The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Add the option to disable the heartbeat

Adonisadon234
Adonisadon234 Member Posts: 147
edited March 2022 in General Discussions
I think this is highly requested by now, but i think there should be an option to use only the music as an indicator for the killer's aproach, or have a way to disable the heartbeat. An offering or a perk could work well. 
Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678
    I’ve said the same thing multiple times. This needs to be a thing. The heartbeat gets soooooo annoying.
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Heartbeat shows that the killer is inducing fear upon the survivors why would we need to remove something that shows fear

• Adonisadon234
    Watery said:
    I don’t agree. I like heartbeat! It feels, like a regular reaction. Wouldn’t your heart be pounding if you were getting chased by a woman with a deformed claw?
    well, i would love to hear the music more clearly. That heartbeat is pretty loud.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited January 2019
    Only if it's the survivors decision. 
    Killers would abuse the hell out of it if it was theirs.
    Probably why most heart beat modifiers with killers are offerings.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Adonisadon234 said:
    I think this is highly requested by now, but i think there should be an option to use only the music as an indicator for the killer's aproach, or have a way to disable the heartbeat. An offering or a perk could work well. 

There should be sound settings in general, just like graphic settings.
    Ridiculous that we have to request such stuff though

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Watery said:
    I don’t agree. I like heartbeat! It feels, like a regular reaction. Wouldn’t your heart be pounding if you were getting chased by a woman with a deformed claw?
    "add an option" means you have the choice.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    Obviously for survivors only. But the killer doesn't even hear a heartbeat anyway or do I miss something?
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

Obviously for survivors only. But the killer doesn't even hear a heartbeat anyway or do I miss something?

Not hearing the heartbeat would make it MUCH harder for survivors to know how close the killer is.
    If the killer could choose to disable the heartbeats for all survivors, then he'd gain a massive advantage.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

This is a stupid idea. next.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

No. Would break the game. You wan't no heartbeat, scratch-mirror Meyers, Wraith or Pig

• Adonisadon234
    edited January 2019

What i'm actually thinking is to add a slider for the ambient, heartbeat, etc volume and another one for the music. Its should be up to the players if they want to do this.

• HavelmomDaS1
    se05239 said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

Not hearing the heartbeat would make it MUCH harder for survivors to know how close the killer is.
    If the killer could choose to disable the heartbeats for all survivors, then he'd gain a massive advantage.

U don't understand what OP's idea is.
    Master said:

@Adonisadon234 said:

There should be sound settings in general, just like graphic settings.
    Ridiculous that we have to request such stuff though

Then killers would be able to disable all music and ambient sound so they could hear breathing and footsteps. That would be unfair. No. Sound settings should only be a master volume and nothing else. MAYBE have something to replace the heartbeat sound, but it would have to be just as dynamic. 
    You completely missed the point. You should read again what op is suggesting, noone is talking about the killee adjusting sounds.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

The only one that does is Legion once they enter Feral Frenzy.

This discussion has been closed.