The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

ok so i just got 14 hex ruin skill checks on a single genarator

waffles4all
waffles4all Member Posts: 40
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

people always say "a good player can work through hex ruin" but come on 14!!!! and on top of that the killer picked Gideon meat plant with tuft of hair, he gets the easiest 4k in just 3 minutes!!!! please for the love of god tone it down to like 5 or 6 skill checks because 14 is just crazy

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

Well, and then there are times where I do almost a full Gen before I even get e Skill Check to see if Ruin is active.

Its pure RNG. You will also not complain when you have nearly no Skill Checks.

Personally I think, even as a Survivor Main, that Ruin should trigger a minimum amount of Skill Checks. Maybe every 10 seconds or so...

• waffles4all

@JanTheMan said:
    Okay but hex ruin can last 14 second too so I don't see the problem

against low ranks it is tho, we literally had 2 people looking for it and they still couldn't find it

• waffles4all

@Aven_Fallen said:
    Well, and then there are times where I do almost a full Gen before I even get e Skill Check to see if Ruin is active.

Its pure RNG. You will also not complain when you have nearly no Skill Checks.

Personally I think, even as a Survivor Main, that Ruin should trigger a minimum amount of Skill Checks. Maybe every 10 seconds or so...

like l said 5 or 6

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

@waffles4all said:

tuft of hair, he gets the easiest 4k in just 3 minutes!!!!

ok.
    He stalk all survivors in 3 min.
    Dont get me wrong, but maybe your team was just bad?

• waffles4all

@ShyN3ko said:

@waffles4all said:

ok.

rank 15 survivors vs a smurf

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I've had endless Ruin skill checks and other times I'll do an entire gen and never get one it's all hit or miss really.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

@waffles4all said:

@ShyN3ko said:

@waffles4all said:

ok.

How can you tell somebody is a smurf? Might be somebody who mainly plays survivor and knows what killers on other ranks do to catch survivors

• waffles4all

@JoannaVO said:

@waffles4all said:

@ShyN3ko said:

@waffles4all said:

ok.

How can you tell somebody is a smurf? Might be somebody who mainly plays survivor and knows what killers on other ranks do to catch survivors

l used to be red rank when the game came out on ps4 and l recognised the killers name and hes a rank 2 killer and still plays like a rank 2

• Aven_Fallen

So you are a Red Rank Survivor on Rank 15? And use you being on a lower rank than you should be, to complain about Ruin?

• waffles4all
    edited January 2019

@Aven_Fallen said:
    So you are a Red Rank Survivor on Rank 15?

l used to be red rank before they nerfed healing and vaulting but now lm rank 12, back then red rank was easy to get

• Aven_Fallen

@waffles4all said:

@Aven_Fallen said:

l used to be red rank before they nerfed healing and vaulting but now lm rank 12, back then red rank was easy to get

Yeah, but you are not a new player. So you should not have that big problems vs Ruin.

• Lord_Hanke
    Lord_Hanke Member Posts: 31

so next round equip "small game" and go for the totem hunt. Great skillchecks aren't that difficult to hit btw

• JoannaVO

@waffles4all said:

@Aven_Fallen said:

Well it still is incredibly easy to get to rank 1 :P

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    powerbats said:

I've had endless Ruin skill checks and other times I'll do an entire gen and never get one it's all hit or miss really.

I guess they never hit, huh?
  • Taelance
    Taelance Member Posts: 100

@waffles4all said:
    people always say "a good player can work through hex ruin" but come on 14!!!! and on top of that the killer picked Gideon meat plant with tuft of hair, he gets the easiest 4k in just 3 minutes!!!! please for the love of god tone it down to like 5 or 6 skill checks because 14 is just crazy

this is literally every gen for me... just now means that I never miss great skill checks. Just practice and then this wont be a problem.

• Taelance
    Taelance Member Posts: 100

@JoannaVO said:

@waffles4all said:

@Aven_Fallen said:

that is for both killer and survivor tbh.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@waffles4all said:

@JanTheMan said:
    Okay but hex ruin can last 14 second too so I don't see the problem

against low ranks it is tho, we literally had 2 people looking for it and they still couldn't find it

You need to learn the spawn locations. All the old locations are still in the game (also The Game map) and the "new" locations added in a long time ago only added 2-3 new spots per map. Learn where these are and no Hex last longs.

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460
    edited January 2019

If you're not frugal about your items, bring in Green or Purple toolkits with yellow, green, purple add-ons and a White Ward offering and gen tap. That ruin will cry.
    I never gen tap a ruin unless I have a green or purple toolkit because personally I think it's useless unless you suck at generators. HMMM, iirc, that surveillance perk shows auras of regressed generators so if you think the killer has it, gen tap with green/purple toolkit. And be wary of Franklin's Demise because the white ward only works if you die holding your item (Which imo needs to be fixed or the offering description needs to be edited to state that if it hasn't been). Be stealthy.

• JoannaVO

@Taelance said:

@JoannaVO said:

@waffles4all said:

@Aven_Fallen said:

that is for both killer and survivor tbh.

Though killer is much harder compared to survivor, especially with perks like BT

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Gen tap dude. Its a bit slower but if you're not good enough to find the totem or hit Greats, just gen tap. Ruin has enough counters already.
  • Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Were you using a toolbox? That greatly increases your chances of getting a skill-check. Also Ruin is part of why I run Stake Out. Basically nullifies Ruin particularly on Meat Plant because you're generally going to be in the killer's terror radius a good chunk of the time due to the two floors.
  • Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

@Khroalthemadbomber said:
    Were you using a toolbox? That greatly increases your chances of getting a skill-check. Also Ruin is part of why I run Stake Out. Basically nullifies Ruin particularly on Meat Plant because you're generally going to be in the killer's terror radius a good chunk of the time due to the two floors.

Hey! thanks for the build idea gonna unlock stake out and get it in my quentin <3 that's a good counter to ruin..

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Apart of playing survivor is learning how to hit the great skill checks, once you learn how ruin will cry hacker.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    It's honestly funny. When I don't have Stake Out I can't hit greats to save my soul. When I HAVE Stake Out I hit them all day long and don't consume my charges lmfao.
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    edited January 2019
    How about the time I got 2 a whole gen making the perk render useless
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

The perk is quite useless as it usually gets destroyed immediately.