The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Worst Killer

2»

Comments

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@CrowFoxy said:
    Leatherface and Trapper are both worse, that's for certain.

wanna discuss that?
    i play trapper and freddy farily often (both P3 lvl 50 all perks) and believe me: trapper himself is VERY underrated.
    there is no way he is worse than freddy.

<-- Trapper main

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@Mrrgle_the_Mediocre said:
    I can't believe there are still people out there that think Freddy is the worst killer in the game, holy #########.
    In conversations like this, people always seem to forget one crucial detail.
    PEOPLE WHO ARE ASLEEP HAVE REDUCED ACTION SPEED AND UNLESS THERE IS AN ALLY IMMEDIATELY NEARBY THEY NEED TO HARM A GENERATOR OR THEMSELVES TO WAKE UP
    You are literally slowing the game down instantly by holding M2 on someone. Better yet, sleep them and DON'T hit them, and then they can't Self Care themselves awake. When you sleep someone, they can't see you for a few seconds. Pretend to leave, and then surprise them. He has mindgames.

He is the only short killer in the game with a reduced terror radius and normal speed, allowing for looping mindgames as well.

The "Worse Wraith" mentality is absolutely ridiculous and you're clearly playing him incorrectly. You don't just sleep and chase. Then, them being asleep has no benefit to you. Mess with them. Sleep them and let them struggle. Only chase when you're absolutely certain that is what benefits you most right now.

"PEOPLE WHO ARE ASLEEP HAVE REDUCED ACTION SPEED AND UNLESS THERE IS AN ALLY IMMEDIATELY NEARBY THEY NEED TO HARM A GENERATOR OR THEMSELVES TO WAKE UP"

Not a single person is "forgetting" this, it's quite obvious. You are just completely ignoring the fact of how easy it is to wake up..which is VERY easy.

• Maximus7
    Maximus7 Member Posts: 441

@Blueberry said:

I can't believe there are still people out there that think Freddy is the worst killer in the game, holy #########.
    PEOPLE WHO ARE ASLEEP HAVE REDUCED ACTION SPEED AND UNLESS THERE IS AN ALLY IMMEDIATELY NEARBY THEY NEED TO HARM A GENERATOR OR THEMSELVES TO WAKE UP
    You are literally slowing the game down instantly by holding M2 on someone. Better yet, sleep them and DON'T hit them, and then they can't Self Care themselves awake. When you sleep someone, they can't see you for a few seconds. Pretend to leave, and then surprise them. He has mindgames.

He is the only short killer in the game with a reduced terror radius and normal speed, allowing for looping mindgames as well.

The "Worse Wraith" mentality is absolutely ridiculous and you're clearly playing him incorrectly. You don't just sleep and chase. Then, them being asleep has no benefit to you. Mess with them. Sleep them and let them struggle. Only chase when you're absolutely certain that is what benefits you most right now.

"PEOPLE WHO ARE ASLEEP HAVE REDUCED ACTION SPEED AND UNLESS THERE IS AN ALLY IMMEDIATELY NEARBY THEY NEED TO HARM A GENERATOR OR THEMSELVES TO WAKE UP"

Not a single person is "forgetting" this, it's quite obvious. You are just completely ignoring the fact of how easy it is to wake up..which is VERY easy.

It's either dependent on rng to wake yourself up or requires another person. And as Freddy, you should be trying to keep everyone asleep as much as possible, then you go and chase others. His power is a stall power, people really need to learn how to use it. And if you think it's too easy to wake up, run Green Dress (the yellow add-on). It's one of his better ones.

@doggieman said:

@BOGUEINATOR said:
    Freddy is not the worst Killer. He is actually under rated. Change my mind. 

All killers use powers to their advantage except Freddy. His power is literally starting chases. Any other killer you just have to walk up to survivors and it starts a chase.

Freddy's power causes a huge stall if used correctly. As stated above, you need to have multiple people asleep at all times. If all you're using his power for is to start a chase, then you're not playing Freddy correctly.

• Blueberry

@Maximus7 said:

@Blueberry said:

It's either dependent on rng to wake yourself up or requires another person. And as Freddy, you should be trying to keep everyone asleep as much as possible, then you go and chase others. His power is a stall power, people really need to learn how to use it. And if you think it's too easy to wake up, run Green Dress (the yellow add-on). It's one of his better ones.

@doggieman said:

@BOGUEINATOR said:

All killers use powers to their advantage except Freddy. His power is literally starting chases. Any other killer you just have to walk up to survivors and it starts a chase.

Freddy's power causes a huge stall if used correctly. As stated above, you need to have multiple people asleep at all times. If all you're using his power for is to start a chase, then you're not playing Freddy correctly.

" It's either dependent on rng to wake yourself up or requires another person"
    Yes and those rng chances are quite high and easy to get. I run the dresses regularly and it is still extremely easy to wake up.

"His power is a stall power, people really need to learn how to use it."
    His power is for stalling and also for micromanaging...this is just kind of obvious. This isn't something people don't know or don't do.

I have my Freddy at P3 with all perks in the game tier 3 and at rank 1 every reset since his release with massively more hours than most people. I say he's weak not because I don't do well with him, I regularly 3 and 4k. The difference is being able to recognize if your wins are because the killer is strong or if it's just because the average survivor is bad and in this case it's the latter.

• Maximus7

@Blueberry said:

@Maximus7 said:

@Blueberry said:

@doggieman said:

@BOGUEINATOR said:

Yes and those rng chances are quite high and easy to get. I run the dresses regularly and it is still extremely easy to wake up.

His power is for stalling and also for micromanaging...this is just kind of obvious. This isn't something people don't know or don't do.

I have my Freddy at P3 with all perks in the game tier 3 and at rank 1 every reset since his release with massively more hours than most people. I say he's weak not because I don't do well with him, I regularly 3 and 4k. The difference is being able to recognize if your wins are because the killer is strong or if it's just because the average survivor is bad and in this case it's the latter.

Literally every killer other than Nurse will lose if the survivors are good enough. And we never said he's top tier. The average survivor sucks, so would that mean every killer sucks? Because they're only getting 3 or 4k's against them?

RNG chances are.....well.....rng. Modifiers might not seem noticeable, but there is still a modifier. And it's hard to really notice it because you only notice how much the Dress add-ons help you when they actually fail a skill check, meaning they got lucky with rng.

Not gonna lie, I have some games where they wake up in 10 seconds. I also have games where it takes them 2-3 minutes to wake up due to ######### rng or being put to sleep while healthy in the endgame. It can happen more often than you'd think

• Blueberry

@Maximus7 said:

@Blueberry said:

@Maximus7 said:

@Blueberry said:

@doggieman said:

@BOGUEINATOR said:

Literally every killer other than Nurse will lose if the survivors are good enough. And we never said he's top tier. The average survivor sucks, so would that mean every killer sucks? Because they're only getting 3 or 4k's against them?

RNG chances are.....well.....rng. Modifiers might not seem noticeable, but there is still a modifier. And it's hard to really notice it because you only notice how much the Dress add-ons help you when they actually fail a skill check, meaning they got lucky with rng.

Not gonna lie, I have some games where they wake up in 10 seconds. I also have games where it takes them 2-3 minutes to wake up due to ######### rng or being put to sleep while healthy in the endgame. It can happen more often than you'd think

" The average survivor sucks, so would that mean every killer sucks?"
    Not every, but yes, "most" are quite weak.

"Because they're only getting 3 or 4k's against them?"
    The kills they get has nothing to do with what i'm saying

Everything else you said is basically just agreeing with me and simply a reiteration of what I've already said. My point is that he IS very weak and generally as weak as people say he is. "Most" killers are heavily abused by competent survivors, the difference is that he is punished even more heavily.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Blueberry said:

@DocOctober said:

@Blueberry said:
    Most the people who don't think Freddy is bad play at low ranks and don't have very many hours. Their lack of experience influences their opinion.

cough cough

He IS underrated.

This picture shows nothing to contradict my statement.

It shows triple-prestiged Freddy on Rank 4. The prestige is mostly to show that I invested into him, not just by Bloodpoints, but also by play time.

Unlike what you claim, some people here who think that he's not bad actually do play him on high ranks and do good.

You know, just because you yourself can't pull it off, doesn't mean others can't as well.
    Yeah but I leveled up LF to get BBQ and didnt play him at all... the person who posted the pic could have done something similar just to troll...and with this community I'd believe someone would do that... or screen shot a pic of a p3 Freddy.... anyway yes people can play freddy and do good... it's not fun gameplay though that's why Freddy is getting the rework.. his design makes 0 sense... why does a trapless trapper have to wait a base 7 seconds to hit someone? 
  • Blueberry

@DudeDelicious said:
    Blueberry said:

But his point still stands. Unless a sleeping survivor finds an awake survivor to do the wake up action, failed skill checks to wake up basically means the survivors are creating their own pressure. This basically HELPS Freddy.

You are missing the point. Between SC or getting to a gen to fail a skill check that is extremely quick and easy. That pressure being created is extremely small. Not to mention if he just runs into someone as well. The whole reason his pressure isn't great like it's supposed to be is because it is too easy to wake up. Of course it "helps" Freddy, it's not absolutely NOTHING, it's just nothing significant enough to matter, much less make up for his blaring weaknesses.

• Maximus7
    Blueberry said:

@DudeDelicious said:
    Blueberry said:

But his point still stands. Unless a sleeping survivor finds an awake survivor to do the wake up action, failed skill checks to wake up basically means the survivors are creating their own pressure. This basically HELPS Freddy.

You are missing the point. Between SC or getting to a gen to fail a skill check that is extremely quick and easy. That pressure being created is extremely small. Not to mention if he just runs into someone as well. The whole reason his pressure isn't great like it's supposed to be is because it is too easy to wake up. Of course it "helps" Freddy, it's not absolutely NOTHING, it's just nothing significant enough to matter, much less make up for his blaring weaknesses.

You're missing the point in how much of a stall this causes. To sacrifice 7 seconds for it is more than worth the stall it can cause. Most other killers don't have that stall and can't end chases quickly in a consistent/reliable manner. The ones who have the second attribute (Huntress, Billy, Hag, Nurse) are above him for sure (Myers is debatable at this point since he can be so cucked by map design). The ones who can't end chases quickly are the ones who need some kind of stall yet don't have it. Other than the other 5 I named, the only ones close to him are Doc and Spirit. Doc's stall is easier to get out of than Freddy's and doesn't do as much, whereas Spirit is so add-on dependent that her ability is inconsistent. Freddy isn't a godly killer, but he's better than the majority of the cast by default.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Depends on what you mean with worst.

Worst at entertaining the player?
    The Survivor?
    Killing?
    Chasing?
    Pressure?
    Presence?
    Add-on arsenal?
    Perk/Power synergy?

• Blueberry
    edited February 2019

@Maximus7 said:
    Blueberry said:

@DudeDelicious said:

Blueberry said:

You're missing the point in how much of a stall this causes. To sacrifice 7 seconds for it is more than worth the stall it can cause. Most other killers don't have that stall and can't end chases quickly in a consistent/reliable manner. The ones who have the second attribute (Huntress, Billy, Hag, Nurse) are above him for sure (Myers is debatable at this point since he can be so cucked by map design). The ones who can't end chases quickly are the ones who need some kind of stall yet don't have it. Other than the other 5 I named, the only ones close to him are Doc and Spirit. Doc's stall is easier to get out of than Freddy's and doesn't do as much, whereas Spirit is so add-on dependent that her ability is inconsistent. Freddy isn't a godly killer, but he's better than the majority of the cast by default.

You are way over exaggerating how much stall that causes. Sure if they are being ######### an sitting there in a ball so you can just tap them all with it that's great, but that's not reality. It is also sacrificing way more than just 7 seconds. You are simply weighing the cost of clicking his skill, you're not weighing the weaknesses he takes on for that "strength". If you think Spirit is anywhere even remotely in the same universe as Freddy you are sorely lost. Spirit is top tier and is extremely consistent even without addons if you actually know how to play her. Freddy may be good for you at rank 20 but he is not that good at rank 1. I have played my P3 Freddy with all perks in the game at t3 unlocked at rank 1 on every reset since his release and I have over 2,700 hours in this game, I have quite the understanding of what Freddy can and can't do.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

Clown is the worse killer. His power literally does nothing.

• Maximus7
    Blueberry said:

@Maximus7 said:
    Blueberry said:

@DudeDelicious said:

Blueberry said:

You are way over exaggerating how much stall that causes. Sure if they are being ######### an sitting there in a ball so you can just tap them all with it that's great, but that's not reality. It is also sacrificing way more than just 7 seconds. You are simply weighing the cost of clicking his skill, you're not weighing the weaknesses he takes on for that "strength". If you think Spirit is anywhere even remotely in the same universe as Freddy you are sorely lost. Spirit is top tier and is extremely consistent even without addons if you actually know how to play her. Freddy may be good for you at rank 20 but he is not that good at rank 1. I have played my P3 Freddy with all perks in the game at t3 unlocked at rank 1 on every reset since his release and I have over 2,700 hours in this game, I have quite the understanding of what Freddy can and can't do.

In my 1450ish hours playing this game and having played Spirit since her release, she's nowhere near top tier. The top tier killers are Nurse and Billy, maybe Hag. I play literally every killer at rank 1 (not like rank matters that much tbh), I think I also know what I'm talking about. But okay, man, keep underrating Freddy. People like you are why BHVR wants to rework his power, which will absolutely nerf him.
  • e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189

All killer is easy-mode with the exception of Freddy who is hard mode. Some of us enjoy hard mode, others prefer the crutch of an easy life. Not judging, is what it is.

• e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2019

@perotx said:

@Shad03 said:

@perotx said:
    ...Trapper... are weaker than him and have harder time in matches against competent survivors.

Them's is fightin words boi.

Hillarious. The crap Jeezus had to put up with omg

• Blueberry

@Maximus7 said:
    Blueberry said:

@Maximus7 said:

Blueberry said:

@DudeDelicious said:

Blueberry said:

@Mrrgle_the_Mediocre said: I can't believe there are still people out there that think Freddy is the worst killer in the game, holy #########. In conversations like this, people always seem to forget one crucial detail. PEOPLE WHO ARE ASLEEP HAVE REDUCED ACTION SPEED AND UNLESS THERE IS AN ALLY IMMEDIATELY NEARBY THEY NEED TO HARM A GENERATOR OR THEMSELVES TO WAKE UP You are literally slowing the game down instantly by holding M2 on someone. Better yet, sleep them and DON'T hit them, and then they can't Self Care themselves awake. When you sleep someone, they can't see you for a few seconds. Pretend to leave, and then surprise them. He has mindgames.

The "Worse Wraith" mentality is absolutely ridiculous and you're clearly playing him incorrectly. You don't just sleep and chase. Then, them being asleep has no benefit to you. Mess with them. Sleep them and let them struggle. Only chase when you're absolutely certain that is what benefits you most right now. "PEOPLE WHO ARE ASLEEP HAVE REDUCED ACTION SPEED AND UNLESS THERE IS AN ALLY IMMEDIATELY NEARBY THEY NEED TO HARM A GENERATOR OR THEMSELVES TO WAKE UP" Not a single person is "forgetting" this, it's quite obvious. You are just completely ignoring the fact of how easy it is to wake up..which is VERY easy.

In my 1450ish hours playing this game and having played Spirit since her release, she's nowhere near top tier. The top tier killers are Nurse and Billy, maybe Hag. I play literally every killer at rank 1 (not like rank matters that much tbh), I think I also know what I'm talking about. But okay, man, keep underrating Freddy. People like you are why BHVR wants to rework his power, which will absolutely nerf him.

If you don't think Spirit is in the top tier you just don't know how to play her. That also isn't just my opinion, look at most peoples rankings. It's a pretty unanimous opinion of her being there among the player base. People like me are also NOT why BHVR is reworking his power. I don't want him reworked at all. He only needs some tweaks.

• Blueberry

@DudeDelicious said:
    Blueberry said:

@Maximus7 said:

Blueberry said:

@Maximus7 said:

Blueberry said:

@DudeDelicious said: Blueberry said:

@Mrrgle_the_Mediocre said:    I can't believe there are still people out there that think Freddy is the worst killer in the game, holy #########.    In conversations like this, people always seem to forget one crucial detail.    PEOPLE WHO ARE ASLEEP HAVE REDUCED ACTION SPEED AND UNLESS THERE IS AN ALLY IMMEDIATELY NEARBY THEY NEED TO HARM A GENERATOR OR THEMSELVES TO WAKE UP    You are literally slowing the game down instantly by holding M2 on someone. Better yet, sleep them and DON'T hit them, and then they can't Self Care themselves awake. When you sleep someone, they can't see you for a few seconds. Pretend to leave, and then surprise them. He has mindgames.

The "Worse Wraith" mentality is absolutely ridiculous and you're clearly playing him incorrectly. You don't just sleep and chase. Then, them being asleep has no benefit to you. Mess with them. Sleep them and let them struggle. Only chase when you're absolutely certain that is what benefits you most right now.        "PEOPLE WHO ARE ASLEEP HAVE REDUCED ACTION SPEED AND UNLESS THERE IS AN ALLY IMMEDIATELY NEARBY THEY NEED TO HARM A GENERATOR OR THEMSELVES TO WAKE UP"    Not a single person is "forgetting" this, it's quite obvious. You are just completely ignoring the fact of how easy it is to wake up..which is VERY easy.

But his point still stands. Unless a sleeping survivor finds an awake survivor to do the wake up action, failed skill checks to wake up basically means the survivors are creating their own pressure. This basically HELPS Freddy. You are missing the point. Between SC or getting to a gen to fail a skill check that is extremely quick and easy. That pressure being created is extremely small. Not to mention if he just runs into someone as well. The whole reason his pressure isn't great like it's supposed to be is because it is too easy to wake up. Of course it "helps" Freddy, it's not absolutely NOTHING, it's just nothing significant enough to matter, much less make up for his blaring weaknesses.

If you don't think Spirit is in the top tier you just don't know how to play her. That also isn't just my opinion, look at most peoples rankings. It's a pretty unanimous opinion of her being there among the player base. People like me are also NOT why BHVR is reworking his power. I don't want him reworked at all. He only needs some tweaks.

I’d be devastated if he were reworked too much. 

Pretty much (with the exception of Billy) all killers labeled as “hard” are exactly that, hard to use/learn/apply effectively. But once learned they are killers that have the biggest payoff 

My thoughts as well