The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is it true?

GrootDude
GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
So I just played a game as pig, I killed three of them (the fourth one got hatch) then he sends me hate mail basically telling me to kms and then says I was just salty cause I lost. I tried explaining to him that a 3k is still a win, but he kept going back to the you lost and then stopped responding. So is it true is a 3k a loss?

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

3k is doing very well and I'd consider a win. If the 4th guy got hatch it's definitely a win as the hatch is just a freebie escape where they wouldn't of survived otherwise and is essentially a 4k. 2k I would call doing "okay" and 1 or less you got curb stomped.

• GrootDude
    I thought so, thanks both of you.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

3k is undoubtedly a win. ######### that guy

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

I dont consider getting the hatch a "win" myself either.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

think he was try make him self feel better.3k kill is a win.

• GrootDude
    edited January 2019
    I like to think when I play survivor the only way I “win” is when either 0 or 1 survivors die. 2 survivors is a draw imo and if the killer gets 3 or 4 survivors then gg he wins.
  • WeaponXMetsu
    WeaponXMetsu Member Posts: 81

I agree with everyone else. I usually go by if the entity is please though. Usually! Getting a safety pip also is a good indication that you didn't do that bad even though the game may not had been satisfactory for a killer.

I play quite lenient in my kills. I often use "noob perk" Noed because I let people freely get off hooks most of the time. It usually results in 4 people in the end game, but it is what it is. Worst case scenario.

2k is definitely a draw, but it was good for both sides.
    3k you did great!
    4k Wow... wish I could get this more often lol

If only survivors could see the killer title of some of the killers to show how well they did so they feel like douches if survivors have feelings. Killers have feelings too!

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited January 2019

If as killer the last guy gets the hatch i consider that a win.

The hatch is crutch compensation for a team that did not fulfil the objective of finishing 5 gens and getting out the door.

If as the survivor i got the hatch im happy but i don't consider it a win i consider it i got lucky.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    edited January 2019

It may seem the logical thing to do and base the win/lose condition on the amount of kills you got, but I personally don't do that. It usually doesn't happen to me as Killer, but often enough when I play Survivor, that the Killer got undeserved kills in end-game due to Survivors screwing up.

It doesn't matter to me then that the Killer got 3 kills. If it was obvious that he only played "well enough" for 1 or even no kill and simply got the additional ones due to the Survivors being idiots and basically sacrificing themselves instead of leaving through the gates, then I still consider the game lost for the Killer.

The same goes for when I get sacrificed, but should I have managed to enable my team mate(s) to escape, then I see myself as a winner too.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    This game needs a "Killers Win/Survivors Win/Draw" screen.  No more ambiguity/subjectivity about what is considered winning or losing.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@TreemanXD said:
    So I just played a game as pig, I killed three of them (the fourth one got hatch) then he sends me hate mail basically telling me to kms and then says I was just salty cause I lost. I tried explaining to him that a 3k is still a win, but he kept going back to the you lost and then stopped responding. So is it true is a 3k a loss?

If survivors are salty enough to send you hatemail, thats a win in my books :smile:

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    edited January 2019

Report him for saying to #########, that's just toxic behavior and you can get him banned with screenshots

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

You are all judged by the entitiy. If the entity says you pipped then you won, even if you are a survivor and you died. If you had a basement party, killing 3 people and depipped (if that's possible) its a loss.

Some would argue that Killers are technically not even competing with survivors.

• GrootDude
    LCGaster said:

Report him for saying to [BAD WORD], that's just toxic behavior and you can get him banned with screenshots

Don’t worry I did report him.
  • LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    Literally anything can be considered a win in this game. Ive been called a "terrible killer" and that i was "salty that i lost" while getting a 4k lmao. Both sides can just be really salty lol
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

The Devs have said that on average they want it to be 2 dead, 2 escaped. So a 3k is certainly a win, i'd say.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187

The guy sounds like an idiot