The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Fix Doctor

ad19970
ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

It's really, really frustrating when you time your shock perfectly as doc, and yet survivors are still able to vault windows while being shocked. Especially since it can have such a big impact on chases. Sometimes it works and even interrupts the vaulting animation if the survivor isn't on the other side of the window yet, and that's how it always should work. But sometimes survivors haven't even started the vault animation when I shock them and then they are still able to vault, which is really frustrating. I main Doc so I would be more than happy if this could get fixed.

People argue that Doc needs some serious buffs, and while I wouldn't really disagree with that, I would honestly first have this bug fixed and then see how good Doc is at the moment. If he still needs some small buffs, fine, but I feel like this would already be a nice improvement.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Thats because BHVR has nerfed the shock timing of doc. You need to hit earlier now than you used to. I dont know why they did this, I dont know why they removed nurses from snapping otu either but I guess they just wanna see doc cry in the corner next to freddy....

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836
    Doctor could do with some quality of life fixes.
  • ad19970

@thesuicidefox said:
    Shocking/screaming shouldn't stop you from vaulting anyway. It's complete BS on the survivor's side to vault the window and teleport back to the other side. Ping has nothing to do with it either, so don't give me that crap. It should force a slow vault if anything.

I know Doc isn't a very strong killer but honestly his power is the LEAST fun thing to play against. Besides the vaulting nonsense, you constantly reveal your position, you are blocked from doing certain actions in madness 3, skill checks are more annoying (ANNOYING not hard, there is a difference, and whoever thought making the least fun part of survivor more annoying deserves a swift kick in the nuts). Nothing about Doc is fun as survivor. He needs a rework to make him both viable and fun to play against. Just like Freddy. Just like Legion.

And don't even get me started on Doc 3 gen lockdown. "Duuuurrrrr just don't leave the last gens close together"... yea Distressing with calm add-ons on the Game would like a word with you. He's the only character that can do this ######### to survivors and it's probably the lamest thing in the game.

Yeah i doubt they'll just make it so you slow vault when being shocked. Doc would be so bad if that was the case. I personally enjoy facing Doc, don't see the problem with him. I'd be extremely disappointed if they would rework him, but I highly doubt that will ever happen. He's just very different. If you get stuck at vaults constantly then just avoid vaults if you hear the doc charging his power. It's really not that bad.
    I especially don't understand what's so bad about the skill checks. I mean they just show up at random spots on the screen. What's so annoying about that?

• ad19970

@EntityDispleased said:
    You forgot the super buggy and ######### range on his shock. Sometimes you can see the shock trail go right under and past the survivor but nothing happens and they keep going as usual. Sometimes on the survivor side, the shock doesn't reach you, you don't scream but you can't vault or throw pallets.

If they ever buffed the Doc, I think it should be his shock therapy range. I pretty much never play him without one of the addons that increases his range.

• ad19970

@Master said:
    Thats because BHVR has nerfed the shock timing of doc. You need to hit earlier now than you used to. I dont know why they did this, I dont know why they removed nurses from snapping otu either but I guess they just wanna see doc cry in the corner next to freddy....

Yeah but sometimes I'm able to actually interrupt survivors that are vaulting when they are still in the beginning of the vault animation, so it does work sometimes. It's just very inconsistent. So I didn't think it was actually a nerf but just a bug maybe.
    I mean it shouldn't suck you back if you're still in the vaulting animation but already on the other side of the vault of course.

• Master

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

Yeah but sometimes I'm able to actually interrupt survivors that are vaulting when they are still in the beginning of the vault animation, so it does work sometimes. It's just very inconsistent. So I didn't think it was actually a nerf but just a bug maybe.
    I mean it shouldn't suck you back if you're still in the vaulting animation but already on the other side of the vault of course.

It was an intended nerf. Once you used to be able to interupt during the vault animation, now you have to hit before

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533

Shocking/screaming shouldn't stop you from vaulting anyway. It's complete BS on the survivor's side to vault the window and teleport back to the other side. Ping has nothing to do with it either, so don't give me that crap. It should force a slow vault if anything.

I know Doc isn't a very strong killer but honestly his power is the LEAST fun thing to play against. Besides the vaulting nonsense, you constantly reveal your position, you are blocked from doing certain actions in madness 3, skill checks are more annoying (ANNOYING not hard, there is a difference, and whoever thought making the least fun part of survivor more annoying deserves a swift kick in the nuts). Nothing about Doc is fun as survivor. He needs a rework to make him both viable and fun to play against. Just like Freddy. Just like Legion.

And don't even get me started on Doc 3 gen lockdown. "Duuuurrrrr just don't leave the last gens close together"... yea Distressing with calm add-ons on the Game would like a word with you. He's the only character that can do this ######### to survivors and it's probably the lamest thing in the game.

Yeah all im getting is you being salty af with a wall of text
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Git gud 
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited January 2019

@ad19970 said:

@thesuicidefox said:

Yeah i doubt they'll just make it so you slow vault when being shocked. Doc would be so bad if that was the case. I personally enjoy facing Doc, don't see the problem with him. I'd be extremely disappointed if they would rework him, but I highly doubt that will ever happen. He's just very different. If you get stuck at vaults constantly then just avoid vaults if you hear the doc charging his power. It's really not that bad.
    I especially don't understand what's so bad about the skill checks. I mean they just show up at random spots on the screen. What's so annoying about that?

Except that I already made the vault to be teleported back to the other side. If I know I won't make the vault or the pallet I don't try it, but when I can I do then get screwed over by the game (not the lag THE GAME).

It should be a slow vault. Then you as the killer won't get instances where they make the fast vault ever if you shock them and me as survivor won't get instances when I do make the vault but teleport back. He would be more like Clown, and if you can't land a hit or end a chase faster because someone slow vaults when they should fast vault then maybe you're not that good of a killer.

Also I guess you missed the part where I said his rework should make him more viable. I'm okay with giving him buffs in other areas, but some of the things his power does is complete BS. If it's you and one other survivor left, and he slugs them then puts you in madness 3 you are basically screwed because you can't heal that person up off the ground. He gets a free infinite slug and never needs to worry about you saving them as long as he never loses you long enough to lose madness, which with the constant screaming and all his ways to find you is basically impossible. No other killer gets this sort of free unhealable slug. It's dumb.

Skill checks by themselves are annoying and unfun. When they shake or move to the very corners of the screen it makes it even less fun. Plus when you Snap Out you get constant skill checks which make you scream if you fail them. Nothing about this is fun, how you think it is tells me that you don't actually play survivor against good Docs.

@Fenrir said:

Says the Legion main... you know all about fun and fair games don't you?

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Master said:
    Thats because BHVR has nerfed the shock timing of doc. You need to hit earlier now than you used to. I dont know why they did this

That's an easy answer. Survivors were complaining or something akin to those lines. The devs bend over really fast when their precious majority start getting loud.

• ad19970

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

It was an intended nerf. Once you used to be able to interupt during the vault animation, now you have to hit before

Yeah I believe you I just think it's weird that sometimes it still works and I'm able to stun a survivor that has just started vaulting and the vaulting animation gets canceled.

• ad19970

@thesuicidefox said:

@ad19970 said:

@thesuicidefox said:

Except that I already made the vault to be teleported back to the other side. If I know I won't make the vault or the pallet I don't try it, but when I can I do then get screwed over by the game (not the lag THE GAME).

It should be a slow vault. Then you as the killer won't get instances where they make the fast vault ever if you shock them and me as survivor won't get instances when I do make the vault but teleport back. He would be more like Clown, and if you can't land a hit or end a chase faster because someone slow vaults when they should fast vault then maybe you're not that good of a killer.

Also I guess you missed the part where I said his rework should make him more viable. I'm okay with giving him buffs in other areas, but some of the things his power does is complete BS. If it's you and one other survivor left, and he slugs them then puts you in madness 3 you are basically screwed because you can't heal that person up off the ground. He gets a free infinite slug and never needs to worry about you saving them as long as he never loses you long enough to lose madness, which with the constant screaming and all his ways to find you is basically impossible. No other killer gets this sort of free unhealable slug. It's dumb.

Skill checks by themselves are annoying and unfun. When they shake or move to the very corners of the screen it makes it even less fun. Plus when you Snap Out you get constant skill checks which make you scream if you fail them. Nothing about this is fun, how you think it is tells me that you don't actually play survivor against good Docs.

@Fenrir said:

I have never ever seen that in my life before. Obviously survivors shouldn't be pulled back if they are already on the other side of the vault still in the animation. But as long as they haven't crossed the window yet, if they get stunned, they sshould not be vaulting the window. What's much worse is when survivors haven't even started vaulting yet when I stun them, and they are still able to vault nevertheless. Also making his shock force survivors to slow vault would just ruin doc.
    I just don't think he'll be reworked seeing as Freddy is still waiting for his rework and Legion needs a rework much more, since he has no counterplay. I wouldn't say no to a rework for Doc if he still would be as unique as he is now and the madness mechanic would stay, but I doubt it will happen. And I love playing as him and also playing against him. He's just different, his strengths lie in finding you which I don't have a problem with. All killers have certain advantages or disadvantages. I don't think doctor's advantages are any more frustrating personally. So I would love him to just stay the way he is.
    The slugging part I agree with. I wouldn't mind if they nerfed his slugging potential, I never alug with him unless I maybe want to get a 4k, survivors that are in madness tier 3 should still be able to heal survivors that are downed.
    Also, I personally do not find skill checks annoying at all. I actually like the fact when they actually get a bit more challenging. That's why I also enjoy going against killers with ruin.

• ad19970

@Bravo0413 said:
    Git gud 

What the hell? Is this serious?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@ad19970 said:
    I have never ever seen that in my life before. Obviously survivors shouldn't be pulled back if they are already on the other side of the vault still in the animation. But as long as they haven't crossed the window yet, if they get stunned, they sshould not be vaulting the window. What's much worse is when survivors haven't even started vaulting yet when I stun them, and they are still able to vault nevertheless. Also making his shock force survivors to slow vault would just ruin doc.

If shocks forced a slow vault he would be just the same as he is now. Clown forces a slow vault and by doing so he can break loops/gain distance. The devs have said they don't like mechanics that take away control from the player and stopped a vault is that. And to be clear, I'm fine with shocks stopping pallet drops, but vaults are way too buggy.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@thesuicidefox said:

I'd imagine screaming and getting shocked would prevent one from jumping across a window, especially if you raise your arms up to do so. Now if you had already been on the otherside, then I would understand your frustration.

I have a lot of fun fighting the doctor. Every match I go with him I usually win, because I know how to counter him and how to avoid him. I also usually bring Calm Spirit so that saves me.

I... I will agree with you on that last bit.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    on a side note, you can no longer see how close you are from tiering up in madness as survivor. 
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@artist said:
    on a side note, you can no longer see how close you are from tiering up in madness as survivor. 

Pretty sure that's a bug. Unless I didn't read/remember the patch notes correctly.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    Shad03 said:

@artist said:

Pretty sure that's a bug. Unless I didn't read/remember the patch notes correctly.

I think so, kinda sucks
  • ad19970

@thesuicidefox said:

@ad19970 said:

If shocks forced a slow vault he would be just the same as he is now. Clown forces a slow vault and by doing so he can break loops/gain distance. The devs have said they don't like mechanics that take away control from the player and stopped a vault is that. And to be clear, I'm fine with shocks stopping pallet drops, but vaults are way too buggy.

If you get shocked by docs shock therapy you either have to toally avoid vaults or you get stuck for like 2 seconds and then medium vault. How is that the same? Just having survivors slow vault would ruin him. If he wouldn't slow down while charging his shock therapy and the slow vault his shock causes would actually be a slow vault and not a medium vault, just with a sound notification, then maybe he'd still be good. Otherwise no.

I don't really see what's the problem when certain actions are taken away from survivors for 2.5 seconds. So you have to play against doc a bit different than against other killers. It's not like you have no control more over your survivor when being shocked, you just can't vault or throw down pallets anymore. You just have to avoid the vault if the doc shocks you in time.

Also, his shock therapy is pretty much useless against most pallet loops, especially when the pallets aren't dropped yet.

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533

@ad19970 said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@Fenrir said:

You cant tell who i main just because i use his picture
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Fenrir said:
    You cant tell who i main just because i use his picture

Tell me about it.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited January 2019
    It definitely seems like a shadow nerf more than a bug, especially since it was excluded from the 2.5.1 update. I’m honestly not that surprised, considering he does better against new players and we all know what happens when newer Survivors struggle. I'm really hoping it gets undone in the Moonrise patch or in another update. It was an unnecessary nerf that happened because Survivors whined enough. If it's to fix being stunned when you're already on the other side of the vault, then it should be fixed in a different way than straight up nerfing him.
  • ad19970

@SnakeSound222 said:
    It definitely seems like a shadow nerf more than a bug, especially since it was excluded from the 2.5.1 update. I’m honestly not that surprised, considering he does better against new players and we all know what happens when newer Survivors struggle. I'm really hoping it gets undone in the Moonrise patch or in another update. It was an unnecessary nerf that happened because Survivors whined enough. If it's to fix being stunned when you're already on the other side of the vault, then it should be fixed in a different way than straight up nerfing him.

Wait it's a nerf in patch 2.5.0? Like I'm pretty sure I've had this problem with Doc since much earlier. Also if it's a nerf, why does it sometimes still work to interrupt a vaulting animation when at the beginning of the animation? It's just sometimes survivors vault even when I shock them before they start vaulting. But not always.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited January 2019

@ad19970 said:

@SnakeSound222 said:

Wait it's a nerf in patch 2.5.0? Like I'm pretty sure I've had this problem with Doc since much earlier. Also if it's a nerf, why does it sometimes still work to interrupt a vaulting animation when at the beginning of the animation? It's just sometimes survivors vault even when I shock them before they start vaulting. But not always.

I never really had this problem. I was thinking that it was a shadow nerf because it wasn't mentioned in the 2.5.1 patch notes and I would like to think that the devs would want to fix such a game-breaking bug (it messes with a pretty important part of his power) ASAP. Maybe it's been in the game for a long time but it rarely happened and patch 2.5.0 ended up increasing its frequency? I was thinking that the devs could planning to buff shock therapy in the very near future and the shadow nerf could be used for testing things out, but then why would you spread it out over multiple patches instead of putting all of the possible Doc changes into one patch? I would think it would make more sense to test everything out all at once.

• ad19970

@SnakeSound222 said:

@ad19970 said:

@SnakeSound222 said:

I never really had this problem. I was thinking that it was a shadow nerf because it wasn't mentioned in the 2.5.1 patch notes and I would like to think that the devs would want to fix such a game-breaking bug (it messes with a pretty important part of his power) ASAP. Maybe it's been in the game for a long time but it rarely happened and patch 2.5.0 ended up increasing its frequency? I was thinking that the devs could planning to buff shock therapy in the very near future and the shadow nerf could be used for testing things out, but then why would you spread it out over multiple patches instead of putting all of the possible Doc changes into one patch? I would think it would make more sense to test everything out all at once.

Hmm I haven't played doc so much since the 2.5.0 patch. But if it has actually gotten worse, I would love if the devs could address this issue or whatever it is. I mean doctor really didn't need a nerf, that's for sure. Not sure if he needs a buff like some people say, but that more so than a nerf.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@ModernFable said:
    Doctor could do with some quality of life fixes.

Funny part is that this goes for almost every killer...lol

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited January 2019
    Master said:

@Master, it's not the case btw.
    Janick said:

This will allow us to tweak the base power of a killer much better, without fear of breaking his build when a players use a certain perk. The feeling of necessity to have specific perks on a character to make him viable is not something that we think is good for the overall balance, which is the reason why we are doing those changes.

Thank you!
    He's definitely making this change to let other survivors bully him!

s/

Btw, s/ means sarcasm so don't take the statement above seriously. Ty

• Master

@Nickenzie said:
    Master said:

@Master, it's not the case btw.
    Janick said: This will allow us to tweak the base power of a killer much better, without fear of breaking his build when a players use a certain perk. The feeling of necessity to have specific perks on a character to make him viable is not something that we think is good for the overall balance, which is the reason why we are doing those changes.

Thank you!

He's definitely making this change to let other survivors bully him!

s/
    (Spoiler)

What is not the case?