The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

"Copying..." - PS4 update woes

With the last few patches on PS4 the update will download super fast and then it will say "Copying..." It's now taking 3 times longer to "copy" the update than it takes to download it. Is this a problem on the devs side or is it a Sony thing? Can anything be done about it?

Comments

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    With the last few patches on PS4 the update will download super fast and then it will say "Copying..." It's now taking 3 times longer to "copy" the update than it takes to download it. Is this a problem on the devs side or is it a Sony thing? Can anything be done about it?
    My copying also took very long. Just wait it out. Idk why it takes so long but we will just have to deal with it i guess...
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Mine also took really long, I thought it was just my internet.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@brokedownpalace said:

That has been a thing for ages now (at least on PC). Its the way the game is coded, really un-optimised

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited January 2019

@Master said:

@brokedownpalace said:

That has been a thing for ages now (at least on PC). Its the way the game is coded, really un-optimised

This has nothing to do with how the game is coded; it's about software and hardware limitations.
    That said, games usually grow bigger and bigger with every update because rather than really update the code, developers go with the cheaper option, which is to add a completely separate piece of code and replace the necessary references. While this makes the patch install more quickly, it also leaves a bunch of unnecessary crap behind.
    DbD devs decided to do it properly and actually replace what needs replacing, which does mean that the associated hardware and software has to work a little longer to install, but also means you get a much smaller filesize.