof Cof 5 blinks nurse Cof Cof Ebony mori.. Insta down hatchets/clown bottles COF COF NOED!?

Are you seriously comparing SWF to broken add-ons?

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

@Arroz said:

@JoannaVO said:

Yes the Nurse is broken and should be reworked. Yet all those things you listed need to be unlocked through bloodwebs using Bloodpoints. Stuff like Ebony Moris aren't exactly common. You have to grind to get them.

SWF with voice coms is available from the start. It requires no blood points or grind to unlock. Best of all it provides all the survivor aura perks for FREE! This frees up perk slots for other more meta perks like DC, BT, SC, etc.

• JoannaVO

@Arroz said:

@JoannaVO said:

As if you go against that every SWF match... Not even 10% chance of going against a nurse with this build. This example does not add anything.
    And hm, if it really affects the quality of your gameplay then you could choose to play solo. Can't always have everything. Many killers who have been playing around for a while know that SWF teams can be very annoying to go against.

• Arroz

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

@JoannaVO said:

Instadown addons are available all the game like DS oh and why you didn't answered me in this discussion by calling me survivor main ;)? You only answer what suits you, huh? https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/293215#Comment_293215

• Arroz

@Okapi said:

@Arroz said:

@JoannaVO said:

Yes the Nurse is broken and should be reworked. Yet all those things you listed need to be unlocked through bloodwebs using Bloodpoints. Stuff like Ebony Moris aren't exactly common. You have to grind to get them.

SWF with voice coms is available from the start. It requires no blood points or grind to unlock. Best of all it provides all the survivor aura perks for FREE! This frees up perk slots for other more meta perks like DC, BT, SC, etc.

Agree with you.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

@Arroz said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

@JoannaVO said:

Instadown addons are available all the game like DS oh and why you didn't answered me in this discussion by calling me survivor main ;)? You only answer what suits you, huh? https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/293215#Comment_293215

Nice, thanks for deliberately changing the conversation

yeah you simply cant imply i should use instadown and broken add-ons to counter DS and SWF every one of my games because that is boring for both sides.

you are extremely survivor biased, sorry, i dont care if you are a rank one trapper with legacy and bloody coil, if you still dont play survivor and killer equally you should keep your opinion about the game to yourself unless you want real balance, not just your side being stronger

• Arroz

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

@JoannaVO said:

yeah you simply cant imply i should use instadown and broken add-ons to counter DS and SWF every one of my games because that is boring for both sides.

you are extremely survivor biased, sorry, i dont care if you are a rank one trapper with legacy and bloody coil, if you still dont play survivor and killer equally you should keep your opinion about the game to yourself unless you want real balance, not just your side being stronger

I am 60 survivor/40 killer I know how this game work, killers dont want to their perks/addons get touched and they want to survivors items/perks all of the meta get nerfed, I've seen more survivors admitting that DS is op tha killers saying that IH is op.

• JoannaVO
    Arroz said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

@JoannaVO said:

I am 60 survivor/40 killer I know how this game work, killers dont want to their perks/addons get touched and they want to survivors items/perks all of the meta get nerfed, I've seen more survivors admitting that DS is op tha killers saying that IH is op.

You clearly aren't a killer from the red ranks else you'd understand why killers say certain things. 
  • Arroz

@JoannaVO said:
    Arroz said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

@JoannaVO said:

You clearly aren't a killer from the red ranks else you'd understand why killers say certain things. 

Uhm?

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    edited January 2019
    Arroz said:

Funny how killer main complain about SWF and in the next post your complaining about lobby dodging... see how this works yet? Are you seeing the reason why your dodged? 
    I’ll give you a clue it ain’t your P3 Quentin...
  • Arroz

@Paddy4583 said:
    Arroz said:

Funny how killer main complain about SWF and in the next post your complaining about lobby dodging... see how this works yet? Are you seeing the reason why your dodged? 
    I’ll give you a clue it ain’t your P3 Quentin 

It just was for show my rank not the p3 quentin anyone can be good without prestige, umm do you read patch notes? killers are getting a lot of buffs and survivor are getting nerfed and they still refuse to play against 3 toolboxes, If a swf with 4 toolboxes join my lobby i'll equip franklin's demise or overwhelming presence, problem fixed let's play :)

• Paddy4583
    Arroz said:

@Paddy4583 said:
    Arroz said:

I’ll give you a clue it ain’t your P3 Quentin 

It just was for show my rank not the p3 quentin anyone can be good without prestige, umm do you read patch notes? killers are getting a lot of buffs and survivor are getting nerfed and they still refuse to play against 3 toolboxes, If a swf with 4 toolboxes join my lobby i'll equip franklin's demise or overwhelming presence, problem fixed let's play :)

Irrelevant 
  • Arroz

@Paddy4583 said:

Uhm, that's what you only have to say?

• Paddy4583
    edited January 2019
    Arroz said:

@Paddy4583 said:

Yes, because it’s irrelevant and inaccurate so there’s no point following you down your rabbit hole, enjoy your trip Alice oh and don’t drink it 
  • Arroz

@Paddy4583 said:
    Arroz said:

@Paddy4583 said:

Yes, because it’s irrelevant and inaccurate so there’s no point following you down your rabbit hole, enjoy your trip Alice oh and don’t drink it 

@Paddy4583 said:
    Arroz said:

@Paddy4583 said:

Mk, it looks like you dont have arguments, have a good night!

• Paddy4583
    Arroz said:

@Paddy4583 said:
    Arroz said:

@Paddy4583 said:

@Paddy4583 said:
    Arroz said:

@Paddy4583 said:

Mk, it looks like you dont have arguments, have a good night!

In the words of Mark Twain 
    “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”