The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Jason Voorhees to Dead by Daylight

Hi people of the fog, i think the title says everything. What is your opinion if somehow Jason Voorhees joined in Dead by Daylight ?!

Comments

• Faceless
    Faceless Member Posts: 121
    edited January 2019

No.

Copyright sucks. Friday the 13th is end for this.

• Faceless
    Faceless Member Posts: 121

I need to see Pinhead from hellraiser on dbd.

Holy *****

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    I prefer original killers due to BHVR being limited when it comes to license killers. However if they get permission to make cosmetics for him then yeah sure.
  • JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    What would be his power?
  • ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836
    I would like to see him.

Some versions would be much harder to get than others, but it’s not incredibly unrealistic depending on which one we're talking about.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Nah, let him stay in F13th. The curse might follow him to DbD.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    No. Legal issues have basically killed his game. We don’t need that to happen to DbD.
  • Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594
    Iceman said:
    I prefer original killers due to BHVR being limited when it comes to license killers. However if they get permission to make cosmetics for him then yeah sure.
    I’d actually prefer less cosmetics.

I don’t need any more on my to-grind list.
  • JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571

Are you insane? Hag barely has anything!

• JoyfulLeader

A Silent Hill update would be cool, maybe Heather and the Missionary from SH3

• Ajritoka

Exactly.

... I love that.
  • A_Crow
    A_Crow Member Posts: 193
    I'd like it but it's not gonna happen.
  • JoyfulLeader

@KillerRaccoon said:
    JoyfulLeader said:

@KillerRaccoon said:

Exactly.

... I love that.

Weird....

• Ajritoka
    I NEED Brenda from Scary Movie.
  • Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Iceman said:
    I’d actually prefer less cosmetics.

I don’t need any more on my to-grind list.
    Cosmetics are optional. Otherwise far as your grind list it give you a reason to keep playing the game so o guess it works. 
  • JoyfulLeader

@KillerRaccoon said:

Plz make that happen

• Ajritoka

@KillerRaccoon said:

Plz make that happen

At least we agree on that, XD.
  • NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
    edited January 2019

I like the character, but I don't want this game to get copystriked harder than PewDiePie. My personal picks for licensed characters easily would be Clementine from Telltale's TWD, as well as Springtrap coming in second. That's just my opinion tho.

• JoyfulLeader

@NightmareReborn said:
    I like the character, but I don't want this game to get copystriked harder than PewDiePie. My personal picks for licensed characters easily would be Clementine from Telltale's TWD, as well as Springtrap coming in second. That's just my opinion tho.

It's sad that most of the community hates FNAF because mainly the FNAF fan base's toxic community, I heard somewhere on Reddit that a DBD Dev said that she wanted a Fnaf dlc. We can only dream

• NightmareReborn
    edited January 2019

@JoyfulLeader said:

@NightmareReborn said:

It's sad that most of the community hates FNAF because mainly the FNAF fan base's toxic community, I heard somewhere on Reddit that a DBD Dev said that she wanted a Fnaf dlc. We can only dream

Yeah, the dev was in a livestream when she was asked "What licensed videogame characters would you want to see?" I'll admit myself that the FNaF fanbase isn't exactly the most desireable one. Atleast the community is aware of their issues. I would love to see Springtrap get into DbD, maybe he'll get a chance when the movie releases. If I had to choose between Clementine or Springtrap, I would probably say Clementine by just a fraction. The community from what I've seen has been plenty accepting of this idea: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/14216/clementine-from-telltales-twd-as-a-survivor.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i want to say no but if it happened i be ok with it.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited January 2019
    Orion said:

Nah, let him stay in F13th. The curse might follow him to DbD.

That curse were monkey devs that cant even revert back bad changes. Developers just didnt care about broken parts in their game Behaviour at least listen and can revert bad changes( for example when hatchets hit boxes got broken)
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    It's iffy. The big problem is his possible powers are already taken or would be very difficult to balance. I don't see Jason Voorhees being added ever, but I also wouldn't mind being wrong about it.
  • JoyfulLeader

@NightmareReborn said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@NightmareReborn said:

Yeah, the dev was in a livestream when she was asked "What licensed videogame characters would you want to see?" I'll admit myself that the FNaF fanbase isn't exactly the most desireable one. Atleast the community is aware of their issues. I would love to see Springtrap get into DbD, maybe he'll get a chance when the movie releases. If I had to choose between Clementine or Springtrap, I would probably say Clementine by just a fraction. The community from what I've seen has been plenty accepting of this idea: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/14216/clementine-from-telltales-twd-as-a-survivor.

Mature Clem would probably be the best choice out of all Telltale's walking dead games, she would probably have to be a stand-alone survivor though, but at least she wouldn't be no PC exclusive Bill LOL

As for FNAF, Springtrap is pretty much the only true killer out of all the seen characters, he might be able to have a map but I doubt a survivor will fit considering we have never seen any of the protagonists in the game, I don't know what his weapon would be though.

• NightmareReborn

@JoyfulLeader said:

@NightmareReborn said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@NightmareReborn said:

Mature Clem would probably be the best choice out of all Telltale's walking dead games, she would probably have to be a stand-alone survivor though, but at least she wouldn't be no PC exclusive Bill LOL

As for FNAF, Springtrap is pretty much the only true killer out of all the seen characters, he might be able to have a map but I doubt a survivor will fit considering we have never seen any of the protagonists in the game, I don't know what his weapon would be though.

Yeah, Clementine from the Final Season would be best. She's only 16, but they can bump the age as they did with Laurie. And hopefully she's no PC exclusive :chuffed:

I also think that Springtrap can't really have a survivor with him. There just isn't an overlying protagonist in the series. I think the map for a FNaF themed DLC would be either the location of the first game or the location of the third game. And for his weapon, I was thinking his fist or a fire ax.

• NightmareReborn

Also, I really, really hope the devs are looking over this post. There are some great ideas being thrown around in here!

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

No more licensed killers.
    Original killers only, thanks.

• Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
    If I had to be absolutely honest. I would love to see Jason since you'd be an alternate version of the trapper but at this point in time it's not really a reality just yet.

The developers of hinted several times that they are talking with other people about licenses but when it comes down to the license holders they have to be willing.

As it currently stands I believe we're going to get nothing but original killers and survivors because when it comes down to license it's way too much trouble especially since they only make money off the characters and can't sell any cosmetics. And I don't know about you but from a money standpoint I would like to make a character I can make clothes for people to buy then it character that you can just by and nothing else happens
  • HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    I think Jason would be quite underwhelming if brought to the game, i want someone like Mrs Doubtfire running around throwing cakes at you while trying to hit you with her frying pan. A fun killer. 
  • JoyfulLeader

@BigBubs said:

I'm not sure about that, they've already hinted at adding more Copyright dlcs

• JoyfulLeader

@HawkAyeTheNoo said:
    I think Jason would be quite underwhelming if brought to the game, i want someone like Mrs Doubtfire running around throwing cakes at you while trying to hit you with her frying pan. A fun killer. 

I kind of agree, a Friday the 13th chapter wouldn't really work out, For one, Jason is a brute force killer, but he would only have one Mori, and considering how most of the moris in this game are uncreative and kinda meh, and there would be no Camp Crystal Lake as a map because there would be no lake because there is a stupid brick wall surrounding everything and the dev team probably don't want to animate giant pools of water. And his power is difficult to think about, with all the other licensed killers, their power was fairly obvious to think about because of their in-movie abilities, Jason doesn't really have a specific ability in the film's besides becoming enraged and seemingly teleporting.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Mcote has stated that it would be incredibly difficult to get the license for him... and atm and in the future it's almost next to impossible... there was nice break in people requesting for him so much but now its getting annoying again because the swarm appears to be coming back 
  • JoyfulLeader
    edited January 2019

@Bravo0413 said:
    Mcote has stated that it would be incredibly difficult to get the license for him... and atm and in the future it's almost next to impossible... there was nice break in people requesting for him so much but now its getting annoying again because the swarm appears to be coming back 

I know, Jason wouldn't fit in with DBD at all, there are other licensed killers that I think would be perfect but sadly the community either doesn't want it or doesn't think about it. I think one of the reasons people want Jason in this game is because Friday the 13th game can't make anymore content and people want Jason to live on in the video game world.

• A_Crow

@JoyfulLeader said:

@NightmareReborn said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@NightmareReborn said:

Yeah, Clementine from the Final Season would be best. She's only 16, but they can bump the age as they did with Laurie. And hopefully she's no PC exclusive :chuffed:

I also think that Springtrap can't really have a survivor with him. There just isn't an overlying protagonist in the series. I think the map for a FNaF themed DLC would be either the location of the first game or the location of the third game. And for his weapon, I was thinking his fist or a fire ax.

I think the FNAF 2 map would work the best. He has never used a weapon so I don't know about that. Maybe his power could have something to do with the phantoms?
  • Fnatic47
    Fnatic47 Member Posts: 396

Attention that the director of the game didn t said "No" when a fan asked him for Jason of F13th. The words of the director was "In the future we will see.. Everything can happen."

• Fnatic47
    Fnatic47 Member Posts: 396
    edited February 2019

And people of the F13th devs, are losing money all the time... Maybe dbd could negociate with them like they did with Freddy Krueger, Leatherface and Micheal Mayers. Never say never guys :D

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Fnatic47 said:

Hi people of the fog, i think the title says everything. What is your opinion if somehow Jason Voorhees joined in Dead by Daylight ?!

Or what if they got the rights to one Jason outfit for the trapper as a licensed cosmetic, he's basically their version of Jason anyway if you think about it 
  • Aftertaste
    Aftertaste Member Posts: 315

@BigBubs said:

Nope, they will be at least one license

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    No thanks
  • OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    If I had to be absolutely honest. I would love to see Jason since you'd be an alternate version of the trapper but at this point in time it's not really a reality just yet.

The developers of hinted several times that they are talking with other people about licenses but when it comes down to the license holders they have to be willing.

As it currently stands I believe we're going to get nothing but original killers and survivors because when it comes down to license it's way too much trouble especially since they only make money off the characters and can't sell any cosmetics. And I don't know about you but from a money standpoint I would like to make a character I can make clothes for people to buy then it character that you can just by and nothing else happens
    Think about it though , Jason uses the bear traps just like the trapper and any additional power they gave him would make the trapper useless at that point , who would play the trapper when Jason would have everything he has plus more
  • JoyfulLeader

@A_Crow said:
    NightmareReborn said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@NightmareReborn said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@NightmareReborn said:

I think the FNAF 2 map would work the best. He has never used a weapon so I don't know about that. Maybe his power could have something to do with the phantoms?

It's been speculated that the man possessing Springtrap (Purple Guy) has used objects like screwdrivers and crowbars in the past, so if he ever made it to Dead by Daylight I think a crowbar would suit him the most

• A_Crow
    edited February 2019

Think about it though , Jason uses the bear traps just like the trapper and any additional power they gave him would make the trapper useless at that point , who would play the trapper when Jason would have everything he has plus more
    He only used a bear trap in the remake and I think a different kind of trap in part 2.
  • A_Crow

@A_Crow said:
    NightmareReborn said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@NightmareReborn said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@NightmareReborn said:

It's been speculated that the man possessing Springtrap (Purple Guy) has used objects like screwdrivers and crowbars in the past, so if he ever made it to Dead by Daylight I think a crowbar would suit him the most

Sounds good.
  • NightmareReborn

@JoyfulLeader said:

@A_Crow said:
    NightmareReborn said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@NightmareReborn said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@NightmareReborn said:

Definitely!

• JoyfulLeader

@NightmareReborn said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@A_Crow said:
    NightmareReborn said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@NightmareReborn said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@NightmareReborn said:

Definitely!

I'm glad you and Crow agree!

• ArkhamRobot
    ArkhamRobot Member Posts: 22

Please, no more licensed killers. Original killers are best suited for this game and allow more creativity.

NO sense paying some other schmo licensing fees.

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254
    Yeah I'm for jason too but still prefer Pumpkinhead more then any other licensed killer.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

If the dev team & the owner want to save it from the slowly sinking Titanic the 13th, by all means.
    Idc about him, but we have both Hillbilly & Cannibal, so it wouldn't be weird to have both Trapper & Jason.
    Though i certainly hope they give him more power than just defense power like Cannibal.

• JoyfulLeader

@ArkhamRobot said:
    Please, no more licensed killers. Original killers are best suited for this game and allow more creativity.

NO sense paying some other schmo licensing fees.

I say yes to licensed characters

• JoyfulLeader

@Jed said:
    Yeah I'm for jason too but still prefer Pumpkinhead more then any other licensed killer.

That's pretty ironic, considering I'm watching Pumpkinhead as I'm writing this