The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DC during loading screen bannable?

Can a dev confirm if this is indeed bannable or does it fall under something completely different, like a “unbannable due to too many variables” kind of category. 

Comments

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Hope it can be confirmed, so many killers DCing because they dont like a certain map offering. 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@yeet said:

@HawkAyeTheNoo said:
    Hope it can be confirmed, so many killers DCing because they dont like a certain map offering. 

they may have DC'ed because of an infinite loadscreen

While that's a possibility there's are times it's because they see a map offering they don't like or someone puts an offering up that counters theirs.

I think if it happens often enough that'd probably flag them for a manual inspection of their account to see if it happens too often.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

I dc when loading takes way too long. Dont want to waste my good add ons i spent 50k bp on.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Speshul_Kitten said:
    Can a dev confirm if this is indeed bannable or does it fall under something completely different, like a “unbannable due to too many variables” kind of category. 

yes, but you need to absurd extremely often before you will get punished

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

This is a gray area when it comes to the DCing problem. Some times mid-loading screen the game takes awhile to load because someone crashed. And this can happen to the killer as well, which leaves them in confusion until they realize that they were the ones that DC'ed in the first place.

Nothing can really be done about this sadly, if they did address this a lot of people would be falsely banned because their game didn't load.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    edited January 2019

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

@HawkAyeTheNoo said:

While that's a possibility there's are times it's because they see a map offering they don't like or someone puts an offering up that counters theirs.

I think if it happens often enough that'd probably flag them for a manual inspection of their account to see if it happens too often.

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

@HawkAyeTheNoo said:

i've had hundreds of infinite loading screens, so i'd probably prefer not

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    i believe it still counts towards your dc count which can lead to a ban (for some reason)
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Or Survivors see a secret Killer offering lmao
    artist said:
    i believe it still counts towards your dc count which can lead to a ban (for some reason)
    Probably because quitting ruins the game for everyone. There is a reason most modern games penalize you for quitting too much.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

The number of times you have to dc to get banned is insane anyway. They are not really punishing it

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Not sure how they can tell exactly how someone is DC'ing on purpose during loading or just their own glitchy game locking up.

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

@Warlock_2020 said:
    Not sure how they can tell exactly how someone is DC'ing on purpose during loading or just their own glitchy game locking up.

On Console. There's no way.
    Some people unplug their Ethernet Cable.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

@not_Queen said:
    If you DC during the loading screen, for any reasons, it will be added as a DC.
    If you crash, it won't count as a DC.

Can the game tell when someone has to DC because they got stuck in an infinite loading screen?

Right after one of the patches, the game crashed numerous times on the PS4 and I de-pipped each time. Shouldn't it not do that if it recognizes the game crashed?

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

@Warlock_2020 said:
    They need to stop consuming offerings when you never actually make it to the game. Should require you to be in game for 60 seconds before you lose the offering.

lol it's been taken them years to figure it out.
    There are many issues, I wonder who had the idea of having less Generators spawn with 3 people.

Punishing survivors for a 3 person spawn.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Yeah, tell me about it. Not to mention having them spawn next to each other.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    not_Queen said:

"for any reasons" how does the DC system handle taskbar force closing if the loading screen freezes? It happens really often, especially when playing survivor. And by often I mean like every 5th - 10th match.
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    not_Queen said:

I don't find that very fair my games can suffer the infinite loading screen bug disturbingly often and does Anti easy cheat  booting count?, because i stopped playing for fear of being unjustly banned despite never touching the save files and following the trouble shooting AEC has.
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    not_Queen said:

I don't find that very fair my games can suffer the infinite loading screen bug disturbingly often and does Anti easy cheat  booting count?, because i stopped playing for fear of being unjustly banned despite never touching the save files and following the trouble shooting AEC has.
    They will only be able to judge via patterns.. don’t believe everything they tell you, they aren’t going to say “no guys it’s super cool to do that” and face the full on ######### fitting that would follow
  • PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

@not_Queen said:

What if it's an infinite loading screen and you have to end task from the task manager? That still count as a disconnect?

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    not_Queen said:

I know the game comes up with error code windows when it crashes, but does your system really distinguish crashes from a DC? Even Overwatch doesn't do this I don't believe.

Also what about like people are asking, with infinite load screens? If you allow too much disparity and leeway people will always take advantage of it.
  • starkiller1286
    Paddy4583 said:
    not_Queen said:

They will only be able to judge via patterns.. don’t believe everything they tell you, they aren’t going to say “no guys it’s super cool to do that” and face the full on ######### fitting that would follow
    Fair enough I guess. I'll just validate my files, check that EAC is on then back up files before playing and maybe it won't break 
  • starkiller1286
    Paddy4583 said:
    not_Queen said:

Fair enough I guess. I'll just validate my files, check that EAC is on then back up files before playing and maybe it won't boot me or get stuck.
  • starkiller1286
    Paddy4583 said:
    not_Queen said:

Fair enough I guess. I'll just validate my files, check that EAC is on then back up files before playing and maybe it won't boot me or get stuck.
  • feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    DCing during loading screen is not bannable you can't be banned for a game that You're not in.