Suggestion for End Game Exit Pressure

What if the entity started to use the exit gates as another tool to give survivors false hope? Lol - survivor main here :)

Mode: Exit Roulette

Some examples:

Once an exit gate is opened, should a survivor walk past the entrance threshold but does not exit the trial, they can no longer enter back on to the map. Survivor is waiting in exit area...but by doing so, it is risky if killer should catch him/her at exit gate and can mori on spot. (Think Tombstone)

The entity adds a 3rd door to the map. This 3rd door is a "fake door" once exit switch is completed, the door does not open and essentially wasted the survivors time lol. Survivor must find another door.

Timed Door: Once exit gate is open, every 90 seconds, the door closes again. A survivor would have to open the door again if closed however it would take considerately less time to open after it closed. The door is allowed to be open twice. After that, the entity locks all doors on map and killer can mori/hook all survivors left on map who didn't exit.

All the while, the killer still can possibly find you regardless of exit gameplay.

Do you risk yourself and/or your team trying to save others, do other things or do you selfishly leave the trial? "Make Your Choice" lol

Just some (fun) end game stuff to make the game risky and exciting during those last few minutes of a trial. I want this game to be intense again like all of our very first few trials of this game. :) 

Comments

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

Get ready for the amount of negative reviews if they'd add this

• t3hp0larbear
    t3hp0larbear Member Posts: 76
    edited January 2019

I'm a survivor main and frankly seeing the rest of my team stick around after both gates are open leaves a bad taste in my mouth, since it's usually to taunt or bully the killer as if asserting dominance mattered. I'd honestly like to see some more pressure put on escapes to punish cheeky survivors getting too big for their britches.

The first one I wouldn't say that it should be done on the first pass, maybe second or third. Sometimes you're about to make your own escape but change your mind and want to go for that last hook save for altruism points. Or maybe the entity blocks off the threshold back into the map if the killer enters the exit gate area?

I gotta say I'd kinda like to see the 3rd door idea as a secret rare or ultra-rare offering for killers. Maybe have it give a randomized subtle hint while opening it that it's fake - one of: no sparks when the switch is thrown, the lights flicker, slowly warping textures, or pitch-shifted opening sound effects. Something that an astute survivor would notice, but not give it away at a glance or could be easily missed if they were under pressure.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    edited January 2019

I don't like the third door idea.

Timed Door: Once exit gate is open, every 90 seconds, the door closes again. A survivor would have to open the door again if closed however it would take considerately less time to open after it closed. The door is allowed to be open twice. After that, the entity locks all doors on map and killer can mori/hook all survivors left on map who didn't exit.

If a survivor is behind that door, that means that the killer can no longer reach them (except nurse). It's the best way to keep the game hostage.

So I see what you're trying to achieve here;

they can no longer enter back on to the map. Survivor is waiting in exit area...but by doing so, it is risky if killer should catch him/her at exit gate and can mori on spot.

You don't want the survivors to feel safe as a result of open exit gates, and I completely agree with you there, that that is a valid issue.

There are 2 elements to this:
    1. The survivor's ability to directly sit right next to the escape.
    2. The ability of a healthy survivor to reach the exit gates after being hit, against killers without any exposed effects, making the whole area around the exit gate a safe-zone.

Your solution solves the 1st one, which is good, but only occasionally addresses the 2nd. (If by chance the gate closes at exactly that time)

Otherwise there's still a safe-zone and your suggestion doesn't solve what (I think) you're trying to solve.