The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

AFK is the same as those who DC

Mushwin
Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

I get it, some can't help it, don't begin a game if you can't commit, you are letting your team down as much as those asshats who DC...it's like "alone time" be there when you are alone and can afford to enter into the game with some form of commitment! I get tired of doing a rescue, only for me to realise they are a AFK...and i risked a lot....ugh.

Comments

• ToxicAddiction
    ToxicAddiction Member Posts: 58
    Not the same at all. AFK characters can still be hooked, still give BBQ stacks and views, and don’t end the game if it’s the killer.

AFK is not at all the same as disconnecting.
  • Mushwin

No i meant as it's bad as diconnecting, a useless body there, doing nothing to help out, same as one who DC's....

• ForeheadSurviors
    ForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    Mushwin said:

No i meant as it's bad as diconnecting, a useless body there, doing nothing to help out, same as one who DC's....

Real life situation occurs so you cant blame someone for going afk for a short period, are you that obnoxious to not think..
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Mushwin said:
    I get it, some can't help it, don't begin a game if you can't commit, you are letting your team down as much as those asshats who DC...it's like "alone time" be there when you are alone and can afford to enter into the game with some form of commitment! I get tired of doing a rescue, only for me to realise they are a AFK...and i risked a lot....ugh.

Its not the same, in a DC the other players lose time (survivor DCs) and potential BP/wasted addons/offerings.

If you go afk, players have still the chance to farm or do sth

• Mushwin

@ForeheadSurviors said:
    Mushwin said:

Real life situation occurs so you cant blame someone for going afk for a short period, are you that obnoxious to not think..

Woah calm down...it is just another useless body there pretty much doing nothing, i understand rl occurs.

• Mushwin

@Master yes you make a good point, it's just fustrating at times.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

No, it's better for survivors and killer an afk than a DC.
    More BP to farm. the killer get two free hooks & 1K and you get free 1000-1500 BP for an unhook. Also, the afk survivor waste a bit of killer time.