100 % survival rate yesterday!

Options
micsan
micsan Member Posts: 95
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

So, after taking about a week or so break, me and two friends played yesterday for about an hour and got 100% survival rate.

None of us even got hit!

4 lobbies, 15 min wait times between each lobby, killer dodged all of our games.

GG, should have known not to play after 20:00 EU time. [PS4]

I'll go back to playing something else again, thanks BHVR!
At least I can give KH3 a go today I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comments

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

I don't think that the matchmaking is buggy. There are probably not enough people playing killer at the moment. As killer, I get instant lobbies. As solo surv, I have to wait one or few minutes. Waiting times for SWF are even longer, of course.

Playing killer should be made more attractive so that more people are interested in playing this role.

• micsan
    edited January 2019
    Options

@NoShinyPony said:
    I don't think that the matchmaking is buggy. There are probably not enough people playing killer at the moment. As killer, I get instant lobbies. As solo surv, I have to wait one or few minutes. Waiting times for SWF are even longer, of course.

Playing killer should be made more attractive so that more people are interested in playing this role.

I'm starting to suspect the same thing.

My theory so far is this:

TOXIC SWF teams, cause killers to become lobby dodgers.

lobby dodgers cause regular SWF teams to become toxic.

queue non-toxic casual SWF 3-4 times into a lobby dodger.

non-toxic SWF quits the game entirely, effectively turning the toxic SWF teams into the majority because they are more willing to put up with queue times then a casual player.

So now, we have so many lobby dodgers, and so many TOXIC SWF teams, that it's almost impossible to enjoy the game as both survivor and killer.

I do not think that it is either survivors or killers fault, we are all at fault for not being nice to each other. If you are the type of person to say anything but GGs etc. in post game chat, you are part of the problem.

I hope BHVR keeps the banhammer strong when it comes to toxic people in this game, because they are ruining it.

TLDR; I think many of the nice people in this game have quit or are taking a break, effectively making queues horrible and the games you get into as well.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

Yesterday was the same for me on PC. Got lobby dodged a lot. Two killer disconnected right when the game even started too.. Like, what.

• NoShinyPony
    Options

@micsan said:

@NoShinyPony said:

I'm starting to suspect the same thing.

TLDR; I think many of the nice people in this game have quit or are taking a break, effectively making queues horrible and the games you get into as well.

The toxicness could be one reason. I believe there are other problems as well.

Big problem: Balance. If the killer isn't a Nurse, they usually have a hard time against a 4 SWF. This game also isn't balanced for several toolboxes or several insta-heals or certain perk loadouts if all of the survs are running them. If a killer feels like they don't have a real chance in winning, then they aren't likely to go into the match.

Another issue: Bugs. Audio works again but scratchmarks still aren't properly working at the moment. Also fps on console.

Bottom line: We need more killer players. Issues that prevent people from playing killer need to be fixed.

• micsan
    edited January 2019
    Options

@TRGraybles said:
    The big problem is that against HC-SWF teams most killers can't do #########, it's not about skill anymore it's about good teamplay. Killers get run ragged by good SWF teams and they can't do ######### about it other then start camping hooks to at least get a kill.

• A passive killer buff for every SWF member in the game might be able to fix this problem, something like Freddy's Fire Up perk or something that at least turns the table back a little bit, that way it's not a flat out buff against solo player games!

Could be very interesting, I don't see what they could buff though in terms of speed or whatever without it being broken.

• Maybe give killers more BP for engaging SWF teams, 'cause even that usually sucks, there is no rewards for doing it so why bother?

I've always been a huge fan of the idea of giving the killer bonus points when playing against SWF, I've heard the idea before and I'm all for it. Because it doesn't nerf the survivors in any way or buff the killer, as I don't believe that this game had such a huge issue with HC-SWF teams as they do now. It definitely was an issue, but now the issue is making people quit the game.

• Or just an option to not play against SWF teams would be an option as well! At least when the SFWers get a lobby they know they got one!

I don't really like this idea too much, but I definitely see what you are getting at. I just don't like the idea of having "I want to play against something easy this time" button.

@NoShinyPony said:

Bottom line: We need more killer players. Issues that prevent people from playing killer need to be fixed.

I definitely agree that the issue is around the number of killers. Number of killers willing to play against SWFs.

But I do think that it is slightly exaggerated that killers don't stand a chance against a HC-SWF, you definitely can still win, it's just going to be incredibly hard compared to non-SWFs or even casual SWFs. There are streamers that play with no perks and never dodge a lobby and still get plenty of wins. To say that it is impossible or close to it is in my opinion wrong.

You are blaming the game at that point and not yourself, and I'm 100% sure that everyone that complains about SWF aren't playing 100% perfectly and are doing mistakes that they refuse to admit to because HC-SWF. I've seen threads of people complaining that they FINALLY get one person down and 1 gen left, then he has DS and killer loses the game with 0 kills. Then they go ahead to blame the DS user for their loss, when in fact they would have lost anyway because they were just that much better.

This video proves that even the most toxic survivors are beatable on any map with any killer- https://youtu.be/t8u0jRxN2kQ

• micsan
    Options

@TRGraybles said:

@micsan said:

• Or just an option to not play against SWF teams would be an option as well! At least when the SFWers get a lobby they know they got one!

I don't really like this idea too much, but I definitely see what you are getting at. I just don't like the idea of having "I want to play against something easy this time" button.

True, maybe the BP idea or otherwise just make the Entity less demanding, because a lot of people want a fun game and advance in rank (eventually), But SWF groups (the good ones) can fudge you over hard, so making the Entity less "Displeased" will save your ranking a little bit!

I don't really know how that would help....Because chances are you will meet a good SWF more often at higher ranks.

Maybe they could prevent you from losing pips, but I feel like that is almost impossible to do as killer unless you down nobody and hit nobody. Could just be the fact that I know how to deal with all loops and eventually down a survivor in 2-3 mins tops. It's probably been a week or so since last time I was mindgamed so hard they got all gens done before I got one survivor down. Happens so rarely and they really need to get extremely lucky with their mind games, I don't really mind it.

Being in chase in this game is what's fun to me, chasing a really good survivor or being chased by a really good killer is where the excitement lies.

• NoShinyPony
    Options

@micsan said:

@TRGraybles said:
    The big problem is that against HC-SWF teams most killers can't do #########, it's not about skill anymore it's about good teamplay. Killers get run ragged by good SWF teams and they can't do ######### about it other then start camping hooks to at least get a kill.

• A passive killer buff for every SWF member in the game might be able to fix this problem, something like Freddy's Fire Up perk or something that at least turns the table back a little bit, that way it's not a flat out buff against solo player games!

Could be very interesting, I don't see what they could buff though in terms of speed or whatever without it being broken.

• Maybe give killers more BP for engaging SWF teams, 'cause even that usually sucks, there is no rewards for doing it so why bother?

I've always been a huge fan of the idea of giving the killer bonus points when playing against SWF, I've heard the idea before and I'm all for it. Because it doesn't nerf the survivors in any way or buff the killer, as I don't believe that this game had such a huge issue with HC-SWF teams as they do now. It definitely was an issue, but now the issue is making people quit the game.

@NoShinyPony said:

I definitely agree that the issue is around the number of killers. Number of killers willing to play against SWFs.

But I do think that it is slightly exaggerated that killers don't stand a chance against a HC-SWF, you definitely can still win, it's just going to be incredibly hard compared to non-SWFs or even casual SWFs.

I'm not exaggerating. When it comes to facing SWFs, there are so many variables:

• Which character is the killer using? While a very good nurse can deal with pretty much everything, it's a completely different thing for Freddy.

• Which items are brought into the game? Perk loadouts? 4 DS, 3 insta-heals combined with some Deliverance and Unbreakable? That consumates a lot of the killer's time.

And that's the point: Consuming the killer's time. The killer can down a survivor super quick, but a DS will always give the surv a certain amount of extra time. An insta-heal will always give the surv a certain amount of extra time. Deliverance... and so on. It's about the amount of those extra time-events which combined all together take to much of the killer's time.

It's not about one single DS. We don't have to talk about killers complaining that a single DS made them lose their game.

Btw: I play more surv than killer.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

@micsan said:
    So, after taking about a week or so break, me and two friends played yesterday for about an hour and got 100% survival rate.

None of us even got hit!

4 lobbies, 15 min wait times between each lobby, killer dodged all of our games.

GG, should have known not to play after 20:00 EU time. [PS4]

I'll go back to playing something else again, thanks BHVR!
    At least I can give KH3 a go today I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unlike people recommending civ 5 I recommend resident evil 2

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Options

The real balance problem is that survivors are balanced around the strongest possible killer+ build , so basically survivors are balanced around billy,  5 blink nurse, infinite ew 3, insta down hatchets + ebony mori etc... They're built to have a chance against even the strongest but now let's take a normal killer without an insane build who may not play enough to have a chance against a skilled team anyway and here's where the complaints come in, some people can easily kill all four like myself because we played since the release and all the buffs since have been nice. My theory on a way to even the playing field is actually a buff to open handed , I think that anyone within a eight meter range should be able to view eachothers aura reading perks with open handed that way bond/empathy etc.. can be viewed and you don't have to tell anyone anything if they can see it , thus will be a nice buff to the solo survivor not on comms , people complain about voice comms but I can visualize better than be told so if we take away most of the reason to voice com and Nerf the strongest killers to balance the survivors around then the game will be way more even to some
  • micsan
    Options

@NoShinyPony said:

@micsan said:

@TRGraybles said:

@NoShinyPony said:

But I do think that it is slightly exaggerated that killers don't stand a chance against a HC-SWF, you definitely can still win, it's just going to be incredibly hard compared to non-SWFs or even casual SWFs.

I'm not exaggerating. When it comes to facing SWFs, there are so many variables:

• Which character is the killer using? While a very good nurse can deal with pretty much everything, it's a completely different thing for Freddy.

• Which items are brought into the game? Perk loadouts? 4 DS, 3 insta-heals combined with some Deliverance and Unbreakable? That consumates a lot of the killer's time.

And that's the point: Consuming the killer's time. The killer can down a survivor super quick, but a DS will always give the surv a certain amount of extra time. An insta-heal will always give the surv a certain amount of extra time. Deliverance... and so on. It's about the amount of those extra time-events which combined all together take to much of the killer's time.

It's not about one single DS. We don't have to talk about killers complaining that a single DS made them lose their game.

Btw: I play more surv than killer.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that...

My point being that the HC-SWF group you described is probably less then 1% of all HC-SWF groups. I have NEVER met a group with 4 DS, 3 insta heals combined with deliverance and unbreakable. Maybe it's just this way on ps4, but I really have a hard time believing that this is what you meet most of the time. I don't know enough about the PC meta to have an opinion, other then I know PC has always been more tryhard then console in everything I've played.

one maybe two DSs, one maybe two insta heals, never as hardcore as you describe, that is the point I'm trying to make. If you play 100 games and one of them is like this, then there is absolutely no need to start lobby dodging every SWF you see.

I also play mostly survivor, BTW. But I used to play 5-6 hours per day, so 1-2 hours per day as killer, until my friends came online and we SWF. I honestly don't play killer at all anymore as I only played killer to get points on my survivors, but when I can't SWF I see no point to play this game as killer, don't see a point in playing at all to be completely honest. The grinding in this game becomes meaningless if you can't use whatever it is you're grinding with friends. For me personally at least.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Options

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    The real balance problem is that survivors are balanced around the strongest possible killer+ build , so basically survivors are balanced around billy,  5 blink nurse, infinite ew 3, insta down hatchets + ebony mori etc... They're built to have a chance against even the strongest but now let's take a normal killer without an insane build who may not play enough to have a chance against a skilled team anyway and here's where the complaints come in, some people can easily kill all four like myself because we played since the release and all the buffs since have been nice. My theory on a way to even the playing field is actually a buff to open handed , I think that anyone within a eight meter range should be able to view eachothers aura reading perks with open handed that way bond/empathy etc.. can be viewed and you don't have to tell anyone anything if they can see it , thus will be a nice buff to the solo survivor not on comms , people complain about voice comms but I can visualize better than be told so if we take away most of the reason to voice com and Nerf the strongest killers to balance the survivors around then the game will be way more even to some

But if that is the case and players are still put into game lobbies graded by rank should rank be determined per character (and that characters loadout) and not account wide?

I mean a super geared and perked-up Dwight should be put against a guy barely out of rank 20-16. Just like a geared killer should never be put against 4 noobie Survivors that barely got 5 games under their belt!

Until they find a way to prevent deranking on both sides that will be hard to accomplish
  • Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,217
    Options

@se05239 said:
    Yesterday was the same for me on PC. Got lobby dodged a lot. Two killer disconnected right when the game even started too.. Like, what.

Survivor and killer lobbies are instant on PC though. SWF is like a minute, which is great.

• micsan
    Options

@Nick said:

@se05239 said:

Survivor and killer lobbies are instant on PC though. SWF is like a minute, which is great.

-If you play as 2 people on ps4, queue is very fast, solo is also very fast. Want to play 3 people or more? ######### OFF!

This ######### is so consistent now, we queued up and started watching Netflix and just gave up after watching a full 45 min episode without getting into a match. If you queue after 20:00-21:00, it's impossible to get into a game, as SWF.