The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Optimal Hag builds

Supernaut
Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Hi,
i've got about 20levels to go until I have all Perks at L3 for The Hag, what are your optimal builds?
I usually run
M&A
BBQ
MYC
Bloodhound (partially colourblind!)
What do you find synergizes well?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I run stbfl because sometimes I can get a hit and then be able to teleport immediately after to where the survivor ran. I personally don’t like exposed perks outside of Hex: Devour Hope, but that’s personal preference. I also run A Nurse’s Calling due to the reduced terror radius of hag. I used to run Sloppy Buthcer until I got BBQ, which makes killing survivors easier, but BBQ is just too good to pass up sometimes.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

BBQ is really not good for her but yeah, it is hard to ignore bloodpoint bonus especially since hag doesn't need addons, you can farm points and use them on killers like freddy or trapper.

A better build would be Ruin, MYC, sloppy butcher and either NOED or M&A.

My build is BBQ, Ruin, sloppy butcher and MYC.

It is strange that you don't use ruin on her since it gives you prep time for your traps and hag can defend her totems.

• LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    I run a really weird build with my hag, it tremendously slows the game down. The only problem, is playing against really good survivors it isn't very optimal because in the end, you basically have to play without perks.

Hex: Devour Hope
    Hex: Ruin
    Hex: Haunted Ground
    Hex: Thrill Of The Hunt

This perk is really fun to play with hag, because you can trap up all of your Hex's and for the most part keep them protected. This build is 100% dependent on either heavily protecting your totems, or just getting a really early hook. And a whole lot of luck. Losing ruin(or haunted ground) first, is absolutely your best case scenario, the survivors generally stop looking for the totems if that happens. Losing Thrill Of The Hunt early on is going to make for a really tough game.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Sloppy, Ruin, A Nurses calling and Moniter and Abuse. Use the green range addon and that turtle egg (green). Ez 4 man.

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460

Reads because keeps noticing a lot of hags on ps4 and not having luck with teammates or knowing the maps I'm on
    Don't mind me! :p

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited January 2019

Whispers, M&A, MYC, and Ruin/Sloppy, with range and duration add-ons. Very powerful.

Use Whispers to know when survivors are around. If it's dark, you probably won't be seen setting traps so spam them everywhere, like a spider web layout. If it's lit, then chances are good survivors will see you place the trap so be aware of this and put them down only if necessary or if you want to use that trap as a decoy (if for example another hidden trap is nearby). Combos perfectly with M&A to let you play stealthy but also keep tabs on where survivors are around the map.

MYC is almost a must on Hag. She's the only killer that can instantly return to a hook from potentially anywhere on the map (with Mint Rag). Most of the time you can catch the MYC guy, even if they don't set off the trap just return to the hook and pressure them to run and trigger a trap.

Ruin/Sloppy to slow the game down. I mostly use Ruin but have been trying Sloppy more and more because Ruin is too RNG.

The biggest thing with Hag is to set up a zone of control and stick to that area. Preferably the area where your totem plus some gens is so you can defend it. If someone leads you on a chase out of your zone, let them go. This is the hardest thing to do as killer but you really need to learn when to do this as Hag because if you chase without traps you will get looped until the cows come home. She is more effective when you play for map control, zoning, and spreading the damage. Once you catch someone, you can set up another zone and punish anyone that saves really hard.

I would drop BBQ on Hag. It's honestly worthless. Being a slow killer that relies on map pressure/zoning you're not going to go halfway across the map fast enough to catch anyone, and like I said before you don't want to chase without traps. This is why Whispers is so much better because it's a zoning perk. You want survivors to come to you not the other way around.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    I use M&A, Ruin, Nurses Calling and NOED on her, though I find I don't get to endgame often already so NOED is flexible. M&A works great with Nurses Calling on hag cause of her small terror radius.