The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why Are Characters Locked in KYF?

I don't really understand this. KYF is a place where you can mess around with friends and try out builds, so why can't we try out the killers or survivors as well. This could also probably lead to letting console players test out new content. All perks are accessible but the killers and survivors that they came with are not. Why do I have to buy dlc killers/survivors to test them with friends to see if I like them or not? It couldn't be that hard to unlock all characters in KYF only, since you already have all the perks accessible.

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Bugs and stuff, but idk

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Because thats the point of Splinters, mess around with Killers you dont have. If you were allowed to use any character in KYF, then there would be less of an incentive to buy them.
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited January 2019
    Same reason why you have to buy DLC characters for fighting games to use them in single player. :P
  • BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

@PigNRun said:
    Because thats the point of Splinters, mess around with Killers you dont have. If you were allowed to use any character in KYF, then there would be less of an incentive to buy them.

People will buy them anyways so they can get the perks. If the perks are good and the character is trash, you'll still buy the trash character so you can get their perks.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

I don't really understand this. KYF is a place where you can mess around with friends and try out builds, so why can't we try out the killers or survivors as well. This could also probably lead to letting console players test out new content. All perks are accessible but the killers and survivors that they came with are not. Why do I have to buy dlc killers/survivors to test them with friends to see if I like them or not? It couldn't be that hard to unlock all characters in KYF only, since you already have all the perks accessible.

Survivors are just skins. Sure you can try out the perks, (all of them), but giving a survivor which is paid dlc free of charge wouldn’t make sense imo.
  • BigBadPiggy
    Watery said:

Survivors are just skins. Sure you can try out the perks, (all of them), but giving a survivor which is paid dlc free of charge wouldn’t make sense imo.
    I’m not saying give them away for free, I’m saying let us use them in the KYF lobbies, so we can have a chance to try before we buy.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Because because.......... ehhh............

Probably due to some old reason that is completely irrelevant now, just like the BP cap

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

It wouldn't take much to organize a large group that would play KYF in random lobbies, thus negating the purpose of those characters being paid in the first place.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Orion said:

It wouldn't take much to organize a large group that would play KYF in random lobbies, thus negating the purpose of those characters being paid in the first place.

I wish people played KYF that much. Its just much more enjoyable when everyone is messing around. 
  • BigBadPiggy
    Orion said:

But if the perks that come with that character are good, they will still buy it. KYF could be used as a testing grounds kinda like the ptb. Plus, you don’t even get blood points or pips while playing KYF. You need too pay for the character and play normal matches to get their perks. There will always be a reason too buy the characters.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@BigBadPiggy said:
    But if the perks that come with that character are good, they will still buy it. KYF could be used as a testing grounds kinda like the ptb. Plus, you don’t even get blood points or pips while playing KYF. You need too pay for the character and play normal matches to get their perks. There will always be a reason too buy the characters.

No, they wouldn't, because KYF would come with everything unlocked.