The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Totem spots have been improved...

tt_ivi_99
tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

Pretty good job so far...

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

Those are old Totem Spawns, they did not change them, they just added a few new Locations.

Those are quite ok, but they should change the appearance of the Totems. They look nice from a visual aspect, but they can be seen quite good when lit, even when they are decently hidden.

• tt_ivi_99

Those are old Totem Spawns, they did not change them, they just added a few new Locations.

Those are quite ok, but they should change the appearance of the Totems. They look nice from a visual aspect, but they can be seen quite good when lit, even when they are decently hidden. 

Devs said they improved totems so that they would spawn closer to objects to be more hidden...
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    Aven_Fallen said:

Devs said they improved totems so that they would spawn closer to objects to be more hidden...

Yeah, but they only added a few spots for now. Totem Spawns will be improved over time.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

being serious here, they did change shack totem to be more hidden, but those hopefully are gonna get changed, totem by gen and totem in the open

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

hIgH rIsK hIgH rEwArd GiT gUD!1111!!!111!!!! trololololol

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    The problem with totem spawn changes is that they only have an effect in the short term. After time survivors and killers alike will learn all of the spawn locations.

All they can do is make them as obscured as possible to make folks waste time searching tiles.
  • AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited January 2019
    I mean I know why they are not super hidden but some spawns are just stupid like when they spawn along the edge of the map on docs map or when they spawn out in the open in the farm maps. I have noticed tho that my devor hope build on wraith has worked more when I don't get one of those spawns.
  • laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

The totemdependent perk gameplay is random!.
    i prefer use a build without totemlotery....

they will never fix this problem!

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    laKUKA said:

The totemdependent perk gameplay is random!.
    i prefer use a build without totemlotery....

they will never fix this problem!

A lot of people said bans wouldnt happen on console look at it now LUL bhvr will find something to make totems a bit better 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited January 2019

Sometimes they are hidden very well... sometimes not. They have gotten better. However I don't think the Devs wanted to make it impossible to find them. Some totem spawns I believe are ment to be easier to find then others.

You have to make your plea to the RNG gods.

I don't understand why people think all totem spots are supposed to be hidden under a rock.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    edited January 2019
    Acromio said:

Literally nobody says this in reference to totem spawns. We all know some of them are awful. So I'm not sure who you're mocking here, other than just trolling.
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Not to mention that one of the new Spawns is in Shack "Hidden" by some boxes. It's only blocked by your view from one door, If you go trough the window or the other door you see it immediately. I honestly question if the Devs play the game sometimes because shack is a go to place for looping or looking for generators, having a totem spawn in or around it is a dumb decision.

I'm not asking for them to be hidden in a locker :lol: but to have them out of plain sight and have survivors actually have to look for them rather than stumbling across them would be nice.

• tt_ivi_99
    Peasant said:
    The problem with totem spawn changes is that they only have an effect in the short term. After time survivors and killers alike will learn all of the spawn locations.

All they can do is make them as obscured as possible to make folks waste time searching tiles.
    But if you place them in the corners of the maps survivors will have to spend time going there and looking for them instead of just finding them near gens and in the open...
  • tt_ivi_99
    TheBean said:

I don't understand why people think all totem spots are supposed to be hidden under a rock.

To add time to the game instead of just nerfing gen or healing speed
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Acromio said:

Literally nobody says this in reference to totem spawns. We all know some of them are awful. So I'm not sure who you're mocking here, other than just trolling.
    Survivors and totem apologists actually said this sometime last year to defend how bad they can spawn.
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    Aven_Fallen said:

So they can be placed closer to objects, not just a blanket change to all totems. Previously they had to be relatively open and away from other objects otherwise the prompt to cleanse them would be blocked. Now the way it works is a little different and you can cleanse them even if they're wedged between two objects, allowing them to be hidden much better. A level designer still needs to go through and move them one by one. This is going to be an ongoing process. As time goes on, totem spawns will be improved, but there is not enough time to move all totem spawns in one update.

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

lol Love this post because it's so true.
    They're decimating this topic on Reddit.

imProVed toTem spaWns

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

The one next to the shack pallet which has been added recently! Amazing! Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533

They need to remove old totem spawns then
  • SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited January 2019

@Aven_Fallen said:

They didn't add locations. They changed the code so that totems are able to spawn closer to items now. Which has caused some gameplay issues. (check out monto's adept bill vid if you want to see him get stuck on a hidden totem)

@Master said:

I totally stole this image.