The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Animations + Camera Movement

So for awhile I've noticed that animations have been better and a bit worse for survivors and killers. But I don't want to be too picky about all of this I just wanted to let the Devs know what i think of the animations and what they could do. For instance the main one for me when it comes to killer animations is them breaking the pallets or kicking the generators. Example: https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/86ih8h/bring_back_the_old_pallet_breaking_animation/

That's the old pallet breaking animation on the left and the right is the newer one we have. The old one looked more evil and powerful like the killer wasn't to be messed with and meant business. You felt powerful and satisfied when breaking a pallet or other things etc. Now they look like puppets/robots kicking things and hooking survivors weirdly no offense. I think there should be more camera movement and it should look like they are really moving their body's when they break pallets and hook survivors. Even certain killers hitting a survivor looks kinda funny more than spoopy cool. Freddy's pallet animations isn't even still in the game when he breaks a pallet, that was a bug ever since he was released sadly, but even that one looks a bit sloppy. I just hope they could revert the pallet and breaking gens change and even update the animations to look more real and better. Thing is too, I know they can they are very good with their animations from time to time. I just hope sooner or later they could. I want to feel very powerful as a killer again when it comes to animations. <3:)

Comments

• AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

I want to see more games get the level of personality that Overwatch has in its animations. It'd be great to see just little camera tilts or small actions with the killers' hands that just portray their personalities.

• xP3nnyWize
    xP3nnyWize Member Posts: 282

@AntiJelly said:
    I want to see more games get the level of personality that Overwatch has in its animations. It'd be great to see just little camera tilts or small actions with the killers' hands that just portray their personalities.

Yeah that'd be awesome! :D

• AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

I think my favorite killer animation wise is Freddy. They really got him down PERFECTLY. I absolutely love playing him just because how menacing it feels.

• xP3nnyWize

Yeah true. Just only way to see his animation is p2 or higher.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    All I care about is the drop of fps whenever I hit someone and there’s the animation of the weapon being wiped clean... it looks like the game explodes just then
  • xP3nnyWize

Oh? never had that bug yet... weird.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

Would Hag get her old pallet break animation too?

• xP3nnyWize

@Salty_Pearl said:
    Would Hag get her old pallet break animation too?

Yes that too. Would be nice!

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    On top of the old pallet break animation, I want the old trap setting animation! Now putting bear traps is like a literal potato
  • Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    The camera position has changed several times since that example, not to mention the killer is using old Shadowborne. I don't think it's the animation as much as it is a massive FoV change.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@AntiJelly said:

I really like Billy's pallet break camera animation since it really stressed the strength he had as a killer.
  • xP3nnyWize
    Nickenzie said:

@AntiJelly said:

I really like Billy's pallet break camera animation since it really stressed the strength he had as a killer.
    Yeah true! Hopefully they see this though! 
  • Creator
    Creator Member Posts: 360
    edited January 2019

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    The camera position has changed several times since that example, not to mention the killer is using old Shadowborne. I don't think it's the animation as much as it is a massive FoV change.

I do not think so. I remember that moment, that patch, on which the animation was broken. This was the PTB test with Bloodlust new mechanics. That's when the animation broke. And the developers moved the broken animation from the PTB test to the main build. And even admitted later on the stream that they broke the animation by accident and promised to fix it…

Post edited by Creator on
  • Creator
    edited January 2019

How nice when you're so not alone :) I agree with the author and the topic of the post. I still “struggle” with the developers so that they finally fix this animation.

• Creator

It is necessary for the developers to return exactly the old animation, and not to do some new one, as it happened with the animation of catching a survivor from a window or a pallet!

• xP3nnyWize
    Creator said:

How nice when you're so not alone :) I agree with the author and the topic of the post. I still “struggle” with the developers so that they finally fix this animation.

Creator said:

Nickenzie said:

@AntiJelly said:

I really like Billy's pallet break camera animation since it really stressed the strength he had as a killer

They need to put a fix to this sooner or later.
  • xP3nnyWize
    Creator said:

It is necessary for the developers to return exactly the old animation, and not to do some new one, as it happened with the animation of catching a survivor from a window or a pallet!

Exactly! Can we please get a moderator or a dev in here lord. Haha.
  • Creator
    edited January 2019

@xP3nnyWize said:
    Creator said:

It would be very cool! As far as I know, developers and community managers are constantly browsing posts. Not so long ago Not_Queen herself came to my post: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41466/when-will-idle-animations-be-fixed#latest

• xP3nnyWize

@Creator said:

@xP3nnyWize said:
    Creator said:

It would be very cool! As far as I know, developers and community managers are constantly browsing posts. Not so long ago Not_Queen herself came to my post: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41466/when-will-idle-animations-be-fixed#latest

Ahhh yes I saw that post I was happy to see that. Hopefully @not_Queen sees this haha.

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407

you felt satisfied breaking a pallet? are u sure about that ^^

• xP3nnyWize

@Akuma said:
    you felt satisfied breaking a pallet? are u sure about that ^^

Yes? The old animations showed more force than the newer one.

• xP3nnyWize

Oooof okay 0-0

• Creator
    edited January 2019

Well, now it remains to wait and read the treasured line in the patch notes in the next update: "The error of all the killers was fixed, when the animations when breaking the pallet were not performed correctly." And next to the inscription:

• Thanks to very persistent players! :);)
  • xP3nnyWize

@Creator said:
    Well, now it remains to wait and read the treasured line in the patch notes in the next update: "The error of all the killers was fixed, when the animations when breaking the pallet were not performed correctly." And next to the inscription:

• Thanks to very persistent players! :);)

Exactly like that haha!

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Wraith shouldn't even be able to break pallets. Dude definitely skipped leg day.

• xP3nnyWize

Wraith shouldn't even be able to break pallets. Dude definitely skipped leg day.

Hahahaha 
  • xP3nnyWize

What?