The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Useful items for survivors are insufficient.

Only toolbox and kit are practical. Key and flashlight depend on luck. And the map is completely useless.
More items can make the game more fun, diverse and various.

Comments

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

i agree we need more items, but i disagree that tool boxes are useful

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Since when is flashlight luck? 
  • Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

@ClogWench said:

If the killer is not in a wall ;)

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    edited January 2019

The rainbow map is great for finding say the hatch, totems and if you get stuck looking for gens it can help. As for toolboxes and flashlights they are both good, the killer can’t always look at a wall. Toolboxes speed up gen speed a hefty amount (especially if used while tag teaming a gen). Medkitd are great for fast heals or insta-heals. If you find it keys (aside from broken) can open the hatch possible ruining the killers chance at winning and they have great aura-reading potential.

• GrootDude

But I will say the green map is useless

• Steamtastic_Vagabond
    Steamtastic_Vagabond Member Posts: 134
    edited January 2019
    Hell, earlier today, I flashlight stunned a killer face camping and got the save, they died later but still!
  • JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750
    edited January 2019
    Survivors don't need items, they need dance moves ~.~
    Post edited by JoannaVO on
  • artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    I cream every time I get the game and I happened to bring a map
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    The items literally boost every action a survivor performs, how many more items could we get that aren't a reiteration of another? I think base play needs to be expanded before alternative items for the same actions are introduced. 
  • Mrs_Fairfield
    Mrs_Fairfield Member Posts: 125
    I agree, right now I only go through chests if I'm injured and need a med kit. New items wouldn't have to be useful to convince people to go out of their way treasure hunting for them though. A lot of survivors would snub generators for a chance to find cosmetics or lore fragments. It could kinda be a lowkey killer buff by slowing the game down, but that's not nessesarily a bad thing. 
  • TrAiNwReCk
    TrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246

Slightly off topic, but I believe a 'recycle' option of some sort needs to be implemented for useless items (by ones opinion).

Say the broken key aura reading ability only might seem fine for a new player getting the hang of things, but I will never ever use it + its aura reading add ons along with many other types of add ons and offerings ect.

Before we get anything new, we need to have a system to get rid of the old we will never use, maybe 50% blood point return for selling?

• JohnTed
    JohnTed Member Posts: 56

@Arroz said:

@ClogWench said:

If the killer is not in a wall ;)

Sometime, killer was far away from you. You cannot use flashlight to save other survivor.

• JohnTed

I suggest to add the following items
    1. shotgun with 1 bullet only. It can shoot killer backward and make killer faint for 3 seconds.
    2. shield at back which can take 1 strike.
    3. Speaker which can fake killer where survivor is.
    4. sensors which can detect where killer is
    5. Walkie talkie, survivors can know their locations each other all the time when all survivors bring it.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    JohnTed said:

1. shotgun with 1 bullet only. It can shoot killer backward and make killer faint for 3 seconds.
    5. Walkie talkie, survivors can know their locations each other all the time when all survivors bring it.

How about no?
  • Naiad
    Naiad Member Posts: 194

@JohnTed said:

As a survivor main ... No, we don't need these.

1. Pallet stuns if you want to risk camping the pallet or flashlight blinds.
    2. DS or another survivor body blocking
    3. Pebble
    4. Alert, Premonition, Spine Chill
    5. SWF, Bond, Empathy

You have things that suffice already use them.

On the topic at hand, I rarely ever take an item in and I don't think any more need to be added. I just don't see how they would help and you would need add-ons for the items. Now imagine looking for those items and add-ons in the bloodweb. Instead of 4 you now have 6 or 7?

• JohnTed

@Naiad said:

@JohnTed said:

As a survivor main ... No, we don't need these.

1. Pallet stuns if you want to risk camping the pallet or flashlight blinds.
    2. DS or another survivor body blocking
    3. Pebble
    4. Alert, Premonition, Spine Chill
    5. SWF, Bond, Empathy

You have things that suffice already use them.

On the topic at hand, I rarely ever take an item in and I don't think any more need to be added. I just don't see how they would help and you would need add-ons for the items. Now imagine looking for those items and add-ons in the bloodweb. Instead of 4 you now have 6 or 7?

Kit overlaps to "self-care" but it does not mean we don't need kit. It is still a powerful item. If we have those items, we have a weaker version perks. Why not?

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235
    Gun hold it sideways and shoot the killer to stun for 2 deconds. The hot casing is ejected into your faces and injures you
  • GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

Flashlight depending on luck wahhhh?

It's the most skill orientated item.

Instapack is tapping space bar.

Toolbox is tapping spacebar.

Flashlight if the person is good is a damn nightmare for the killer.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@TreemanXD said:

Green map with killer item tracking and range increase = Instant full objective category. Its a BP machine!

• GrootDude

@TreemanXD said:

Green map with killer item tracking and range increase = Instant full objective category. Its a BP machine!

I didn’t think about that
  • JohnTed

@GraviteaUK said:

When you shrine the killers, it depends on probability to drop survivor.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    The green dull key is absolute garbage and also a complete waste when you get it via chests. I would either outright remove it in favor of something useful but not toxic like maybe an energy bar that shortens debuffs like exhaustion and blindness or have it where killers CAN lock trap doors but dulls will open them; or create a sell/create system where 3 dulls = a purple or 5 = pink skeleton. Or maybe dulls can lock lockers and prevent killers from opening them for a short duration. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@JohnTed said:
    Only toolbox and kit are practical. Key and flashlight depend on luck. And the map is completely useless.

Flashlight and key are luck? Are we playing the same game?

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I think items are ok even though I would buff maps and keys duration to make them more useful. What I would like though is an addon rework with some more addons that change how you use the item.

• JohnTed

@Master said:

@JohnTed said:

I think we have different definition on luck.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

@No_Cluie_Louis said:
    i agree we need more items, but i disagree that tool boxes are useful

Toolboxes are the best item in the game. I would clearly dodge 4 toolboxes over 4 flashlights or medkits.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    JohnTed said:

@GraviteaUK said:

When you shrine the killers, it depends on probability to drop survivor.

Its so uncommon that a killer doesn't drop a survivor when blinded, it's misleading to act like it's completely random. 
  • RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Im in favor of the shotgun. It could work like this: When you press the action button you shoot your head off. Like a disconect but cooler.
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@MegaWaffle said:

@TreemanXD said:

So true, that's the real function of a map :) I like how you can keep getting BP while killer is carrying you, too.

• t3hp0larbear
    t3hp0larbear Member Posts: 76
    Master said:

@JohnTed said:

The flashlight requires the killer to take your pallet bait for a pallet blind, or for you to be right there when another survivor goes down. The key requires you to find the hatch before becoming the last man standing.

Whether you end up in those situations or not is entirely luck, and I don't necessarily mean RNG game mechanics luck, I mean the natural entropy of just how things go. You can increase the odds that the flashlight is useful by playing for Evasion emblems rather than Lightbringer, and even that relies on the killer choosing to give chase to you and whether or not they're smart enough to face a wall before picking up a downed survivor.

The same argument could be made for every other item, but the odds that you'll actually use a toolbox or medkit in a trial is greater than any of the other items because there are more opportunities to use them.