The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Making Sabotage more viable for solo players?

akbays35
akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

I think the problem with this perk is that it requires team knowledge and teamplay to be effective or just godlike prediction of where the killer is heading. My suggestion is to have sabotaged hooks have their aura revealed for survivors so they can run towards there as a safety and utilize what their teammate is doing.

Comments

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    akbays35 said:

I think the problem with this perk is that it requires team knowledge and teamplay to be effective or just godlike prediction of where the killer is heading. My suggestion is to have sabotaged hooks have their aura revealed for survivors so they can run towards there as a safety and utilize what their teammate is doing.

You can do pretty well as solo player, if you Sabo near loops and gen clusters your likely to pull it off. I don’t think allowing survivors to see the hooks for safe downs is fair at all
  • antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    Agree with @Paddy4583
    Also with the new Breakdown perk hooks are pretty hard to find. The only advantage we have while carrying a survivor is being able see our next hook. Let’s keep it that way. 
  • akbays35

@Paddy4583 said:
    akbays35 said:

You can do pretty well as solo player, if you Sabo near loops and gen clusters your likely to pull it off. I don’t think allowing survivors to see the hooks for safe downs is fair at all

An swf would already abuse this info, it would > @antgnstea said:

Agree with @Paddy4583
    Also with the new Breakdown perk hooks are pretty hard to find. The only advantage we have while carrying a survivor is being able see our next hook. Let’s keep it that way. 

Problem is that the devs have been trying to find another map objective for survivors. The really broke any functionality with sabotage with the extra hook spawns then they continue to tweak this weird system they had to fix in the first place. They pretty much have an unused mechanic in their game that serves no real purpose in the game beyond a toxic tactic that swf can utilize. But as a solo survivor sabotage is literally a hinderance to the team since most survivors don't know or care if someone is saboing and it just creates a dead end time sink. And maybe just a temporary aura or a visual notification would work too, but something needs to be done to communicate this activity to other survivors.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301

Do you mean that the aura of the hooks grows the closer it gets to 99% or that it's only revealed when it's broken?

If it's the first, then good idea!

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@akbays35 said:

What would be a compensation buff on the killers side?

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

The reason why different playstyles are not preferred is not because they are totally crap but the genrush meta is by far the best option.

You can try to save someone spending 5 minutes saboing the hooks or you can finish the gens as soon as possible and give him his adrenaline. I think that the preferable choice is obvious here.

I think that with the recent buffs to sabo and the new hook distribution system, they plan to bring the sabo meta back but they will not succeed. The best option for survivors is to finish the gens as quickly as possible, even more important than the healing.

As long as they don't do anything about the genrush, there will be no different playstyles.

• akbays35

@Delfador said:
    The reason why different playstyles are not preferred is not because they are totally crap but the genrush meta is by far the best option.

You can try to save someone spending 5 minutes saboing the hooks or you can finish the gens as soon as possible and give him his adrenaline. I think that the preferable choice is obvious here.

I think that with the recent buffs to sabo and the new hook distribution system, they plan to bring the sabo meta back but they will not succeed. The best option for survivors is to finish the gens as quickly as possible, even more important than the healing.

As long as they don't do anything about the genrush, there will be no different playstyles.

yeah but if they buff sabotage in a meaningful way where the team can utilize it outside of swf that would make it functional as well. > @Master said:

@akbays35 said:

having survivors do something outside of gen rushing? Killers still get a notification when survivors are sabotaging maybe a 2 second aura or something.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@akbays35 said:

@Delfador said:

yeah but if they buff sabotage in a meaningful way where the team can utilize it outside of swf that would make it functional as well. > @Master said:

@akbays35 said:

having survivors do something outside of gen rushing? Killers still get a notification when survivors are sabotaging maybe a 2 second aura or something.

Offering an alternative to genrushing is not a buff, either it doesnt change the situation at all or it is a survivor buff, depending on the alternative.

• akbays35

@Master said:

@akbays35 said:

@Delfador said:

@akbays35 said:

Offering an alternative to genrushing is not a buff, either it doesnt change the situation at all or it is a survivor buff, depending on the alternative.

look man, I'm trying to find a way to make sabo appealing for solo survivors and the best idea I came up with is communicative action. As a killer main would you actually have a problem with maybe one more guy in 20 games saboing hooks as opposed to the 90% of gen rushing adrenaline, dead hard, ds users? The only time I ever use sabo is just to do a daily and I don't even need the perk to get that done.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    edited January 2019
    As solo I just Sabo hooks around quite gens. When we get to the last 2, I start popping them so even if the killer catches someone they have to make a basement run and we can finish up relatively safe. Creating that safety window really hurts the killers end game.