Killer Concept: The Arsonist

Options
Peanits
Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,377

This is something I came up with while I was bored at work. I think it's pretty cool. My mom thinks it's cool too, so maybe you guys will agree.

The Arsonist

LORE

Okay, let's just get this part out of the way. Jimbo over here saw a fire one day and couldn't stop watching it, started to set small fires in the backyard, one day accidentally sets the woods on fire, gets a craving for burning stuff, then starts to burn down houses. Entity takes him, you know the rest.

APPEARANCE

Creepy looking guy, about Freddy height, carrying a gas can and a lead pipe or other blunt object. Hands are scorched black and burned, rest of body covered in soot.

POWER

You have an knack for setting fires.

Primary ability: Fuel

• Holding down the power button will pour gas wherever you stand.
  • Your movement speed is reduced while pouring gas.
  • You have a limited supply of gas, shown in a meter around your power icon (similar to Michael Myers' Evil Within).
  • To get more gas, you must interact with a generator. Doing so will regress the generator by a percentage based on how much fuel you siphoned.

Secondary ability: Fire

• Pressing the secondary ability button (like the crouch button for the pig) while standing near poured gas will cause you to throw a match and ignite the gas.
  • Fire will quickly spread to any nearby gas.
  • Fires will stay lit for 30 seconds.
  • If a survivor crosses through a fire, they will enter the burning state. Burning survivors have 10 seconds to stop and extinguish the fire. (This is a short interaction that requires them to stand still for 2 seconds.) If the survivor fails to extinguish the flames, they will lose a health state (yes, that means you can go from injured to dying).

ADDON BUFFS (rough ideas)

• Thick smoke. Will blur your vision and make the world appear darker when within 10m of a fire.
  • Long lasting flames. Will increase duration of fires.
  • Faster movement while pouring. Allows you to move faster while pouring. (Fuel is poured faster proportionally, so you use the same amount of fuel to cover the same area, but you can do it quicker.)
  • Mangled effect. Severe burns increase the time it takes to heal.
  • Increased fuel carrying capacity.
  • Ultra rare: Survivors burned with suffer from the hindered effect until healed.

PERKS

Burn It Down
For each injured, hooked, or dying survivor, gain a 15%/20%/25% increase to progress degradation when breaking generators. (A.K.A. the progress goes down faster, I don't know how to word it better. Stacks, of course, so up to 100% total.)

Spark the Flame
Failing a generator skill check will apply the exposed status for 10/20/30 seconds.

Raging Inferno
While carrying a survivor, gain a 3%/4%/5% stronger grip (longer wiggle time, basically) for each survivor within a 16m radius. T3 only: Your attacks put survivors into the dying state.

STATS FOR NERDS

He's magnificently average! Base 4.6m/s speed, plain old lunge. Basically the same stat-wise as the trapper.

OTHER THINGS TO CONSIDER

• You cannot pour fuel around generators, hooks, or gates. This is to prevent hostage situations and to avoid long distance camping.
  • Gas will only stay on the ground for 300 seconds (five minutes). This is to prevent someone from just cheesing it and setting the whole map on fire.
  • ¯_(ツ)_/¯ Whatever else might cause problems.

EXPLANATION

The gist of it is a killer focused on controlling the map. Fires will allow you to disable key areas. The siphoning ability allows you to place gas traps more freely than other trap based killers because using your power will also allow you to regress generators, meaning less time lost in the end.

As a survivor, you'll want to avoid fires at all cost and always be thinking one step ahead. If you absolutely must cross through a fire, you'll need to get to a pallet or a window as soon as possible to buy yourself a few precious seconds to extinguish the fire.

For the perks: Burn It Down again focuses on controlling the map. Spark the Flame punishes survivors for being careless and bold, namely continuing to fix a generator as the killer approaches. Raging Inferno punishes people for trying to block the killer on their way to a hook.

Comments

• Cake1100
    Cake1100 Member Posts: 80
    Options

I really love this idea but I have question, will you be able to throw the match over pallets?
    So for example: you plant some oil next to the shack pallet - it gets smashed down, will you be able to throw the match over it to stop him from going? Maybe the match could be more like the huntress hatchet and you can throw it at quick speeds but in a certain radius? If you add this then it should have like a small cross-hair, other than that, I love it! :chuffed:

• swenpai
    swenpai Member Posts: 259
    Options

Pretty cool idea.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,377
    Options

@Cake1100 said:
    I really love this idea but I have question, will you be able to throw the match over pallets?
    So for example: you plant some oil next to the shack pallet - it gets smashed down, will you be able to throw the match over it to stop him from going? Maybe the match could be more like the huntress hatchet and you can throw it at quick speeds but in a certain radius? If you add this then it should have like a small cross-hair, other than that, I love it! :chuffed:

It could. I was thinking as long as you're 1-2 meters away you could toss it, so you should be able to toss it over pallets or through windows.

• Cake1100
    Cake1100 Member Posts: 80
    Options

@Peanits said:

@Cake1100 said:

It could. I was thinking as long as you're 1-2 meters away you could toss it, so you should be able to toss it over pallets or through windows.

Mmmm, exactly. I'm more interested in if you keep getting more fuel and connected it all up, will it all set on fire from a single match or will it more like the match can only light up like 5 meters on each side? FYI - You should add this to the wishlist so the devs may consider it?