The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The End of DBD

No I don’t this game is going to out right “Die” 
Especially not on PC. 
But for Console however. I think unless there’s drastic changes. There’s not long left. 
Ive wrote up a few questions and topics and have had some good conversations but have not got told any definitive answer from somebody important. 
Not on Twitter, not here, not on the game streams. 
But ive checked Twitter. Read a lot of players tweets about the waiting times on console. It’s ######### shocking. The amount of people tweeting the DBD page BEGGING for the game to be fixed is terrible. 
A lot of people are in the same place I am. Inches away from leaving the game for good. 
The waiting times aren’t the only problem. 
You cant find a survivor game without waiting 20 minutes. So you try killer. Play a game or 2 and outta nowhere your frame rates drop and it becomes unplayable. 
The game is in the worst condition I’ve ever seen it in and I’ve played it since day one of console drop.
But hey at least we’ll have an event to watch PC players take part in on YouTube cause no chance it’ll work at all for console 🙄🙄

Comments

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    edited January 2019
    Devs are pretty good at ignoring things. They started to completely ignore me and any question or suggestion of me lately. Probably because I'm one of the person who points out straight problems and mistakes of the devs. I feel sorry for you console players. We pc players don't have it good, but I know you guys have it even worse.
    Post edited by DwightsLifeMatters on
  • Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Not just that, I seem to run into the same people all the time in red ranks, as if no one else plays the game. Seems like there’s too much competition and too many other great games out there for people to want to stick around for this game...
  • Beckzfeehan7
    Beckzfeehan7 Member Posts: 104
    Not just that, I seem to run into the same people all the time in red ranks, as if no one else plays the game. Seems like there’s too much competition and too many other great games out there for people to want to stick around for this game...
    Also agree with you there. As killer I’m coming across the same people over and over again. Maybe the games just seen it's time. 
    I love it still and it’ll always have its Hardcore playerbase. But casual player wise I think it’s lost MASSIVE numbers and it’s messing up the whole game. 
  • ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

Console solo queue times are a ######### nightmare.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    That’s why I ask killers not to dodged based on assumptions. They are making it worse for solo survivors.
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

The devs do the bare minimum needed in order to meet the status quo.

• Gorgonia
    I would like to see what the player base is. I assume it goes up a bit once a month with events and once per quarter when the new DLC is released, but it then goes down to the same few.
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Just buy a PC  and come play with the adults.
  • Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273
    Just buy a PC  and come play with the adults.
    That would make the problem worse for other console gamers, but I guess PC got 99 problems but console ain't one. (It sounds better in my head...)
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    powerbats said:

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Devs are pretty good at ignoring things. They started to completely ignore me and any question or suggestion of me lately. Probably because I'm one of the person who points out straight problems and mistakes of the devs. I feel sorry for you console players. We pc players don't have it good, but I know you guys have it even worse.

Translation: They didn't like me being a jerk and proposing things that were unrealistic and when they didn't respond I got mad and started being an even bigger jerk.

There fixed that for you.

I noticed you talk a lot bullshit. Can you proof your point this time or is it again some bullshit coming out of your head?
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Not to excuse them taking forever to optimize console, but it's more than likely they never thought about putting this game on console.
    They didn't think about dedicated servers either.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I noticed you talk a lot bullshit. Can you proof your point this time or is it again some bullshit coming out of your head?

It's called common sense and logic and having been an admin and forum moderator over the last 30 years your posting history suggests the reasons on it's own.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    powerbats said:

It's called common sense and logic and having been an admin and forum moderator over the last 30 years your posting history suggests the reasons on it's own.

Can you bring examples or do you want to keep trashtalking? 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

powerbats said:

Why would I waste time trying to explain something to you if it's not already obvious and as far as trash talking goes i trash talk with others on here all the time.

@Tsulan and i trash talk each other off and on but neither one of us takes it seriously nor do we ever make it personal or cross the line. I do the same with others on here and they do with others as well since it keeps things lively but we never get personal.

• Mullato
    Mullato Member Posts: 104
    powerbats said:

powerbats said:

Why would I waste time trying to explain something to you if it's not already obvious and as far as trash talking goes i trash talk with others on here all the time.

@Tsulan and i trash talk each other off and on but neither one of us takes it seriously nor do we ever make it personal or cross the line. I do the same with others on here and they do with others as well since it keeps things lively but we never get personal.

Did I miss the part where he tagged you in his first post? 
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    powerbats said:

powerbats said:

So again backtracking. You are constantly backtracking, at this point u r a clown for me. 
  • KissyKissy
    KissyKissy Member Posts: 112

Im on PS4 and I honestly dont notice high wait times except for 2 a.m. playing survivor. Otherwise, I usually get a game right away.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Beckzfeehan7 said:
    Especially not on PC. 
    But for Console however. I think unless there’s drastic changes. There’s not long left. 
    Ive wrote up a few questions and topics and have had some good conversations but have not got told any definitive answer from somebody important. 
    But ive checked Twitter. Read a lot of players tweets about the waiting times on console. It’s [BAD WORD] shocking. The amount of people tweeting the DBD page BEGGING for the game to be fixed is terrible. 
    A lot of people are in the same place I am. Inches away from leaving the game for good. 
    You cant find a survivor game without waiting 20 minutes. So you try killer. Play a game or 2 and outta nowhere your frame rates drop and it becomes unplayable. 
    The game is in the worst condition I’ve ever seen it in and I’ve played it since day one of console drop.
    But hey at least we’ll have an event to watch PC players take part in on YouTube cause no chance it’ll work at all for console 🙄🙄

Actually im surprised how long console killers endured under such circumstances.

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited January 2019

@Gorgonia said:
    That’s why I ask killers not to dodged based on assumptions. They are making it worse for solo survivors.

Then lobby for SWF notification. If you think it is bad now just wait until all a killer faces is SWFs. Give it two weeks before the killer population is half of what it is now and your queue times double. They can try and assure survivors all they like but they can not force people to play something unenjoyable. There will be consequences.
    I can tell you when I log on to play and 9 out of 10 games are VOIP coordinated squads I'll close it right down and find something else to do. I will not carry on while the SWF teams have a laugh at my expense.
    It doesn't matter if they can be beat or if I need to change my playstyle to deal with them. I simply won't because I don't want to, nor have to and I don't wish to extend that advantage to people. Perhaps others will be so inclined. Either way, one less.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

At least you got 60FPS and up, tell me again how fun it is chasing a Survivor that 360°'s you and is halfway across the cornfield before the screen catches onto what happened! Or when a survivors's skill check timer jumps 1/3rd of the time in less than a heartbeat!

You should invest in a better tv (input lag) or internet. or a new console. Because my skill checks never have that issue. Also maybe turn up sensitivity. Because I've NEVER had someone get that far before I saw what happened. It's like saying you get 10 fps and literally cant see what happened. Which is absurd. 

Also, chasing is great. Probably the most fun part of the game. Even when you do it poorly you learn better tactics. Like when someone 360s side step them, or walk backwards to make sure they dont double up on you spinning. Plus its rewarding to catch that one survivor who thinks they're the #########.
    I mean, you dont want survivors to just FALL DOWN when you find them do you??
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Master said:

@Beckzfeehan7 said:
    Especially not on PC. 
    But ive checked Twitter. Read a lot of players tweets about the waiting times on console. It’s [BAD WORD] shocking. The amount of people tweeting the DBD page BEGGING for the game to be fixed is terrible. 

Actually im surprised how long console killers endured under such circumstances.

Trust me, It's not too bad on console. I remember what it was like. It's playable, not as fun as PC since u can't use Nurse but still decent.

• Master

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Beckzfeehan7 said:
    Especially not on PC. 

Trust me, It's not too bad on console. I remember what it was like. It's playable, not as fun as PC since u can't use Nurse but still decent.

The amount of tools survivors have to make a killer suffer is astonishing.
    I just played a freddy game, survivors used DS abused infinites, flashlights and all that crap. ANd you know what, in the end after I picked the last survivor up for my 4k, he exploits and makes my game crash. Im done playing killer again, I hope you all enjoy your queues.

• Fnatic47
    Fnatic47 Member Posts: 396

Right now even Friday the 13th game is not that broke xD

• Gorgonia

@Fnatic47 said:

whale den

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Fnatic47 said:

It's dead. Can't show how broken something is if nobody uses it in the first place.

• Poweas

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Beckzfeehan7 said:
    Especially not on PC. 

I just played a freddy game, survivors used DS abused infinites, flashlights and all that crap. ANd you know what, in the end after I picked the last survivor up for my 4k, he exploits and makes my game crash. Im done playing killer again, I hope you all enjoy your queues.

Man you're going to main survivor? Please tell me how you find it. I'd love to see if you still find it as braindead as it was back with the double exhaustion, pallet vacuum and those stuff.

• Master

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Beckzfeehan7 said:
    Especially not on PC. 

Man you're going to main survivor? Please tell me how you find it. I'd love to see if you still find it as braindead as it was back with the double exhaustion, pallet vacuum and those stuff.

Played already a few rounds and yes I find myself holding M1 half of the match.....
    DBD is the only competitive game where I can stand up and stretch during a ranked system, simply because I dont need to pay attention and can play with only the mouse in my hand

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

I don't understand why so many people say Dead by Daylight is in such a bad state. Like in the almost 3,000 hours I have played the game things would usually work out as they should. Game does has bugs but gameplay does usually not get affected so bad that it's unplayable.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Beckzfeehan7 said:
    Especially not on PC. 

I've been a Survivor main since the release of the game and Survivor is still braindead af. You just have less margin for error now, but that doesn't really matter when that margin is the size of the Grand Canyon.
  • Poweas

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Beckzfeehan7 said:
    Especially not on PC. 

Played already a few rounds and yes I find myself holding M1 half of the match.....
    DBD is the only competitive game where I can stand up and stretch during a ranked system, simply because I dont need to pay attention and can play with only the mouse in my hand

Yeah tbf the gen part is braindead. Try chasing?

• Master

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Beckzfeehan7 said:
    Especially not on PC. 

Yeah tbf the gen part is braindead. Try chasing?

Well thats the only part that involves skill.
    But the killer will always chase only one survivors, the other 3 are holding M1, so.....